Franny Lee RIP

Eric the half a ram

1 hour ago, Henrycav81 said:

I was 9 when we signed him and thought why have we signed him he’s past it, how wrong was I for two seasons he was superb and was a big part in us winning the league in 1975. When he wasn’t fighting with Norman Hunter he played with a smile on his face. RIP

Never got to see him play for us in the flesh.

Just heard Roy Mac’s account of Lee v Hunter at the BBG. Only two seasons with us before retiring.

Once a Ram forever a Ram🐏

RIP Franny

RIP FRANNY.

You get the impression that everything he did in life was done with utter commitment zest and hard work. 

A man who had success with everything he touched be it playing football, administering football, training racehorses or manufacturing toilet roll.

He probably never wasted a day in his life, that last game at Ipswich away, along with that goal at Man City and the fracas with Hunter will live with me forever.

Cheers Franny Thank you for the memories.

Edited by I DONT MIND

• 2 weeks later...
4 hours ago, Poynton ram said:

Frannie’s funeral today. Mate linked to City knew him v well. Had forgotten about the “look at his face” goal v City, what a strike and the celebration afterwards…..by the way when it kicked off with Hunter which Derby player floored Bremner?

Archie, I think.