Derby v Carlisle (A) Match Thread

Bwash_Ram

I heard you like polls  

190 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

2 minutes ago, Curtains said:

No choice anyway .

Clowes can’t change Manager and coaching staff now as he’s invested too much into it. .

Just relax Roy and have a day off 

I will when you do Curtains. And if I was Clowes and I watched this I'd be worried about the value of the business I owned.

Just now, RoyMac5 said:

I will when you do Curtains. And if I was Clowes and I watched this I'd be worried about the value of the business I owned.

I wish I was Clowes because I owned Derby County a Club he loves and has supported all his life .

Its a club I love and have supported for 60 years starting in the boys pen at the old Baseball Ground next to Leys and Ewarts chain belt.

Come on Roy get behind the Club .

2 minutes ago, Curtains said:

I wish I was Clowes because I owned Derby County a Club he loves and has supported all his life .

Its a club I love and have supported for 60 years starting in the boys pen at the old Baseball Ground next to Leys and Ewarts chain belt.

Come on Roy get behind the Club .

I have never ever not got behind the Club. But that does not mean I have to like the manager and at other time the owner too? Fan of Maxwell were you?

12 minutes ago, Curtains said:

Do you really think David Clowes could change manager and coaching staff now after investing so much into the club.

Absolute-none starter 

No I don’t think he will which is why I convince myself the next game will be different because I know there is no alternative. 

8 minutes ago, On the Ram Page said:

Thanks for confirming I’m absolutely right. You are purely guessing and don’t know what budget Derby have, nor Carlisle. Stop taunting opinion as fact.

Okay yeah you’re right Carlisle and derby probably have identical budgets. Fair enough. 

2 minutes ago, IlsonDerby said:

No I don’t think he will which is why I convince myself the next game will be different because I know there is no alternative. 

I think I can accept that argument but I also hope and I think Warne and don’t forget Richie Barker will start to get the football that they desire sooner rather than later .

Anyway good to talk it over. 

Just now, Curtains said:

I don’t miss points and it’s probably a fair question.

Did you get behind Maxwell then and Tommy Docherty? Here's your soundbite, of course I back Clowes, and I think he will be aware of what another season, after this one, in league 1 will do to the value of the Club

Just now, RoyMac5 said:

Did you get behind Maxwell then and Tommy Docherty? Here's your soundbite, of course I back Clowes, and I think he will be aware of what another season, after this one, in league 1 will do to the value of the Club

I’m not sure you can equate the two men who saved DCFC at different times in the same sentence it’s very annoying 

Didn't see the game. Saw the goals peno looked soft. Makes a change. We didn't play well some say and i haven't seen us play well at home either. We seemd to line up quite attacking formation for once even if we didn't get that many chances. But that's three wins out of four away. And we still have scored in every game so far. Collo and Waggy have nine between them, not too shabby in eight games.    

A win is a win and that’s the most you can take away from that. Look quite composed towards the end. 

What worries me is that we have had one shot on target from open play in September and that was today from their mistake. The rest (bolton, Pompey and today) have been penalties. Need create more and that starts with ball retention/getting players in the right position.

Its no coincidence our results come generally without 3 at the back.

1 minute ago, GrimsbyRam said:

A win is a win and that’s the most you can take away from that. Look quite composed towards the end. 

What worries me is that we have had one shot on target from open play in September and that was today from their mistake. The rest (bolton, Pompey and today) have been penalties. Need create more and that starts with ball retention/getting players in the right position.

Its no coincidence our results come generally without 3 at the back.

I am fairly sure we had shots on target against Pompey but they were deflected or blocked. Their keeper didn't have any save to make from open play that is true.  

7 hours ago, Bris Vegas said:

I’m seriously suggesting that Warne favors a direct approach because it’s the easiest, and least technical, style of football to coach. There is obviously defensive and positional coaching too, but I don’t think we’re very good at that either.

Warne’s idea of playing well is evidently far different from my idea of playing well. 

I just like a certain style of football. And Warne’s preferred style of football is almost a total contrast from that.

Agree with most of this, Warne for me is a tactical manager who focuses his messaging around:

’when x team does this, or when y player does this, try this ball/movement’

rather than purely focus on our own style, movement. It always seems to me that it’s predicated on chaos and I can see why he’s at success at this level. One he doesn’t need the most fantastically technical players to work with, just bodies with energy in most positions with technical players in a few key roles to keep it all together. I can see why Korey Smith would’ve been of interest for him in the Championship but why David McGoldrick wouldn’t have been in League One. 

I don’t think he has a style other than get it forward into spaces left by the other team. I just think teams at this level give you chances and that’s provided him with success. 

Still not had time to catch up on this thread, but I'd imagine after yesterday's outcome, @RoyMac5 has finally come around to the realisation that the football being served up is in actual fact quite delectable and easy on the eye... and that now would be a good time to extend the manager's contract.

I'm only guessing of course, but I can read some posters like a book.  They are just so predictable!

# I really must catch up!