Derby v Carlisle (A) Match Thread

Bwash_Ram

I heard you like polls  

190 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

13 minutes ago, Curtains said:

We defended superbly but we need to string more passes together going forward . TRUE

Said we lacked a settled midfield due to injuries. TRUE

Bird coming back could be massive . TRUE

Honestly I was tempted to switch off but managed to keep listening through the negativity.

He thinks next 2 games that brings us up to 10 are important . TRUE

Always thinks 10 games is time to assess. 

Can't see too much that was negative in there, although I'm giving him until Christmas.

4 minutes ago, Curtains said:

He seems to think unless teams are not playing with a holding midfielder like Eustace or Thorne they can’t be successful.

Dominic was trying to reign him in but him and a guy called Ash weren’t having it .

The thing is though after all the criticism he then says at the end let’s improve in the next games .

He has his ideas and he says he will never use social media so how can he have a balanced view .

I mean if I never read DCFC Fans I would be happy with our away point total .

Eric thinks we need to improve home form which I do agree with .

Even for you @Curtains that's a bizarre sentence.

He is right, if you can't pass well from DCM and cover there, you will struggle. Look how we folded in 2014/15 when Eustace got injued at Ipswich. He is also correct that having Bird and Hourihane available will help.

11 hours ago, 8Leeds said:

It wasn’t the most entertaining of games, we seemed to struggle after we went a goal up and if they had a bit more quality they very well could have made it more of a contest. Over the 90 they were the better side but a win is a win.

We managed an away win whilst not playing great which I suppose is a skill in itself. I don’t think it’s the players that are making us look bad right now, more the instructions they’re being given, which isn’t getting the best out of them. This squad is capable of more and that’s what I’m finding frustrating.

Tend to agree with that. We achieved the win, but in no way convincingly. Good performances are a precursor to any success.  

5 minutes ago, Curtains said:

I take issue with the impatience.

Thats it .

Mac1 turned a slightly above average Championship side into one playing fantastic football over night.

Rosenior created a very good League 1 side from scratch over a few weeks.

Warne has taken a very good League 1 side and turned it into an average one after 12 months and 55 games in charge, and can barely pass the ball anymore.

Just now, Ghost of Clough said:

Mac1 turned a slightly above average Championship side into one playing fantastic football over night.

Rosenior created a very good League 1 side from scratch over a few weeks.

Warne has taken a very good League 1 side and turned it into an average one after 12 months and 55 games in charge, and can barely pass the ball anymore.

Do you want him sacked right away then .

7 minutes ago, Curtains said:

What’s better then !

For me, better is greater fluency in possession. We saw glimpses of it against Lincoln but seemed to regress a bit against Carlisle.

Being able to find team mates is key.

But it has been difficult to get a settled enough side to let those relationships develop  with the injuries we have had. 

That's why I expect it will be better when we get a more settled side.

11 minutes ago, Curtains said:

It’s his opinion 

Loads texted in saying he was super negative 

But you can't point out anything that was incorrect. How many who texted in had actually watched the game? By definition, none or next to none.  

1 minute ago, angieram said:

For me, better is greater fluency in possession. We saw glimpses of it against Lincoln but seemed to regress a bit against Carlisle.

Being able to find team mates is key.

But it has been difficult to get a settled enough side to let those relationships develop  with the injuries we have had. 

That's why I expect it will be better when we get a more settled side.

Agreed. We don't control games.