The Derby Ram/King Of Rome

TuffLuff

I know some won’t be too bothered about stuff like this, but it’s the international break and nothing else is happening so bugger it. 

For whatever reason, and one I don’t really want to go into now, but I do think we lost a lot of our heritage, community and identity during the Mel era, especially in how the club fits into the city and the surrounding county.

I think a lot has happened from the march onwards to get some of that back but I do think we could go further. It’s one aspect I actually think Notts Forest has done well in, by making its fans feel part of the club and part of its history (sorry I won’t mention them again now).

One thing I’d love us to do is to connect our local folk songs into the club, not necessarily through chants although The Derby Ram and King Of Rome could work pregame at the very least but even if the club used them a bit rather than the generic bleeping blip music it tends to go for. I thinks there’s an opportunity to do something really cool and give us a link to our history and our culture through songs.

Not really expecting this to go anywhere, just hope someone picks it up as an idea and tries to do something with it. Like I say it’s international break, what else is there to discuss?

34 minutes ago, TuffLuff said:

I know some won’t be too bothered about stuff like this, but it’s the international break and nothing else is happening so bugger it. 

For whatever reason, and one I don’t really want to go into now, but I do think we lost a lot of our heritage, community and identity during the Mel era, especially in how the club fits into the city and the surrounding county.

I think a lot has happened from the march onwards to get some of that back but I do think we could go further. It’s one aspect I actually think Notts Forest has done well in, by making its fans feel part of the club and part of its history (sorry I won’t mention them again now).

One thing I’d love us to do is to connect our local folk songs into the club, not necessarily through chants although The Derby Ram and King Of Rome could work pregame at the very least but even if the club used them a bit rather than the generic bleeping blip music it tends to go for. I thinks there’s an opportunity to do something really cool and give us a link to our history and our culture through songs.

Not really expecting this to go anywhere, just hope someone picks it up as an idea and tries to do something with it. Like I say it’s international break, what else is there to discuss?

I can definitely hear tbe chorus of the derby Rams resonating through the stands. Stirring stuff and I hate folk music! Certainly more interesting and rousing than that bloody poem and SBW. I agree we need to make more of tbe rich heritage which runs deeper than the forced clichés like its in yer dna youth etc.

21 minutes ago, Andrew3000 said:

I can definitely hear tbe chorus of the derby Rams resonating through the stands. Stirring stuff and I hate folk music! Certainly more interesting and rousing than that bloody poem and SBW. I agree we need to make more of tbe rich heritage which runs deeper than the forced clichés like its in yer dna youth etc.

I think we need more variety. 

I like SBW and We Are Derby but you stop listening after a while.

These songs would be just the same if they were played every game.

Every time I hear "it's in your dna youth" or "those all-important fan announcements " I wince.

Just say something different and mix it up a bit! 

I love King of Rome.

The ref was a right Charlie in Turin it’s a shame he didn’t fly away before the game started. 

Let’s face it we got punished by a dodgy ref then and the EFL are still punishing us now with the dodgy ref’s we keep getting because the game has been corrupt for many years and little Derby are where they are because that’s where the football authorities want them.

As Man City can break over 100 rules and still go unpunished.

Yeah I would love to hear King of Rome played, even if it’s just played when using our new identity colours on RamsTV or when showing history clips on RamsTV etc.

And I still think as I mentioned on this forum a couple of years ago that Derby County should utilise our current local bands in Joey Greener’s The Public Eye Band, Marseille and the wonderful work of @leamram etc. Plus the other talented Derby bands / musicians I haven’t mentioned.

1 hour ago, Inverurie Ram said:

Let’s face it we got punished by a dodgy ref then and the EFL are still punishing us now with the dodgy ref’s we keep getting because the game has been corrupt for many years and little Derby are where they are because that’s where the football authorities want them.

Not this again.

The PGMOL are responsible for referees and match selections.

Which makes this F the EFL chant after every poor decision daft.

The PGMOL is a separate company that is jointly owned by the PL, FA and EFL so your accusations are incriminating both the PL and FA.

Now if what you are saying is correct, do you honestly think they would have rescinded Wildsmith's red card?

If you watch enough games from top to bottom, you will see poor decisions are made all over, there is no hidden agenda to punish Derby.

We are where we are because we're failing to put the ball in the net more times than the opposition. 

Yes poor decisions don't help, yet we're responsible for our own downfalls on the pitch, it's a game of 90 minutes where we have ample opportunities to minimise the impact of poor decisions.

42 minutes ago, David said:

Not this again.

The PGMOL is a separate company that is jointly owned by the PL, FA and EFL so your accusations are incriminating both the PL and FA.

Now if what you are saying is correct, do you honestly think they would have rescinded Wildsmith's red card?

If you watch enough games from top to bottom, you will see poor decisions are made all over, there is no hidden agenda to punish Derby.

We are where we are because we're failing to put the ball in the net more times than the opposition. 

Yes poor decisions don't help, yet we're responsible for our own downfalls on the pitch, it's a game of 90 minutes where we have ample opportunities to minimise the impact of poor decisions.

Against Bolton we did put the ball in the net, the referee took it from us.

3 hours ago, Inverurie Ram said:

I love King of Rome.

The ref was a right Charlie in Turin it’s a shame he didn’t fly away before the game started. 

As Man City can break over 100 rules and still go unpunished.

Yeah I would love to hear King of Rome played, even if it’s just played when using our new identity colours on RamsTV or when showing history clips on RamsTV etc.

And I still think as I mentioned on this forum a couple of years ago that Derby County should utilise our current local bands in Joey Greener’s The Public Eye Band, Marseille and the wonderful work of @leamram etc. Plus the other talented Derby bands / musicians I haven’t mentioned.

I kind of have a Derby related song, I found an old radio Derby tape in the loft from when we got promoted in the 80s called back in the big time and it inspired me to write this.

Edited by leamram

8 hours ago, David said:

Not this again.

Yes poor decisions are made all over but what good is a rescinded red card after the event and some sort of admittance that the wrong decision was made. And especially when the same referee has done it to Derby in the past, and in the recent games and is very likely to do it again in the future.

The main event is the main issue, and how many times have they already said…….”oh sorry we’ve looked at the video evidence and we now can see clearly like the other 30,000 fans and the coaches could in the ground, and the thousands of fans watching abroad that the officials got it wrong….again” so we will try our best by rescinding the red card etc, but we can’t do anything now about the dodgy penalty we gave against you or the fact you had to play nearly a full second half with only 10 men etc and therefore loosing the game and gaining no points in the game from our major faulty decisions that did reflect on the final result of the game etc”

My accusations are the same accusations seen clearly by thousands of people every week and you can stick up for whatever organisation but some organisations will just keep on repeating the same mistakes and some organisations become undefendable by repeating such, try working for some of these organisations your defending then your defendable opinions might change.

And yes I do watch football in a number of different leagues and yes you are correct they make mistakes in all of them, so again, they obviously need to improve at what they are doing, because it simply isn’t good enough.

You only have to capture all the bad / wrong decisions we constantly receive and share them with football fans from different clubs, and they can’t believe either the dross decisions we receive.

There is more to football than simply out scoring the opposition, especially if one team has an unfair advantage against the other team when officials have not matched the same incidents in the game with the same decisions for both teams involved, free kicks, penalties, yellow cards, red cards etc.

23 hours ago, David said:

Not this again.

Although I do agree with you that scoring more goals and conceding fewer would neutralise the effects of poor refereeing, if this particular referee in this game had got only half the very poor decicions right we might not have had the penalty against us, we might not have played with ten men for nearly 45 minutes, and we might have scored one or both of the obvious penalties that we weren't given. We would therefore have scored more goals or conceeded less and therefore got a point or even three.

31 minutes ago, richinspain said:

Although I do agree with you that scoring more goals and conceding fewer would neutralise the effects of poor refereeing, if this particular referee in this game had got only half the very poor decicions right we might not have had the penalty against us, we might not have played with ten men for nearly 45 minutes, and we might have scored one or both of the obvious penalties that we weren't given. We would therefore have scored more goals or conceeded less and therefore got a point or even three.

Our chances of picking up points would have increased without a doubt. Not a guarantee though. Also doesn't take away that we wasted the first 45 minutes of the game.

It was a poor decision, not through corruption as has been suggested, through incompetence which happens all over.

The better officials that still make mistakes are in the Premier League, we down in the 3rd tier scraping the barrel most weeks.

On 10/09/2023 at 09:07, David said:

Not this again.

Plus you have to play the odds. 

We felt aggrieved during the admin season because of bad decisions, but we spent a lot of time, especially away from home in our own half. 

We spent most of the Bolton match in our own half, so if a bad decision is due and at this level it is, we're bound to be punished when its near our goal. 

49 minutes ago, David said:

Our chances of picking up points would have increased without a doubt. Not a guarantee though. Also doesn't take away that we wasted the first 45 minutes of the game.

It was a poor decision, not through corruption as has been suggested, through incompetence which happens all over.

The better officials that still make mistakes are in the Premier League, we down in the 3rd tier scraping the barrel most weeks.

I think that time you think was wasted, is how Warne wants us to play away from home. Tight at the back for the first forty five, sting them on the break if we can. If it doesn't work first half, bring on the swift subs in the second half when they are tiring. 

Burton away is the perfect example.

I don't know what went wrong at Peterborough, we started scoring early! 

I agree that the referring is incompetence over conspiracy. 

On 10/09/2023 at 09:07, David said:

Not this again.

Agree in part, David. But when there us a poor decision in a Derby County match, which team is it that the decision goes against? Derby County or the opposition?

Remember we have had 8 clear penalty shouts turned down already this season, and a penalty against for a foul outside the box. And that ref has given 5 outrageous decisions against us in only two matches. That isn’t everybody getting screwed over the same, in the same way that “these things even themselves out over a season” doesn’t work either. If they did then we will get two penalties and an opposition player red carded every match for the rest of the season, because we’ve got 4 years of catch-up to do!

Edited by DavesaRam

3 minutes ago, DavesaRam said:

Agree in part, David. But when there us a poor decision in a Derby County match, which team is it that the decision goes against? Derby County or the opposition?

Remember we have had 8 clear penalty shouts turned down already this season, and a penalty against for a foul outside the box. And that ref has given 5 outrageous decisions against us in only two matches. That isn’t everybody getting screwed over the same, in the same way that “these things even themselves out over a season” doesn’t work either. If they did then we will get two penalties and an opposition player red carded every match for the rest of the season, because we’ve got 4 years of catch-up to do!

You have to remember, we're naturally biased to Derby County.

Decisions that go against us live longer in the memory as oppose to those that go in our favour. Likewise, go on a number of FL club forums and they will all believe there is some kind of vendetta against them. 

It's the same with Sky Sports presenters that apparently hate Derby County as they are not saying nice things about us, come on. 

The standard of officials drops significantly the further you drop down the football pyramid, only the Premier League and Championship have "professional" referees, down here we have the local post and milkmen out on the pitch. 

Given the money in the game it shouldn't be like this, every single referee should be a full time ref that spend their weeks training and rewatching games.

Until then, all we can do is what boxers and MMA fighters are told, don't leave it to the judges, go get that KO as you never know what the judges are seeing.

17 hours ago, TuffLuff said:

Confused Rooster Teeth GIF by Achievement Hunter

Me trying to work out the exact moment my thread about a couple of folk songs got curtailed into ref chat.

Probably around the same time the Portsmouth matchday thread got turned into another round of Sibbo bashing.

Some of the professional forum pundits apply lower standards to their own discipline and performances than they do our team, that's for sure!