The Derby Ram/King Of Rome

TuffLuff

19 hours ago, TuffLuff said:

Confused Rooster Teeth GIF by Achievement Hunter

Me trying to work out the exact moment my thread about a couple of folk songs got curtailed into ref chat.

Exactly @TuffLuff

I’ll get it back on track, and yes I’m being serious here !!!

What we really need is everyone to give it some big Bhangra !!!

Get the Punjabi Rams with their drums in the South stand with the drummer boy. @therams69 mate etc.

@David can dress up in his favourite referee costume and join in with the flag waving whilst shaking his maracas!

Come on Bhangra Rams let’s hear you!

d - d - d - Der - Der - d - d - Derby

On 07/09/2023 at 12:17, Andrew3000 said:

I can definitely hear tbe chorus of the derby Rams resonating through the stands. Stirring stuff and I hate folk music! Certainly more interesting and rousing than that bloody poem and SBW. I agree we need to make more of tbe rich heritage which runs deeper than the forced clichés like its in yer dna youth etc.

Sorry had a hectic few days so haven’t had chance to get back to Leo’s. I’ve been thinking that you could rework The Derby Ram and make it work for the stands. For example:

If you go down to Derby, on a Saturday 
You can see 30,000 marching along the pride parkway

and indeed me lad it’s true me lad I’ve never be known to lie, if you’d been down to Derby you’d seen the same as I

47 minutes ago, TuffLuff said:

Sorry had a hectic few days so haven’t had chance to get back to Leo’s. I’ve been thinking that you could rework The Derby Ram and make it work for the stands. For example:

If you go down to Derby, on a Saturday 
You can see 30,000 marching along the pride parkway

and indeed me lad it’s true me lad I’ve never be known to lie, if you’d been down to Derby you’d seen the same as I

That could work. But the original, without the context of the verse, is vague and mysterious. There's space fir people to project their own meaning, so it's not too literal. The more I hear it, the more I like it. Verses too! It would be so wierd and uniquely ours without trying too hard, just revelling in our heritage. It's magic, I'd actually be proud to sing it.  Make it so!

10 hours ago, VulcanRam said:

Think I'd rather listen to @DavesaRam 's conspiratorial nonsense about referees than that dirge of a song. 

Still, if it was sung at PPS it would put me to sleep quicker than the football does, so every cloud..... 

Now there’s an idea! I never thought about putting my “nonsense” to music before!!! 🤪

1 hour ago, DavesaRam said:

Now there’s an idea! I never thought about putting my “nonsense” to music before!!! 🤪

Perhaps you could do a survey of the supporters of all clubs to find out the ones who feel refs always give them the decisions and always feel they get more dodgy pens than the oppo.

Actually I am not on my own on this forum. Some forum members have actually analysed matches and made similar claims that the balance of decisions is on the brink of falling over. 8 very clear penalty claims in only 5 matches, and one ref being involved in 5 blatant penalty decisions in only two matches is a pretty good pointer, I would say. Unless you think the majority, if not all these penalty shout were unwarranted?

20 hours ago, Wignall12 said:

A little harsh ?

Which bit? @DavesaRam knows it's light-hearted ribbing and a bit of fun - we come from different sides of the debate sometimes (mostly) on referees and it's a subject we both feel strongly about, but we're both Derby fans and I 100% respect his opinions and enjoy his posts. I'd very happily have a pint with him (he might not want this). 

As for the song, I stand by every word. Yuck. It's an ok folk song, but that's where it lives - it's not suitable at all for a football stadium. In my opinion of course etc etc   

And if you think the football putting me to sleep is harsh, well, I can't really help you there.

2 hours ago, VulcanRam said:

Which bit? @DavesaRam knows it's light-hearted ribbing and a bit of fun - we come from different sides of the debate sometimes (mostly) on referees and it's a subject we both feel strongly about, but we're both Derby fans and I 100% respect his opinions and enjoy his posts. I'd very happily have a pint with him (he might not want this). 

As for the song, I stand by every word. Yuck. It's an ok folk song, but that's where it lives - it's not suitable at all for a football stadium. In my opinion of course etc etc   

And if you think the football putting me to sleep is harsh, well, I can't really help you there.

Sorry,  you my tongue being firmly in cheek when I posted , wasn't having a pop , just a little jest 

3 hours ago, VulcanRam said:

Ayup Vulccy: I usually have a pint or two pre-match at outside bar of the South Stand, unless its raining then I whimp out and to the inside bar.

I’ m happy to meet up.