P’boro v Derby County: Player Ratings

Ellafella

Half-marks allowed; please rate all subs. Closes Thursday @ 18:00. Results by Thursday 22:00. Average is 6.00. Therefore, when a sub steps on the pitch he is on 6 - that's the baseline. Also indicate ATG (at the game) or TV (Tv viewer).

1Wildsmith

34Rooney

35Nelson

6Cashin

11Méndez-Laing

14Elder

12Smith

4Hourihane

Forna

16Thompson

3Forsyth

10Waghorn

John-Jules

14Washington

9Collins

1Wildsmith     6.5

34Rooney      6.5

35Nelson       7.5

6Cashin          7

11Méndez-Laing     6.5

14Elder         5.5

12Smith          7

4Hourihane     7

Forna              6.5

16Thompson     9

3Forsyth          7.5

10Waghorn        9

John-Jules        7

14Washington      7

9Collins          7

4 hours ago, Ellafella said:

Half-marks allowed; please rate all subs. Closes Thursday @ 18:00. Results by Thursday 22:00. Average is 6.00. Therefore, when a sub steps on the pitch he is on 6 - that's the baseline. Also indicate ATG (at the game) or TV (Tv viewer).

1Wildsmith 6.5

34Rooney 5.5

35Nelson 7

6Cashin 7

11Méndez-Laing 6

14Elder 6

12Smith 6.5

4Hourihane 6

Fornah 6.5

16Thompson 7.5

3Forsyth 6.5

10Waghorn 9

John-Jules 6.5

14Washington

9Collins

5 hours ago, Ellafella said:

1Wildsmith -6.5 good save first half

34Rooney- 6.5 improved as game went on

35Nelson - 7 good game, looking much better defensively

6Cashin - 6.5 improved as game went on, did struggle with JCH

11Méndez-Laing - 6 hit and miss performance

14Elder - 6

12Smith - 6 steady performance

4Hourihane - 6.5 shaky start, improved

Forna - 6 

16Thompson - 7.5 absolutely everywhere, great cross for 1st goal

3Forsyth - 7 worked well with Thommo

10Waghorn - 8  great finishes for goals

John-Jules - 6

14Washington - 7 works hard, links well with Waggy

9Collins 6

ATG

5 hours ago, Ellafella said:

1Wildsmith 7 - some smart saves and a bit of play-acting at the end (which I know annoys some!)

34Rooney 6 - good going forward, had a tough game defensively against their best player. Never gave up.

35Nelson 7 - much better, good blocks. His form is building along with his confidence.

6Cashin 7 recovered well from a shaky start, and an extra half point for the goal.

11Méndez-Laing 7 - he'd be back to his best if he could find his scoring boots but he did really well down the right hand side. Was substituted at the right time for once!

14Elder 6 - was on far side from me and I didn't really notice him 

12Smith 6.5 - getting better slowly but he's not my solution for CDM

4Hourihane 8 - recovered even better from his shaky start. A joy to watch when he works as hard as he did yesterday

Fornah - 6.5 looks like a good find and he's a Ram already

16Thompson 8.5 - excellent, everywhere👌 This is the Tommo we have seen come up through the ranks. Long may it continue.

3Forsyth 7 - got in the way of a lot of attacks as well as linking well with Tommo down the left

10Waghorn 9 - he is relishing the partnership with Wash, got the goals and the glory and played with huge enthusiasm. Only knocked him a mark off for the chances he missed. 

John-Jules 6.5  - looks classy

14Washington 7.5 - so much of what worked for Waggy did so because of the space he created for him

9Collins 6 - worked hard but nothing quite came off for him. Needs to learn how to challenge without fouling. 

At the game. Sometimes my view wasn't the best, lots going on so might have missed bits! 

ATG

1Wildsmith- 6- Steady display. Decent save in first half.

34Rooney-6.5- Tough game for Rooney. Was up against a very talented winger who gave him lots of issues. Grew in to the game and kept at the task. Never dropped his performance levels. 

35Nelson-7- In a back 4 he looks a different player. Kicks, heads and wins tackles. Best game in a Rams shirt.

6Cashin-7- Steady game, extra 0.5 for the header. 

11Méndez-Laing-6.5- Decent shift, picked up a couple of assists, Waggy diverting his weak shot home to spare NML his blushes! Gave his all before gassing out. Replaced and this was the right decision by Warne.

14Elder-6- On again as sub. Still to show any real reason why he deserves to start. 

12Smith-7- Decent and busy. Does the ugly jobs in midfield. Good shift.

4Hourihane-7- Seemed slow out the blocks but showed his class as he took a grip of the game.

Forna-6.5- Excellent introduction as a Ram. Looked comfortable on the ball and found space to play intelligent but simple passes. Could have a player on our hands here. He is a Ram,is a Ram, is a Ram, he hates Forest! 🤣😂

16Thompson-8- Proved last week was not a fluke. Covered every inch of grass and worked harder than any Derby midfielder I have seen in years. Very impressive again. First time I have heard a crowd chant his name with such enthusiasm! Tommo! Tommo! Tommo!

3Forsyth-6.5- Steady, dependable and everything else in between. Took a tactical yellow for the team. Given the armband when Hourihane was substituted.

10Waghorn-10- No words needed. Our number 10. First away hat trick I have been present for. 

19John-Jules-6- Cameo debut. Seemed strong, quick and direct. Could be a find here. Warne stated in interview there is a future here should he prove himself and want it. Encouraging. 

14Washington-7- You don’t score 4 first half goals without your forwards playing well. Busy and energetic, more bromance shown with Waggy. Good shift put in  by Washy. 

9Collins-6- Came on, helped defensively. My opinion, he may quickly be one 4th choice behind Waggy, Wash and JJ. IF, we are still looking at Smith at Wednesday, could his time ad a Ram be up? 

Warne- kept same team and formation. Players shower their faith by turning around a game that could have been lost after JCH goal. Not a fan of him changing to 3 at the back but understand why he did it. Very honest interview after the game. He is a nice bloke, really do want him to do well for us. 

Unpopular opinion. Bird getting injured has benefitted us as it has forced a change in a stake midfield. (Not saying for one second Bird is a poor/bad player, just him, Hourihane and Smith DO NOT WORK as a midfield 3 together.)

Happy Sunday fellow Rams! 🐏🙌🏻

1Wildsmith - 7 - not culpable for the goals

34Rooney - 7 - would have been an 8 for his forward contributions (so composed and comfortable on the ball) but given the run-around by Mason-Clark and couldn't get to grips with him

35Nelson - 7 - has to share collective responsibility for 2 goals conceded but otherwise had another good game defensively

6Cashin - 7.5 - same as Nelson plus an extra 0.5 for the goal

11Méndez-Laing - 6.5 - plenty of effort and an unorthodox assist for the third!

14Elder - 6.5 - did OK after coming on - probably his best contribution so far this season. Would still like to see evidence he can cross a dangerous ball

12Smith - 7 - much improved on last week; a bit more decisive in his play

4Hourihane - 7 - after a very ordinary first 10 minutes, really stepped it up. Good awareness for the fourth goal.

Fornah - 6.5 - not much time to make his mark but looked good on the ball

16Thompson - 8 - I can't remember the last time I gave an 8. Well played young man. Energy and skill in abundance. On this evidence I have massively underestimated him because he's not just good... he's really good!

3Forsyth - 7 - solid time and time again. Also love the force he puts into his tackles. Fozzie means business!

10Waghorn - 9 - can't remember my last 8 and pretty sure I've never given a 9. What a finishing performance from Waggy (especially the third) but so much more than that. He was a total menace throughout, and such intelligent use of the ball. Said recently he looks like he's organising things too, and that was evident again yesterday. On course to be the League One signing of the season! (not to get too carried away...)

John-Jules - 6.5 - can't justify more than 6.5 but really liked the look of him. One moment where he dummied then shielded the ball, drawing a free-kick, showed both skill and intelligence. Hoping he can make a big contribution.

14Washington - 7 - excellent shift and already showing the sort of runs we'd been told he would. 

9Collins - 6.5 - again did well for the team when coming on. Hasn't quite got the coverage of Washington but when his head is right and he gives his usual effort, he makes a big contribution.

1 hour ago, jameso said:

16Thompson - 8 - I can't remember the last time I gave an 8. Well played young man. Energy and skill in abundance. On this evidence I have massively underestimated him because he's not just good... he's really good!

3Forsyth - 7 - solid time and time again. Also love the force he puts into his tackles. Fozzie means business!

10Waghorn - 9 - can't remember my last 8 and pretty sure I've never given a 9. What a finishing performance from Waggy (especially the third) but so much more than that. He was a total menace throughout, and such intelligent use of the ball. Said recently he looks like he's organising things too, and that was evident again yesterday. On course to be the League One signing of the season! (not to get too carried away...)

You've just given an 8 to Thompson. If your memory is so poor, are you sure you've never awarded a 9 

41 minutes ago, 1of4 said:

You've just given an 8 to Thompson. If your memory is so poor, are you sure you've never awarded a 9 

Um… the meaning of my comment was “I can’t remember the last time I gave an 8… before giving this 8 to Thompson”. Was that not clear or are you on the wind-up? 🤣

Either way I am honoured you paid such close attention to my waffle 😜

EDIT: Ah, I’ve just realised you’re referencing the Waggy comment. I probably should have written “couldn’t remember my last 8 (before Thompson) and pretty sure I’ve never given a 9”. That could have been clearer.

I must do better next time!

Edited by jameso

On 27/08/2023 at 10:01, Ellafella said:

1Wildsmith - 7

34Rooney - 6

35Nelson - 7

6Cashin - 7.5

11Méndez-Laing - 6.5

14Elder - 5.5

12Smith - 6.5

4Hourihane - 6.5

Forna - 6

16Thompson - 8.5

3Forsyth - 7

10Waghorn - 9.5