Will warn have to dip into under 21s team

B4ev6is

I know warn says a midfelied is close to coming in and somebody else but like other targets have gone else were will paul warm have to dip into under 21s for players at times to play into first team I like looks of brown lad or Roberson my dad likes Charlie lindsay in midfield or even Bradley Johnson could stup up to first team again.

What do you guys think.

4 minutes ago, Bald Eagle's Barmy Army said:

He already is B4 and if we don’t sign 3-4 players in the next 10 days, I can see this happening more and more and this will then affect the lower age groups. 

It’s like a domino effect all the way down to the much younger age groups. 

I think warn would be talking jake Buxton to see who could make step up for a few weeks to see who comes back of injury list.

14 hours ago, IslandExile said:

He only picked Rooney when there was nobody else available and despite the fact that most supporters rate him.

So I'm not too hopeful.

He probably thought his original selections were the right players in the right places. Hopefully, he now knows Rooney is worth a starting place on the right hand side of a back 3 or a back 4 as well as being able to play centrally.

I really want to see the U21 side develop without disruption - it's imperative that we have a better season than last (draw against Liverpool shows promise) so hopefully Buxton is left to just get on with his job focused on the group he has. We are lucky that we have young players consistently playing at high level that should the worst happen that they can be called upon. 

We saw how unforgiving the level can be on them last season. 

2 hours ago, 8Leeds said:

If what we’ve seen so far continues, don’t expect Warne to put faith in the young’uns. 

Thompson and Rooney are good players that easily could become very good players if given the opportunity.

Yeah I think Warne is very much in the “I don’t trust any player until they’re 28” mold 

On 22/08/2023 at 10:17, Ambitious said:

I really want to see the U21 side develop without disruption - it's imperative that we have a better season than last (draw against Liverpool shows promise) so hopefully Buxton is left to just get on with his job focused on the group he has. We are lucky that we have young players consistently playing at high level that should the worst happen that they can be called upon. 

We saw how unforgiving the level can be on them last season. 

I agree with all that. But if Warne calls on the academy it will from the U21 side, which already incudes Dujaune Brown from the U18s. Warne's immediate priority has to be first team at any given time. Then an U18 player will step up to the U21s. The U18 team is flying at the moment, continuing its turnaround since the New Year and the U21 side has now been strengthened by the summer recruitment.