Derby County v Blackpool : Player Ratings

Ellafella

Half-marks allowed; please rate all subs. Closes Thursday @ 18:00. Results by Thursday 22:00. Average is 6.00. Therefore, when a sub steps on the pitch he is on 6 - that's the baseline. Also indicate ATG (at the game) or TV (Tv). 

31Vickers

35Nelson

5Bradley

3Forsyth

6Cashin

2Wilson

23 Ward

12Smith

8Bird

4Hourihane

16Thompson

20Elder

14Washington

10Waghorn

9Collins

ATG........2nd half quite decent actually with not that much threat........1st half - worse than Fleetwood last season by some distance

31Vickers - 6

35Nelson - 3 ....seen 4 games, seemingly worse than Stearman, Curtis, Rooney. Hope I'm wrong.

5Bradley - 4 .....thought we'd bought a monster, was worried when Will Grigg had him on toast at Chesterfield, now more worried

3Forsyth - 8 ....confident, aggressive, tried to bring midfield into play

6Cashin - 7 ....thought he was pretty good last night. No need for the Hollywood passes but loads better than Sat

2Wilson - 2 .....hope he comes good but genuinely poor last night

23 Ward - 6 ...instant improvement down the right but largely nullified by them playing a back 5

12Smith - 6 ....did OK when we actually played football

8Bird - 6.5 .....as per Smith and best payer on the pitch by a mile when he played further back in the second half and surged with ball at feet

4Hourihane  - 5 ......hardly his fault we got it on the deck about twice in the first half, but not his finest

16Thompson - 6.5 ....did well, not just getting around the pitch either. Played some decent stuff.

20Elder - 4 .....mark off for the goal. Did just about OK but miles off Fozzy at LWB on Sat

14Washington - 4 ....hardly noticed he was on the pitch

10Waghorn - 6 ......thought he did OK

9Collins - 5 .....worked hard - possibly in the wrong areas of the pitch

BROWN....5.......couple of decent touches 

I'm generally supportive of PW but:

Warne (Match) - 3......sadly this is more about the apparent low quality of signings rather than on the day which was somewhat down to the players. Only Ward is impressing.

Warne (Interview) - 1 .....what was he thinking? Tough few days ahead. Lose at Burton and it could be messy.

At the game:

31Vickers - 7 - did nothing wrong, good distribution, one excellent save

35Nelson - 4 - positioning sometimes poor, passing average at best, not very mobile, tried hard!

5Bradley - 3 - worrying, hoping he just needs game time - has he played in a 3?

3Forsyth - 8 - aggressive, pursued opposition to deny them space and time, bossed the defence

6Cashin - 7 - game of two halves - passing was off in first half, improved a lot in 2nd half

2Wilson - 4 - lacked confidence to try to beat his man, dithered with ball at his feet and caused a couple of B'pool break-aways

23 Ward - 7 - improved us when he came on, showed some pace and desire

12Smith - 6 - average, better second half

8Bird - 6 - first half poor but major improvement second half and found some good spaces - too late!

4Hourihane - 4 - anonymous

16Thompson - 6.5 - worked very hard and tried to get involved, end product still the issue

20Elder - 5 - not much threat going forward really, 2nd goal was unlucky

14Washington - 5 - not up to speed yet, made a few decent runs, lacked supply

10Waghorn - 6 - worked hard and nearly scored but lacked supply from midfield

9Collins - 6 - worked hard but has to drift wide or deep to get involved 

Brown - 6 looked pacey and strong - needs supply

Crowd - 4/10 - fine to have an opinion but booing is very negative and unlikely to motivate the team. Got behind team in second half

15 hours ago, Ellafella said:

Half-marks allowed; please rate all subs. Closes Thursday @ 18:00. Results by Thursday 22:00. Average is 6.00. Therefore, when a sub steps on the pitch he is on 6 - that's the baseline. Also indicate ATG (at the game) or TV (Tv). 

31Vickers  6 could do nothing with goals, otherwise seemed confident

35Nelson 7 pick of the defenders so far

5Bradley 6

3Forsyth 7 would like to see Nelson and Fozzy play together more

6Cashin 6 good strong tackling, below average distribution

2Wilson 4 poor

23 Ward 6.5 brought urgency

12Smith 6.5 stuck to his task

8Bird 6.5 much better second half

4Hourihane 4 rightly substituted

16Thompson 6.5 would start Thomson Saturday bundle of energy

20Elder 6

14Washington 5 off it fitness wise

10Waghorn 6.5 worked hard

9Collins 6

Brown 7 looked lively                                                         ATG

Try watching the game  again on RamsTV. Just like Saturday, the performance was not quite as bad as people were making out. Lots making Bradley the scapegoat and Nelson not far behind. But that’s nonsense. Apart from their 1st goal where he was one of five defenders in the box marking (or not marking 4 Blackpool players - and if anything he had an excuse as he was covering any near post cross), Bradley hardly did anything wrong. Nelson also had a good game defensively )apart from above) and the fact some of his passes were over hit. Of the 4 goals we have conceded so far there have been 3 individual errors. I was more worried by their 1st where we looked disorganised and I think Cashin is not sure who he should be marking.

Much better 2nd half. Bird seemed more comfortable further back. I know Bradley was substituted at half time but I think this was to go to a back 4.

But please watch the game again before delivering such awful scores to check they are accurate. Certainly the 2 above scores are laughable.

3 minutes ago, On the Ram Page said:

Try watching the game  again on RamsTV. Just like Saturday, the performance was not quite as bad as people were making out. Lots making Bradley the scapegoat and Nelson not far behind. But that’s nonsense. Apart from their 1st goal where he was one of five defenders in the box marking (or not marking 4 Blackpool players - and if anything he had an excuse as he was covering any near post cross), Bradley hardly did anything wrong. Nelson also had a good game defensively )apart from above) and the fact some of his passes were over hit. Of the 4 goals we have conceded so far there have been 3 individual errors. I was more worried by their 1st where we looked disorganised and I think Cashin is not sure who he should be marking.

Much better 2nd half. Bird seemed more comfortable further back. I know Bradley was substituted at half time but I think this was to go to a back 4.

But please watch the game again before delivering such awful scores to check they are accurate. Certainly the 2 above scores are laughable.

I disagree. I was at the game and watched it live. Bradley wasn't winning balls at either end of the pitch and he was hesitant in playing out from the back. 

Not doing anything might not be making mistakes but I think it is his job in the centre to organise the defence and lead by example. I saw a lot of that from Fozzy last night and very little of it from Bradley.

Nelson's distribution was dreadful going forwards and far too often he turned back and took the easy option. 

9 minutes ago, angieram said:

I disagree. I was at the game and watched it live. Bradley wasn't winning balls at either end of the pitch and he was hesitant in playing out from the back. 

Not doing anything might not be making mistakes but I think it is his job in the centre to organise the defence and lead by example. I saw a lot of that from Fozzy last night and very little of it from Bradley.

Nelson's distribution was dreadful going forwards and far too often he turned back and took the easy option. 

Have you watched it again, like you did after Saturday’s game ? You changed your mind after watching it again! Concentrate on Bradley, Nelson and who was a fault for the goals.

2 minutes ago, On the Ram Page said:

Have you watched it again, like you did after Saturday’s game ? You changed your mind after watching it again! Concentrate on Bradley, Nelson and who was a fault for the goals.

I didn't watch it again on Saturday as I don't have RamsTV. I never changed my mind on Saturday, I think you are muddling me with someone else? 

Anyway, where are your scores, so I can poke holes in them? 

10 minutes ago, On the Ram Page said:

Goal 1
Nelson initially out of position on the left side of defence, drifts towards the middle and misses a clearance, then when back on the right he fails to put the effort in to jump up and challenge for the cross resulting in the goal. Throughout all this, Bradley may as well have stood on a 1p coin since he chose not to move at all.

Goal 2
Cashin pressing high as instructed by Warne. Long ball down field. No idea what Elder was thinking as he heads it. Nelson didn't follow his man the whole way, otherwise he could have either intercepted Elder's header, or at least put a challenge in on the forward who scored. Bradley watching play going on all around him.

20 minutes ago, angieram said:

I have to say after watching Bradley's pre-season video the guy came across as an instant leader - an inspiration even . He looked calm and collected in the pre-season friendlies I saw; that said in the last 2 games I have seen his body language change to being quite nervous when put under pressure with the ball at his feet and have not noticed any leadership behaviours like talking and demanding and organising; is he simply not used to a big crowd? (as per Saturday?). Is he ring-rusty. He was reminiscent last night almost of dare I say Albentosa; a man mountain but prone to jelly legs? He needs time to settle and "gel" as they say...but perhaps his confidence is shot for the time-being. 

14 minutes ago, Ellafella said:

I have to say after watching Bradley's pre-season video the guy came across as an instant leader - an inspiration even . He looked calm and collected in the pre-season friendlies I saw; that said in the last 2 games I have seen his body language change to being quite nervous when put under pressure with the ball at his feet and have not noticed any leadership behaviours like talking and demanding and organising; is he simply not used to a big crowd? (as per Saturday?). Is he ring-rusty. He was reminiscent last night almost of dare I say Albentosa; a man mountain but prone to jelly legs? He needs time to settle and "gel" as they say...but perhaps his confidence is shot for the time-being. 

I agree his confidence may have taken a dive after his mistake on Saturday. Moving to a new Club and being part of the foot soldiers having been the leader may not have helped him either. But I also remember the game against Stoke where he was absolutely outstanding.

I just hope people give him a chance to redeem himself and not make him a scapegoat, especially the Warne haters who see see him as his big signing.

56 minutes ago, angieram said:

Spot on and what I have seen so far Fozzy is comfortably better than both of them.

29 minutes ago, Ellafella said:

Thought there was one of the preseason friendlies where he did particularly well - but it was old-fashioned CH defending. Think he doesn't want to play out from the back doesn't look confident in possession.