v Wigan (H) Match Thread

Day

1 minute ago, IslandExile said:

Of course, I don't mean it.

But it would've been nice to recruit more than two forwards before the season started.

Ironically the forwards haven't been our biggest problem today.

Biggest issue is that despite a total overhaul our defenders have yet again found a way to hand goals to the opposition.

Just now, Caerphilly Ram said:

Lovely from Wilson and NML, play a 1-2 that puts Wilson in behind their lb, dribbles into the 18 yard box beating one defender then wins a corner 

Brilliant skill from Wilson taking the ball to the corner of the six yard box. Could have shot. We couldn't see, but commentary said Bird and Hourihane were free on the edge of the box. Instead tried to cross for Collins, who I feel never gets to the ball first despite all his battling. Another corner and what might have been. From the corner, had Elder stayed wide out left as Fozzy was doing, he'd have been free to shoot, but alas was sucked into the middle with everyone else. 

Wilson looking our last, best hope. 

2 minutes ago, Carl Sagan said:

Brilliant skill from Wilson taking the ball to the corner of the six yard box. Could have shot. We couldn't see, but commentary said Bird and Hourihane were free on the edge of the box. Instead tried to cross for Collins, who I feel never gets to the ball first despite all his battling. Another corner and what might have been. From the corner, had Elder stayed wide out left as Fozzy was doing, he'd have been free to shoot, but alas was sucked into the middle with everyone else. 

Wilson looking our last, best hope. 

Agree 100% on that especially the part of Collins for saying he is a poacher its amazing how he hasn't got on the end of about 5 balls this game, I so want the guy to succeed and score 20-25 goals for us this season, I think Fozzy has a better chance