Bradley Johnson returns

Kernow

I always thought he had quite good football intelligence and vision, beyond his pretty average ball skills, which was the other way round to so many championship players who had good skills but zero vision. And obviously, hugely physically strong and determined.

Glad he's coaching. Seemed a good guy.

Thought he was a reasonable player, nothing special.  My dad had (unusually for him) a complete and irrational hatred of him… 😂

5 minutes ago, Andrew1 said:

Thought he was a reasonable player, nothing special.  My dad had (unusually for him) a complete and irrational hatred of him… 😂

He was technically bad, but would put himself about - if he had been a free signing he would've been a good player for us, but as he wasn't then it was a bad signing. Highlighted a lot of short-comings with regards to recruitment. A player brought in off the back of a bit of a purple patch, who didn't fit the system and was a little bit of a square peg in a round hole. A lot of money invested for little return. 

29 minutes ago, Ambitious said:

He was technically bad, but would put himself about - if he had been a free signing he would've been a good player for us, but as he wasn't then it was a bad signing. Highlighted a lot of short-comings with regards to recruitment. A player brought in off the back of a bit of a purple patch, who didn't fit the system and was a little bit of a square peg in a round hole. A lot of money invested for little return. 

Think that generally hampered his time here, which wasn’t actually his fault because we agreed the transfer fee, not him.

His first dozen or so games were excellent, he really made a difference and as did Butterfield to be fair. He wasn’t actually that bad but got a hell of a lot of abuse at times and almost became a bit of a villain for some. I think he pulled that back though and was a good player for us overall. It’s nice that he can come back in this capacity and be well regarded, I haven’t seen any negative comments against his return anyway. It shows that despite the fee he wasn’t all that bad a signing, even if it was probably 3x over being value for money…