Team Bonding in Spain (or Melting)

Malagaram

Just now, Malagaram said:

I dont think there will be to much exercise this week unless they are at La Mancha where there might be indoor air conditioned pitches,where I live,midway between Malaga and Marbella 36 C and 40 forecast tomorrow

Video yesterday had the temperatures on, think the warmest they were doing work in was 34 degrees. They're professional athletes, so I'm sure they'll still get some training in, but obviously allowances have to be made. 

25 minutes ago, Malagaram said:

I dont think there will be to much exercise this week unless they are at La Mancha where there might be indoor air conditioned pitches,where I live,midway between Malaga and Marbella 36 C and 40 forecast tomorrow

I really struggle to understand the point of these warm weather training trips although there must be a benefit to them as most, if not all, teams seem to arrange them. If they just want the team to be away from home and together in a hotel in order to facilitate bonding then I’m sure there must be places in the UK they could use. Then again, with the price of hotels in the UK it’s probably cheaper to fly off to Spain. 😀

2 minutes ago, Tamworthram said:

I really struggle to understand the point of these warm weather training trips although there must be a benefit to them as most, if not all, teams seem to arrange them. If they just want the team to be away from home and together in a hotel in order to facilitate bonding then I’m sure there must be places in the UK they could use. Then again, with the price of hotels in the UK it’s probably cheaper to fly off to Spain. 😀

There’s purpose built places with all the facilities for sports teams. But as far as warm weather goes, it’s similar to altitude training to a degree. If you can perform in extreme temperatures, it’s easier in cooler temperatures. 

6 minutes ago, Tamworthram said:

Here’s what Warne aims to get out of it, and as he says the temp for the Wigan game might easily be in the 30s C

35 minutes ago, Tamworthram said:

If B4 was arranging it, it would be a week in Bognor Regis!!

1 hour ago, Srg said:

There’s purpose built places with all the facilities for sports teams. But as far as warm weather goes, it’s similar to altitude training to a degree. If you can perform in extreme temperatures, it’s easier in cooler temperatures. 

Fair enough but the team must be returning from Spain pretty much straight after the Salford game in time for next weeks friendly at tropical Chesterfield whereas it’s three and a half weeks before we play Wigan. How long do the benefits of playing in extreme temperatures last? I have no idea.

14 minutes ago, Tamworthram said:

Fair enough but the team must be returning from Spain pretty much straight after the Salford game in time for next weeks friendly at tropical Chesterfield whereas it’s three and a half weeks before we play Wigan. How long do the benefits of playing in extreme temperatures last? I have no idea.

In perpetuity, in theory. I'm no expert by the way, but they'll still be doing training once their back at Moor Farm. Which means, they should be able to work harder in the cooler conditions easier. They'd only really lose the benefits if they stopped working as hard or sat on the sofa like me.

2 hours ago, Tamworthram said:

At this stage of pre season, I would think that clubs want a bit of bonding and consistant training. Spain is relatively local and cheap, more importantly the weather is more consistant and warmer than the UK. Just imagine if they'd stayed in the UK this week, they'd be combating constant heavy rain, high winds and cool temperatures. These aren't ideal conditions for conditioning players, but are more likely to cause injuries. Hot temperatures in Spain can be moderated by training early morning or late evening, players can relax together around the pool, which is better than stuck inside a hotel spa in the UK.

5 hours ago, RoyMac5 said:

Here’s what Warne aims to get out of it, and as he says the temp for the Wigan game might easily be in the 30s C

Blimey, Paul warne looks like he's been dipped in varnish!

Hope he's popping on the factor 50. Don't need a queue outside of the George Thorne Memorial Suite with suspected malignant melanomas.....