Help Me Choose Which Retro Kit To Purchase

JakeDCFC

14 minutes ago, Gee SCREAMER !! said:

Nothing beats this away shirt from 96.  Had some brilliant players in this one

image.png.9ab0f98dd824c2bec2c2ecb8a30b5332.png

This one if your feeling exotic.  was very ltd in 92 but the replica is available

image.thumb.png.eaf4a68c446266d7f1d0d0a914a3e2c0.png

80's classic for the centenary year in 84 with a flash of the clubs original colours on the arm

image.png.1d11b4cdd3bee9dc41b9e5fb4db81735.png

Would love one of these.  Used to have one with an Archie Gemmill signature.  (A player who won two league titles with us and scored one of the world cups greatest goals, most recently seen in the movie Trainspotting).  Not seen another so if you find one tell me where. 

DAxPQoPXYAE7Hpt.jpg

Love all of them and I’ve got the centenary one. There’s not much choice in size but here’s a link to eBay for the Patrick one.  I managed to get one of there about 3 months ago.  I really wanted the white one as it was the first kit I wanted as a lad but couldn’t get one.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/usr/gogo-8787?_trksid=p2047675.m3561.l2559

10 hours ago, JakeDCFC said:

Decided that the first piece of Derby merch I wanted to buy would be a retro kit, and after looking around a bit, I have narrowed it down to these 4. (Still open for outside suggestions) since I haven't looked too hard and could be missing out on some really nice shirts. 

866-238.jpg

derby-county-1992-93-1.jpg

derby-county-away-classic-for-sale-football-shirt-1995-1996-s_11790_1-1.jpg

images.jpg

If these are the only shirts you can choose from, go with the forth one.

But if you get the chance to obtain a replica of one of these, take it.

First shirt to bare the new, now iconic badge.

image.png.9cd1e58b8408ad7ed12199e9d135d9c5.png

10 hours ago, The Last Post said:

This one hands down...for us older DCFC fans...great memories 👍

image.thumb.png.7932e7f9cfffef7d8de26c6fd6076271.png

The more I look at this kit the more I really like it, for whatever reason I am a huge fan of center badges and the sleeve design is really nice

9 hours ago, Ilkestonian said:

I think you have to have a home shirt and my favourite is the bottom one - of the away shirts, I loved that blue one and in case you haven't seen it I also liked our yellow red and blue third kit from the auto windscreens days.

Yeah the more I look around that one is starting to become my favorite. I have seen the yellow one, I think replicas of it exist for a pretty good price too so it's a solid option for sure

6 hours ago, NottsRam said:

I sadly lost an old friend a week or so ago, big Forest fan.  Now the funeral details have been sorted they have requested red and white or Forest shirts for the attire.  I own nothing red and white, this would be perfect and he would find it hilarious bless him.

I am very sorry for your loss, my condolences to you.

5 hours ago, bimmerman said:

I own 2 copies of the last 2 from when I was a kid and re bought as an adult. And the claret kit as well

The away blue top is the one. Beautiful shirt

It's very nice that Derby have had so many beautiful shirts in their history so I have many options to choose from haha

2 hours ago, Gee SCREAMER !! said:

Nothing beats this away shirt from 96.  Had some brilliant players in this one

image.png.9ab0f98dd824c2bec2c2ecb8a30b5332.png

This one if your feeling exotic.  was very ltd in 92 but the replica is available

80's classic for the centenary year in 84 with a flash of the clubs original colours on the arm

image.png.1d11b4cdd3bee9dc41b9e5fb4db81735.png

Would love one of these.  Used to have one with an Archie Gemmill signature.  (A player who won two league titles with us and scored one of the world cups greatest goals, most recently seen in the movie Trainspotting).  Not seen another so if you find one tell me where. 

DAxPQoPXYAE7Hpt.jpg

That away shirt from 96 is a beauty. Sadly I haven't been able to find it many places and when I have it has been so expensive.

2 hours ago, FlyBritishMidland said:

Number 3 or 4 out of those but I’m bound to say this beauty.  They did produce a retro version a few years ago but I’m not sure they do it any more.  The club website and places like 3retro have selection of shirts at reasonable prices.

BCD68321-5774-4134-BAF9-3A2E42B38770.jpeg

The blue trim is so nice on this one, will have to keep an eye out for it

1 hour ago, 1of4 said:

If these are the only shirts you can choose from, go with the forth one.

But if you get the chance to obtain a replica of one of these, take it.

First shirt to bare the new, now iconic badge.

image.png.9cd1e58b8408ad7ed12199e9d135d9c5.png

From what year is it?

1 hour ago, JakeDCFC said:

That away shirt from 96 is a beauty. Sadly I haven't been able to find it many places and when I have it has been so expensive.

Used to have one but it ended up being pinned up behind a bar in Ibiza when I spent some time working there many moons ago.  They are the connoisseurs choice and expensive.  Think it's a reminder of a great decade on and off the pitch as well as being a great shirt that makes it collectable.

5 minutes ago, Gee SCREAMER !! said:

Used to have one but it ended up being pinned up behind a bar in Ibiza when I spent some time working there many moons ago.  They are the connoisseurs choice and expensive.  Think it's a reminder of a great decade on and off the pitch as well as being a great shirt that makes it collectable.

That definitely makes sense, not only a beautiful shirt but having some real quality footballers who have worn it will definitely raise the value haha

11 hours ago, Gee SCREAMER !! said:

I could never get over the fact that Etwall Rangers of the Burton & District Sunday Football League had this kit first.

Damn their pitch on the side of a hill!

9 hours ago, JakeDCFC said:

The blue trim is so nice on this one, will have to keep an eye out for it

There are a couple of shirt collection threads on here that are worth a look.  @loweman2 might be able to point you in the direction of a book on the subject 😉.  When I was growing up we wore white shirts and blue shorts and changed back to black shorts in the late 80’s.  A few of us on here live in hope of blue shorts when the new kit is released.

Edited by FlyBritishMidland

44 minutes ago, FlyBritishMidland said:

There are a couple of shirt collection threads on here that are worth a look.  @loweman2 might be able to point you in the direction of a book on the subject 😉.  When I was growing up we wore white shirts and blue shorts and changed back to black shorts in the late 80’s.  A few of us on here live in hope of blue shorts when the new kit is released.

By any chance could u link me to some of them? If not I can search myself, but figure I might as well ask if you have them on hand haha. Blue shorts would be interesting though with how accustomed we have gotten to black ones, but I am not opposed at all.

6 minutes ago, TomTom92 said:

Option 4, but they’re all nice. Can’t see many of our last 10 seasons being retro replicas in years to come.

I feel the same. Only ones I can maybe see would be the 2018-19 home and 2019-20 home but even then I feel it's unlikely.