Help Me Choose Which Retro Kit To Purchase

JakeDCFC

3 hours ago, maydrakin said:

I could never get over the fact that Etwall Rangers of the Burton & District Sunday Football League had this kit first.

Damn their pitch on the side of a hill!

Never new that.  Learn somethin new every day.  Must have been a good side to pull of that one.  Makes red boots look tame.

17 hours ago, FlyBritishMidland said:

There are a couple of shirt collection threads on here that are worth a look.  @loweman2 might be able to point you in the direction of a book on the subject 😉.  When I was growing up we wore white shirts and blue shorts and changed back to black shorts in the late 80’s.  A few of us on here live in hope of blue shorts when the new kit is released.

For some reason the book is on special offer in the US on Amazon $5 @JakeDCFC
https://www.amazon.com/Colours-Rams-colours-County-Football/dp/1727616618/ref=sr_1_1?crid=2DM28SMS0ZE3B&keywords=Colours+of+the+rams&qid=1686957414&sprefix=colours+of+the+rams%2Caps%2C178&sr=8-1

2 minutes ago, loweman2 said:

Can't beat that price, just purchased it, says it'll be here by monday!

52 minutes ago, BobdeBilder said:

Always loved the early 70's shirts, particularly the Charity Shield version. No sponsor and just the blue collar and ram with the date and Charity Shield around it. Less is more.

It really can be, if a shirt is going to be busy or stray from the norm it has to be really well done for it to be a hit imo. A lot easier to go with a simpler cleaner look for good results.

On 15/06/2023 at 19:23, FlyBritishMidland said:

Number 3 or 4 out of those but I’m bound to say this beauty.  They did produce a retro version a few years ago but I’m not sure they do it any more.  The club website and places like 3retro have selection of shirts at reasonable prices.

BCD68321-5774-4134-BAF9-3A2E42B38770.jpeg

That was going to be my suggestion - it was my first replica kit as a kid and I got the reissue when it came out...