Mendez-Laing Guatemala Call Up???

7 minutes ago, MadAmster said:

He's not going to get picked for England. If Guatemala ask the question, I'm positive he'll play for them. A player isn't going to turn down his last chance of becoming an international footballer. 

Buena suerte NML

Alternatively, 16 hours travel time one way (having travelled to Heathrow for the pleasure), probably not direct, to play a qualifier against Belize or some such. Sod that.

2 hours ago, AndyinLiverpool said:

Alternatively, 16 hours travel time one way (having travelled to Heathrow for the pleasure), probably not direct, to play a qualifier against Belize or some such. Sod that.

You're obviously not a player at the end of his career being offered the chance of international football. Their next 4 games are against Mexico, Trinidad & Tobago, Cuba and Canada. The 5th will be against the winner of a qualifying match... Who'd turn down Mexico as your debut international game at the end of a career (except for your good self...)?

2 minutes ago, MadAmster said:

You're obviously not a player at the end of his career being offered the chance of international football. Their next 4 games are against Mexico, Trinidad & Tobago, Cuba and Canada. The 5th will be against the winner of a qualifying match... Who'd turn down Mexico as your debut international game at the end of a career (except for your good self...)?

You're right, I definitely would turn it down. But then I have no connection with Guatemala. Which is only slightly less connection than Mendez-Laing.😀

20 minutes ago, AndyinLiverpool said:

You're right, I definitely would turn it down. But then I have no connection with Guatemala. Which is only slightly less connection than Mendez-Laing.😀

And slightly more connection than Vinnie Jones had with Wales.😂

On 14/05/2023 at 23:29, Tyler Durden said:

Can see him rushing to play home games there:-

Guatemala has one of the highest violent crime rates in Latin America. Although the majority of serious crime involves local gangs, incidents are usually indiscriminate and can occur in tourist areas. Despite the high levels of crime, most visits to Guatemala are trouble-free.

Car-jacking and armed hold-ups are common on the main road ‘Carretera Salvador’ leading from Guatemala City to the border with El Salvador. The crossroads at Fraijanes, San Jose Pinula and Las Luces are also focal points for express kidnappings.

Such attacks, including sexual assault, can take place anywhere and at any time of the day. Attacks usually involve firearms and motorcycle riders. There is a low arrest and conviction rate. Victims have been killed and injured resisting attack.

You spelled Bristol wrong

18 hours ago, AndyinLiverpool said:

Belize. Lovely place

On 01/06/2023 at 21:29, Carnero said:

24th June to 16th July... sounds like a good way to skip pre-season 😬

Happy for the lad, but it's a shame at the same time. He would've benefitted from a pre-season massively as he can barely handle 60 minutes a game.

Edited by Dimmu

On 02/06/2023 at 14:05, AndyinLiverpool said:

Like all the English born players whose great grandad once drank Guinness so they qualify for Ireland...

On 14/05/2023 at 22:29, Tyler Durden said:

Can see him rushing to play home games there:-

Guatemala has one of the highest violent crime rates in Latin America. Although the majority of serious crime involves local gangs, incidents are usually indiscriminate and can occur in tourist areas. Despite the high levels of crime, most visits to Guatemala are trouble-free.

Car-jacking and armed hold-ups are common on the main road ‘Carretera Salvador’ leading from Guatemala City to the border with El Salvador. The crossroads at Fraijanes, San Jose Pinula and Las Luces are also focal points for express kidnappings.

Such attacks, including sexual assault, can take place anywhere and at any time of the day. Attacks usually involve firearms and motorcycle riders. There is a low arrest and conviction rate. Victims have been killed and injured resisting attack.

On the plus side, a tropical climate 😎

I think I'm right in saying that if he switches to Guatemala that would retroactively make him Guatemala's first ever player to play in the Premier League (discounting the one game that Dwight Pezzarossi spent on the bench for Bolton).

59 minutes ago, JfR said:

I think I'm right in saying that if he switches to Guatemala that would retroactively make him Guatemala's first ever player to play in the Premier League (discounting the one game that Dwight Pezzarossi spent on the bench for Bolton).

Yeah….but, the shirt!!