Summer Rumour Mill

sage

Well the last few weeks ages were a trip. Someone saying signing someone from Lichtenstein for a laugh and everyone genuinely researching it. I get it’s the rumour thread but come on… it wasn’t even a rumour. 

28 minutes ago, DavesaRam said:

Better at what? Not scoring the majority of  one-on-ones? Not scoring many at all, regardless of chances he has? Getting ridiculously unnecessary red cards?

He'll be signing a 1 year deal tonight , as Warne alluded to in his interview yesterday .... 

The only question buzzing in my head is : " is he better than no one ?"

54 minutes ago, DavesaRam said:

Better at what? Not scoring the majority of  one-on-ones? Not scoring many at all, regardless of chances he has? Getting ridiculously unnecessary red cards?

Generalisations or what?

Waggy still scores goals - and he creates. Scored the goals that kept Derby up, remember. That penalty took real nerve.

Name a player - available to us - that can perform better.

27 minutes ago, bucktwo said:

He'll be signing a 1 year deal tonight , as Warne alluded to in his interview yesterday .... 

The only question buzzing in my head is : " is he better than no one ?"

Sorry, I don’t as a rule listen to the interviews. What did he say that gave you the impression that Waghorn might be on his way back, on a one year deal?

Edited by i-Ram
Question open to anyone to answer, thanks

1 minute ago, IslandExile said:

Generalisations or what?

Waggy still scores goals - and he creates. Scored the goals that kept Derby up, remember. That penalty took real nerve.

Also missed countless, basic chances which would’ve meant he wouldn’t have needed to score them goals on the final day. 

Guy is useless. 

2 minutes ago, i-Ram said:

Sorry, I don’t as a rule listen to the interviews. What did he say that gave you the impression that Waghorn might be on his way back, on a one year deal?

He joked that if anyone played amazingly then he would have them in his office with a contract to sign. It was a joke, it wasn’t at all an impression he would be signing. 

1 minute ago, IslandExile said:

Generalisations or what?

Waghorn strikes me as a good guy to have in the changing room, and in League One Is still plenty good enough to offer a similar contribution to Collins and Washington. He shins his fair share, he misses a number of one on ones, and probably that is why PSG, Man City and Coventry think they can do better. Not too sure we can unless there is some premier league young prodigy that Warne has lined up on Loan (e.g. Doak at Liverpool).

9 minutes ago, i-Ram said:

Waghorn strikes me as a good guy to have in the changing room, and in League One Is still plenty good enough to offer a similar contribution to Collins and Washington. He shins his fair share, he misses a number of one on ones, and probably that is why PSG, Man City and Coventry think they can do better. Not too sure we can unless there is some premier league young prodigy that Warne has lined up on Loan (e.g. Doak at Liverpool).

I would take him back.

52 minutes ago, Jimbo Ram said:

I would take him back.

I'd take him back. He plays with passion and puts himself about (even if he isn't blessed with much pace) and can play across the frontline. If he had managed to find the back of the next for season on season in the championship he could still do a job in League One.

1 hour ago, Srg said:

He joked that if anyone played amazingly then he would have them in his office with a contract to sign. It was a joke, it wasn’t at all an impression he would be signing. 

But what has that to do with Waggers, was his name mentioned 🤔

1 minute ago, Jimbo Ram said:

He was talking about all of those players who are coming in to play today especially. Bryson, Waghorn etc

5 minutes ago, Ram1988 said:

I'd take him back. He plays with passion and puts himself about (even if he isn't blessed with much pace) and can play across the frontline. If he had managed to find the back of the next for season on season in the championship he could still do a job in League One.

We've already got one of those. Plus he had a few injuries last season didn't he? We need better, he's scored 3 in two seasons.

Edited by RoyMac5

5 minutes ago, Jimbo Ram said:

Well there is only 4 of em .

Johnson (already re-signed ) 

Nugent (too old and retired) 

Bryson (injuries and retired ) 

Waghorn (free agent, looking to play on) 

Surely there's nothing in it 😳 is there ? 

Edited by bucktwo