THIS!

SK47

THIS is what we need everytime we play.

I was fuming when we we conceded late against Bristol Rovers, because of the manner in which we did. We lacked fight, We lacked motivation for 2nd balls (more notably second half) and we deserved to concede.

Today we were everything I want to see from us until the end of the season. How Warne has got NML playing off Mcgoldrick has given us a completely different dynamic. Every time we attack, we have more than 1 option. Soon as defenders see NML going behind, it makes them drop deeper which allows our ball players to do damage Closer to the opposition goal.

But taking tactics out of the equation, its the busting a gut for each other, the going into tackles to win them not just flinging a leg out, it's the bravery and commitment to creating small triangles everywhere on the pitch, it was everything. 

Yeah we could of and should of scored a lot more, but we played well both halves and that's all I ask, consistency, commitment and fight.

Play like this for the rest of the season, build more confidence and I really think we can make a claim for play offs.

Thank you Derby. I love you (sometimes)

🐏❤️🙌

5 minutes ago, SK47 said:

THIS is what we need everytime we play.

I was fuming when we we conceded late against Bristol Rovers, because of the manner in which we did. We lacked fight, We lacked motivation for 2nd balls (more notably second half) and we deserved to concede.

Today we were everything I want to see from us until the end of the season. How Warne has got NML playing off Mcgoldrick has given us a completely different dynamic. Every time we attack, we have more than 1 option. Soon as defenders see NML going behind, it makes them drop deeper which allows our ball players to do damage Closer to the opposition goal.

But taking tactics out of the equation, its the busting a gut for each other, the going into tackles to win them not just flinging a leg out, it's the bravery and commitment to creating small triangles everywhere on the pitch, it was everything. 

Yeah we could of and should of scored a lot more, but we played well both halves and that's all I ask, consistency, commitment and fight.

Play like this for the rest of the season, build more confidence and I really think we can make a claim for play offs.

Thank you Derby. I love you (sometimes)

🐏❤️🙌

In fairness, even when we weren’t winning, the performances were hardly terrible. Like Warne said, sometimes you just need a bit of luck to go your way and that seems to have happened last two 

Just now, Jram said:

In fairness, even when we weren’t winning, the performances were hardly terrible. Like Warne said, sometimes you just need a bit of luck to go your way and that seems to have happened last two 

We were very 1 dimensional too often, especially with Collins in the team. And we rarely played well both halves after our unbeaten run, but today it was consistent. I watch every game we play and today was honestly 1 of the most complete performances of the season with scoring a hat full against a team that are on a decent run of form. 

More than happy 🙌

Our season today was the Derby before Burton hit the post and after. Before that we were second to every loose ball, not dominating the spaces - that was the Derby against Fleetwood, Exeter (h) and Posh (a). After that we found our man, played with options and knew where everyone else was - that was the Derby against Morecambe (h), Barnsley (h) and FGR (h). That was a very good performance today.

Questionable we played a very poor burton team only winning 1-0 which came from a peno! lacking creativity but looked more solid at the back feel like it was better the past weeks yet still only a 6/10 performance still expect better! Overall better so its something to build off ( i mean clear cut chances) 

Edited by Dcfcsr92
The ()

53 minutes ago, Dcfcsr92 said:

Questionable we played a very poor burton team only winning 1-0 which came from a peno! lacking creativity but looked more solid at the back feel like it was better the past weeks yet still only a 6/10 performance still expect better! Overall better so its something to build off ( i mean clear cut chances) 

Do you do the stats for Sky, by any chance?

1 hour ago, Dcfcsr92 said:

I really can’t work out how there have been a few posters saying there was no creativity or “clear cut chances” yesterday.
I only saw the second half and there were plenty of chances, the match highlights show we had some in the first half too. 
23 shots, 10 on target, 63% possession, 465 passes with 72% accuracy (compared to their 283 passes with 56% accuracy)…. Their keeper made some good saves, it was only his performance and our lack of ruthlessness that prevented a more convincing score line. 
Our form since January was poor with inconsistent performances, these last few games have shown signs of that improving. Other people can see that right? Please tell me it’s not just my blind optimism tricking my eyes. 

8 minutes ago, Caerphilly Ram said:

I really can’t work out how there have been a few posters saying there was no creativity or “clear cut chances” yesterday.
I only saw the second half and there were plenty of chances, the match highlights show we had some in the first half too. 
23 shots, 10 on target, 63% possession, 465 passes with 72% accuracy (compared to their 283 passes with 56% accuracy)…. Their keeper made some good saves, it was only his performance and our lack of ruthlessness that prevented a more convincing score line. 
Our form since January was poor with inconsistent performances, these last few games have shown signs of that improving. Other people can see that right? Please tell me it’s not just my blind optimism tricking my eyes. 

Is it perfect? No. Is it form to win the playoffs? No. Is it a damn sight better than some of the dross we've been sitting through, with signs that it is beginning to click? Hell yeah.

2 minutes ago, NorwichExile said:

Is it perfect? No. Is it form to win the playoffs? No. Is it a damn sight better than some of the dross we've been sitting through, with signs that it is beginning to click? Hell yeah.

Exactly. Not perfect by a long shot, but there does now appear to be more of a plan. A bit more control in midfield and at the back. NML and Sibley as the 2 10s are showing promise of a partnership clicking with McGoldrick. And there’s a few more attempts at passing it on the deck with purpose rather than aimlessly lumping it. 

3 minutes ago, Caerphilly Ram said:

Exactly. Not perfect by a long shot, but there does now appear to be more of a plan. A bit more control in midfield and at the back. NML and Sibley as the 2 10s are showing promise of a partnership clicking with McGoldrick. And there’s a few more attempts at passing it on the deck with purpose rather than aimlessly lumping it. 

Which all leads to us being better able to manage our energy levels rather them leaving us running on fumes every 2nd half.

Just wish all this had happened about 10 games sooner!