East Stand

OoooMarkWright

1 minute ago, alram said:

i have tried to drag my grandson along for years now but all his mates support prem clubs & it's all he watches football wise. he's still a derby fan but I am fighting a losing battle at the minute! We need some good times to keep the younger generation interested.

The good times are close again I can just taste it.

36 minutes ago, Leeds Ram said:

Those two blocks of the East Stand I believe started standing at some point last season and have just never sat back down. Given the popularity of the South Stand, I would be tempted to allow those two blocks right next to the away fans to stand just like the south stand. I know it's not technically 'allowed' but conventionally it is accepted those fans will stand. I'd extend it to those 2 blocks and then put the hammer down on anyone apart from the back rows who are standing anywhere else in the ground. 

I sit/stand in this block, been in there for about 14 years. The age dynamic of the block has changed in the last 18 months, some regulars dropped out post Covid and it’s been replaced with younger lads. You’re right, the standing just happened at some point last season, personally I prefer to stand. Atmosphere has been largely improved in that area in the last 18 months as well, really hope the club doesn’t spoil it by trying to clamp down on standing. 

3 minutes ago, QuitYourJibbaJivin said:

I sit/stand in this block, been in there for about 14 years. The age dynamic of the block has changed in the last 18 months, some regulars dropped out post Covid and it’s been replaced with younger lads. You’re right, the standing just happened at some point last season, personally I prefer to stand. Atmosphere has been largely improved in that area in the last 18 months as well, really hope the club doesn’t spoil it by trying to clamp down on standing. 

Sadly people are complaining that's what going to spoil for others only solution to have safe standing mate.

7 minutes ago, B4ev6is said:

You never know now he is older he might fall back in love with derby county I wish my grandad was still alive so he could go again sigh maked me feel sad now sigh.

That's the problem... he has never been in love with either Derby County or football as a whole.  

The whole reason he ever attended in the first place was all down to me, and my own hopes and aspirations.  

2 minutes ago, Mucker1884 said:

That's the problem... he has never been in love with either Derby County or football as a whole.  

The whole reason he ever attended in the first place was all down to me, and my own hopes and aspirations.  

Perhaps show some old games from bbg to now under old jim smith remind him how good it feels to part of footballing family.

9 minutes ago, QuitYourJibbaJivin said:

They'll need to clamp down at some stage.  If it escalates as much in the next 18 months as it has over the past 18months, there's a very real potential for the club to be punished, be that stand/ground closures/reduced capacity/fines or whatever. 

13 minutes ago, alram said:

i have tried to drag my grandson along for years now but all his mates support prem clubs & it's all he watches football wise. he's still a derby fan but I am fighting a losing battle at the minute! We need some good times to keep the younger generation interested.

My grandson knows all the top players in the Premier league and Europe and all their stats, when we went to Anfield he knew far more about their players than I do, walking out of the ground on Saturday he declared “ league one is much better than the premier League “?

1 minute ago, B4ev6is said:

Perhaps show some old games from bbg to now under old jim smith remind him how good it feels to part of footballing family.

You don't think I've been trying to convert him for the past 17 years?  Do you not realise how much it pains me that my sole grandson is just not interested in Derby County?

Trust me mate, I've done my best... and failed!  I know when to give up, which was just before it comes to out and out bullying and child abuse!

Not everybody loves football.  And not everybody loves derby County!  

1 minute ago, Mucker1884 said:

You don't think I've been trying to convert him for the past 17 years?  Do you not realise how much it pains me that my sole grandson is just not interested in Derby County?

Trust me mate, I've done my best... and failed!  I know when to give up, which was just before it comes to out and out bullying and child abuse!

Not everybody loves football.  And not everybody loves derby County!  

The love is there mate just to be reminded of it.

Dont give up on it.

Thing is if they clamp down on it now all what going to happen is make people go away. I saw games yesterday when away areas else were people standing up not just us is it.

Standing been around for years and years now.

And people have been sitting in seats for years and years too.
Look at cinemas, as an example.  

1 hour ago, Leeds Ram said:

Those two blocks of the East Stand I believe started standing at some point last season and have just never sat back down. Given the popularity of the South Stand, I would be tempted to allow those two blocks right next to the away fans to stand just like the south stand. I know it's not technically 'allowed' but conventionally it is accepted those fans will stand. I'd extend it to those 2 blocks and then put the hammer down on anyone apart from the back rows who are standing anywhere else in the ground. 

I'm afraid that wouldn't work as the nearest people in the next block wouldn't be able to see past the standers 

I appreciate you see probably yourself as the fan's mascot but not everyone wants to go to every game, or in fact any game at all. Similarly to others, my son has had a free season ticket for a number of years but has only been a handful of times. He prefers to go to his gymnastics club instead. 

9 minutes ago, B4ev6is said:

Sadly people are complaining that's what going to spoil for others only solution to have safe standing mate.

How can the solution to the seated vs standing debate be to force standing onto those that prefer to seat? "Dear supporter, thank you for your complaint regarding persistent standing in an all seater stadium. Our solution is to enforce standing for everyone. Kind regards, Stadium manager."

7 minutes ago, Ram@Lincoln said:

I appreciate you see probably yourself as the fan's mascot but not everyone wants to go to every game, or in fact any game at all. Similarly to others, my son has had a free season ticket for a number of years but has only been a handful of times. He prefers to go to his gymnastics club instead. 

How can the solution to the seated vs standing debate be to force standing onto those that prefer to seat? "Dear supporter, thank you for your complaint regarding persistent standing in an all seater stadium. Our solution is to enforce standing for everyone. Kind regards, Stadium manager."

Eathier way going force people away.

Only thing you can try different area of east stand further go up more sitters there are like I stand away from home as I sit at home.