Derby County V Morecambe Player Ratings

Ellafella

1Wildsmith 5.5 Could’ve had a traffic cone in goal; did drop a routine catch 1st half which was cleared away. 

12Smith 7 Solid defensively and accurate & careful passing. Inadvertently cleared a goal-bound White shot late on. 

3Forsyth 8 Another masterful shift. Some lovely forays into oppo territory and an intricate pass to unlock their defence and provide Knight’s Irish jig of a goal. 

6Cashin 8 Heads, blocks and 45 yard tracer passes all afternoon. 

15Roberts 8 Played with a great intensity and increased offensively as the game wore on.

19 Sibley 7 Came on and slotted straight back in. Drove his way through 3 Morecambe players who could only halt him by foul means.

38Knight 8.5 Perpetual high energy constantly harassing and haranguing and still at high intensity when all others have flat-lined. Oh so fast feet to tuck away past a stranded keeper for goal #5. 

22 Springett 6 Came on with the rest of the boy band to play us out in style. 

4Hourihane 7.5 Directed the traffic with neat & angled passes and arced crosses into the mixing zone. 

16Thompson 6 Part of the Fab 3 late show with energetic ball possession. 

11Mendez-Laing 7.5 Relatively average by his own high standards but still an assist and a constant menace to Morecambe.

7Barkhuizen 6 Part of the late show and on when the game was already buried.

10McGoldrick 9.5 MotM A dispatched free-kick, a routine finish and a penalty all finished with gusto & aplomb. McG is like that Classic Merc that is advanced in years but still drives sweetly with a low hum.

23 White 7.5 Very impressive debut from the bench and quickly established himself as lead singer of the boy-band trio by demanding the ball and spraying direct & fizzing passes to all corners of PP to a man. Would’ve scored with a 20 yard piler but for Smith’s inadvertent intervention. Stylish, quick and cut through Morecambe’s depleted ranks with a razor-sharp edge. I’m excited to see this chap again - Will Hughesque. 

18Dobbin 9 Unplayable. 2nd half at full tilt powering through Morecambe at will at break-neck speed. Denied a goal by a vg save from their keeper. Best game in a Ram’s shirt.

9Collins 7. Carried the hod reliably. Superb save from their GK to deny his 2nd goal having rifled home from the spot earlier. 

Superb 2nd half show after a proficient first half. Warne-ball now firmly encoded into the Team’s DNA and don’t expect us to fear anybody from this point on. Was worried pre-match that Bird’s absence would tell but White looks like a young diamond. I am just so enjoying this evolution and growth of the Team. Watch out League 1. 

1Wildsmith. 6.5  Quiet game but reminded us he was human when he dropped a cross. 

12Smith.  7.  Mr Reliable. 

3Forsyth.  7.5 Standard. Great assist for Knight. 

6Cashin.  7.5. Unbeatable. 

15 Roberts. 7.5.  Really challenging Sibbo for that LB spot now. 

19 Sibley.  7.  Slotted back in seamlessly, hacked down on a great run at the end. 

38Knight. 8.  Everywhere. Liked the Ali Shuffle for his goal. 

22 Springett. 6. Fits in well. More to come. 

4Hourihane. 8.  Seemed to benefit from Max's absence, as happens vice-versa. Corners much improved. 

16Thompson. 6. Reliable energetic sub. 

11Mendez-Laing. 7.5. Assist for Didzy's 2nd. Good all round display. 

7Barkhuizen. 6   Not heavily involved. 

10McGoldrick. Oh, go on then.... TEN! 

23 White. 7.5.  Great cameo. Unlucky not to score. Looks classy. 

18 Dobbin. 8.5. Another scintillating performance. So unlucky not to score. Crowd really warming to him. 

9Collins.  7.  Good shift. Great penalty will hopefully see his confidence boosted. 

19 hours ago, Ellafella said:

Half-marks allowed; please rate all subs. Closes Thursday @ 18:00. Results by Thursday 22:00. Average is 6.00. Therefore, when a sub steps on the pitch he is on 6 - that's the baseline.

1Wildsmith.       6

12Smith.         7

3Forsyth.         7.5

6Cashin.           7

15Roberts.      8

19 Sibley.       7

38Knight.       8

22 Springett.   6.5

4Hourihane.     6.5

16Thompson.    6..5

11Mendez-Laing.   7.5

7Barkhuizen.      6.5

10McGoldrick.    9

23 White.          7.5

18Dobbin.       8.5

9Collins.        7.5

20 hours ago, Ellafella said:

Half-marks allowed; please rate all subs. Closes Thursday @ 18:00. Results by Thursday 22:00. Average is 6.00. Therefore, when a sub steps on the pitch he is on 6 - that's the baseline.

1Wildsmith-6

12Smith-6.5

3Forsyth-7

6Cashin-7

15Roberts-7

19 Sibley-7

38Knight-9

22 Springett-6

4Hourihane-7

16Thompson-6

11Mendez-Laing-7

7Barkhuizen-6

10McGoldrick-9

23 White-7

18Dobbin-7.5

9Collins-7

8 hours ago, sage said:

Cheers

Tried to send you a direct message but apparently you can’t receive messages {are you in @David’s black book for something? ?}
So, Sage, thanks for the gentle nudges on the ratings updates. I will get something out soon but at present my 84 year old dad is in & out of hospital so spending quite a bit of time too-ing and fro-ing to the hospital of an evening. So please bear with.

I can tell you that McG leads the average ratings though closely followed by Cashin, NML, & Forsyth. Looking at the trends, I strongly suspect Didzy will run out clear statistical winner, with Cashin as Young POTY. Still plenty of games left but unless McG gets radically injured, he’ll top the ratings will be my bet.
I’ll get something out this week or next.

Cheers. 

50 minutes ago, Ellafella said:

Tried to send you a direct message but apparently you can’t receive messages {are you in @David’s black book for something? ?}
So, Sage, thanks for the gentle nudges on the ratings updates. I will get something out soon but at present my 84 year old dad is in & out of hospital so spending quite a bit of time too-ing and fro-ing to the hospital of an evening. So please bear with.

I can tell you that McG leads the average ratings though closely followed by Cashin, NML, & Forsyth. Looking at the trends, I strongly suspect Didzy will run out clear statistical winner, with Cashin as Young POTY. Still plenty of games left but unless McG gets radically injured, he’ll top the ratings will be my bet.
I’ll get something out this week or next.

Cheers. 

Just deleted some messages. Try again chap

Arguably a point less than these scores for the first half and a point more for the second half, so here's the middle ground...

1Wildsmith 7

12Smith 7

3Forsyth 7

6Cashin 7

15Roberts 7

19 Sibley 6.5

38Knight 8.5

22 Springett 6.5

4Hourihane 7

16Thompson 6.5

11Mendez-Laing 7

7Barkhuizen 6.5