Newport v Derby (away fan information)

lukerobins

Hi all,

Newport County fan in peace. Just wanted to pop on your forum and let you know for those who are travelling down, that there is a pub called "The Excelsior Club" It's literally a 5-minute walk to the away terrace along Corporation Road. It has the normal range of beer, cider and lager on draught at competitive prices, in addition, it has a good range of bottled ales and ciders. We welcome away fans and its free entry. We do not serve food, however there are many food outlets within range of the club and we are more than happy to allow you to bring food onto the premises. I'll stick around the forum all week to engage with other fans. 
Any questions regarding parking etc fire away and i’ll do my best to answer. 

Regards

Edited by Boycie

Where

1 hour ago, lukerobins said:

Hi all,

Newport County fan in peace. Just wanted to pop on your forum and let you know for those who are travelling down, that there is a pub called "The Excelsior Club" It's literally a 5-minute walk to the away terrace along Corporation Road. It has the normal range of beer, cider and lager on draught at competitive prices, in addition, it has a good range of bottled ales and ciders. We welcome away fans and its free entry. We do not serve food, however there are many food outlets within range of the club and we are more than happy to allow you to bring food onto the premises. I'll stick around the forum all week to engage with other fans. 

Regards

Where is good to park? Football Grounds guide don't give many clues! 

11 minutes ago, angieram said:

Where

Where is good to park? Football Grounds guide don't give many clues! 

Hi, 

Generally there is a lot of street parking around Rodney Parade, alternatively there are 2 multi storey car parks across the river (approx 0.7/0.8km) away from the ground. 
Friars Walk and Kingsway Car Parks. Really cheap as well. 
If anyone is coming on the train, Rodney Parade is about 10 mins away (walking) 

1 hour ago, lukerobins said:

Hi all,

Regards

Not been to Newport for years, is TJ's still going?

On 22/11/2022 at 18:52, lukerobins said:

Hi, unfortunately not. Shut down in 2010. Building still there, plans have been put in to have a Hotel there but last i heard they still hadn’t heard back from EasyHotel.

Enjoy the game , win or lose Luke , well done for coming on here , Cymru am byth , and thanks for Dean Saunders !

Morning all, 

Not sure about you guys but i enjoyed the game yesterday. Real scrappy affair. Only thing that annoyed me was the poor attendance. I guess switching to a Sunday and being poop in the league doesn’t automatically give you a big attendance for the FA Cup anymore. 
Thank you to all those who came down to the Excelsior Club, impeccably behaved and the barstaff were complimentary about the fans who came in. 
Good luck in the next round and good luck for the rest of the season 

3 hours ago, lukerobins said:

Morning all, 

Not sure about you guys but i enjoyed the game yesterday. Real scrappy affair. Only thing that annoyed me was the poor attendance. I guess switching to a Sunday and being poop in the league doesn’t automatically give you a big attendance for the FA Cup anymore. 
Thank you to all those who came down to the Excelsior Club, impeccably behaved and the barstaff were complimentary about the fans who came in. 
Good luck in the next round and good luck for the rest of the season 

I was in there. Enjoyed it and the locals were lovely. Thanks for having us.