Robot Hoovers

Day

1 hour ago, therealhantsram said:

Heard too many horror stories of people getting up in the morning to find robo-hoover has smeared dog vomit or worse still diahorrea all over the house.

Worse still? Is there a rating scale? I really would find it hard to imagine getting up in the morning, finding a millimetre thick layer of dog vomit all over my living room walls and thinking "well, it could have been worse..."

10 hours ago, David said:

What’s people’s thoughts on those robotic hoovers, those UFO looking things that pick up your crumbs.

Gimmick for the lazy people that can’t be bothered to tidy their houses right?

I’d be tempted to get one. But I live in a 3 storey house, so I’d have to get 3. Until they can do stairs, they’re pretty much useless to me. 

a bit like my 4 smart, app connected bog brushes. They turned out to be a waste of time. 

I bought one out of curiousity and I had some Amazon vouchers burning a hole in my pocket

As my home office is in our converted cellar, it's a pain to lug the big hoover up and down the stairs. 

I can just set the robot hoover going at the end of a working day and the next morning it's all clean. It actually does a decent job (evidenced by the amount of dust in the container)

But they are a bit of a gimmick. Ideal for a single small room with no obstacles though. 

Also quite good in the bedroom as it does under the bed, wardrobe and drawers without having to pull them all out like you would with a normal hoover

A

1 hour ago, Wolfie said:

I just can't imagine they do that good a job - especially on carpet. Surely you have to hoover properly sometimes as well?

Actually Ralph, it does a good job when it goes on the rug that’s in that area.

@Davidi did take a ride on top of the hoover once, but fell off and injured myself. But don’t tell anyone as it’s embarrassing.

1 minute ago, Boycie said:

A

Actually Ralph, it does a good job when it goes on the rug that’s in that area.

@Davidi did take a ride on top of the hoover once, but fell off and injured myself. But don’t tell anyone as it’s embarrassing.

B

You should get an electric scooter instead, can’t have you walking around, too much effort

1 hour ago, Stive Pesley said:

I bought one out of curiousity and I had some Amazon vouchers burning a hole in my pocket

As my home office is in our converted cellar, it's a pain to lug the big hoover up and down the stairs. 

I can just set the robot hoover going at the end of a working day and the next morning it's all clean. It actually does a decent job (evidenced by the amount of dust in the container)

But they are a bit of a gimmick. Ideal for a single small room with no obstacles though. 

Also quite good in the bedroom as it does under the bed, wardrobe and drawers without having to pull them all out like you would with a normal hoover

Robert, as we call him, used to regularly get stuck under a low cabinet. He never returned to his docking station so we knew where to find him.  He’s a bit thick, but that makes him fit right in with me.