Crowd announcer

YouRams

24 minutes ago, YouRams said:

https://www.instagram.com/reel/CjAcZVVAzTy/?igshid=YmMyMTA2M2Y=

A lot of the big European clubs with good atmospheres have a crowd announcer.

Would it work in PP and improve our atmosphere, or would we do the usual English thing of finding it cheesy and annoying? Would anyone on here have the jewels to do it? 

B4

Nah, it's a load of authoritarian balls, favoured by the Germans and Eastern European countries because they haven't managed to work out how to produce the spontaneous singing of UK crowds without being orchestrated by a "leader" with a megaphone.

Random gobby blokes at the back of the stand giving it both barrels is far more democratic.  It's about the only thing that is in this country now to be fair.

Edited by JoetheRam

1 minute ago, jimtastic56 said:

We could really do with some better music leading up to kick off. There is so much to choose from. I like the Steve Bloomer song but all 4 sides of the ground seem to be singing out of sinc.

That's because they sing to the speakers but the sound takes a fraction of a second to travel to the ears of the people in other parts of the ground. More noticeable in bigger grounds. 

7 hours ago, YouRams said:

https://www.instagram.com/reel/CjAcZVVAzTy/?igshid=YmMyMTA2M2Y=

A lot of the big European clubs with good atmospheres have a crowd announcer.

Would it work in PP and improve our atmosphere, or would we do the usual English thing of finding it cheesy and annoying? Would anyone on here have the jewels to do it? 

I'm someone who isn't embarrassed to admit that I have literally lost count of the number of chants that I have anonymously started over past years ("Back in the day") although probably the last one was the Idiakez chant that (eventually, after almost busting a lung!) rang around the stadium as most folk swarmed onto the pitch (Not me... I stayed at my seat in the SE Corner... second row from the back... second seat from the dividing net), after he skied his Play Off Peno.

Even a clear case of teenage voice-breaking during the opening line of "Oh when the Rams..." out on the Grimsby terrace... and the pointing and laughing that rightly ensued... didn't put me off from almost making a career of it!  

I would say No, I would have neither the desire nor "jewels" to be any sort of "Official club chant starter"... with or without tannoy/megaphone/sound equipment etc! ?

And yes, if anyone was to try this at PPS, I would be embarrassed, as it is indeed cheesy, and a tad annoying.

@JoetheRam's mention of "Gobby blokes at the back" hits the nail on the head for me... and also brings back some cherished memories!  

??

Yours,
Now sat quietly in the NE Corner, minding his own business, and miming along to a few chants to keep out the cold.
Mucker.

I do think we need a change, whoever is currently "leading the line". 

We seem to have less variety of chants and less sustainability than recent seasons. 

At home, I think we need a second drummer, away, someone who can keep the chants going after the first fifteen minutes.