Graham Potter

Geriatram

It's a shame he's gone to Chelsea as they'll axe him after 2 years or so I would imagine. He's done fantastic at Osterlunds and Brighton (didn't do a bad job with swansea either) and he'd be a great fit at somewhere like Man City once Pep gets bored or Liverpool as Klopp's mojo seems to be on the wane. Or he could have stayed at Brighton... it's a club that has no real history of success and he could have ended up an absolute legend over there if he'd guided them into Europe and really challenged for a domestic cup. At Chelsea he'll be a footnote and out the door soon enough, just look at the way they've handled Tuchel... It's a club with all the class of a $5 lady of the night tbh. 

Edited by Leeds Ram

8 hours ago, Srg said:

Sure you know this, but his first managerial job was abroad and he's managed abroad far longer than he has over here. So, if anyone might be able to buck that trend, it could be him.

Similar pedigree in club football to Roy Hodgson I'd say. 

The trouble with the so called "big clubs" is that they're more and more running like major plcs. 

So there will be threats from all sides and people out to cement their positions against the new boy. 

I'm sure he's a lovely chap, but I suspect that his unfamiliarity with that environment will mean things unravel very quickly at the slightest hint of adversity.  He doesn't have a strong enough back catalogue to buy him much time. 

Will he be able to handle big egos? Unproven. 

52 minutes ago, JuanFloEvraTheCocu'sNesta said:

Well worth it for the monster payout. Sacked Chelsea managers don't know how good they've got it. I'd love to be a sacked Chelsea manager.

It's something for us all to aspire to. I'd love to be so bad at a job that it's worth paying me millions to just not do it anymore. Unfortunately I have a job where the sack would just lead to hardship.

The being Chelsea manager part is obviously horrible,but afterwards, the accolades, the respect in the game, the mountain of payoff money.

3 hours ago, RadioactiveWaste said:

It's something for us all to aspire to. I'd love to be so bad at a job that it's worth paying me millions to just not do it anymore. Unfortunately I have a job where the sack would just lead to hardship.

The being Chelsea manager part is obviously horrible,but afterwards, the accolades, the respect in the game, the mountain of payoff money.

He can work there for 9-12 months get sacked with his 5 year pay off then take over the Rams and lead us to the Champions League ?

1 hour ago, TigerTedd said:

This isn’t even accurate is it? He does have a trophy. A league title no less. 

This is mighty Chelsea though don't forget, they hound Title winning/Champions League winning managers out of their job the next season if they have a minor blip.  Not sure wining anything in Sweden counts for anything ? 

I like Potter, I hope they give him time and he does well.  Equally, if he does struggle I hope that Chelsea stick with him for a couple of seasons and their fans get taken down a peg or two.