Any metal heads or musicians on this forum?

BatRam

17 hours ago, ColonelBlimp said:

Not a metal fan generally but some stuff I can relate to.

What I really want to know, what do people see in Def Leppard?  I'm sure they can play their instruments to a high standard but what they play is terrible, at least from when I remember when they became popular back in the day.

Never understood it, but then I never understood the appeal of Meat Loaf either.

Apologies as you may already know this but their first two albums are very different to what followed. If your dislike is based on Hysteria onwards then it is worth checking out On through the night and High and Dry.... they weren't as accomplished as musicians and the songs are much rawer but it is preferable to what they became.

Re W.A.S.P.  - whereas I absolutely loved the band in their early hard-edged "Animal - F*** like a Beast" days, a couple of weeks ago, I played "The Crimson Idol" album in the car for the first time in about 15 years. Blooming heck, what a wonderful voice Blackie Lawless has.

• 2 weeks later...
On 17/09/2022 at 20:55, Eddie said:

Re W.A.S.P.  - whereas I absolutely loved the band in their early hard-edged "Animal - F*** like a Beast" days, a couple of weeks ago, I played "The Crimson Idol" album in the car for the first time in about 15 years. Blooming heck, what a wonderful voice Blackie Lawless has.

Great band. im currently listening to a lot of sound garden at the minute. 

Superunknown has got to be one of the best rock albums 

• 3 months later...
23 hours ago, CodnorRam said:

Currently listening to a load of motorhead 

Just me, or can anyone actually hear a word he’s “singing”.

I get we all have different musical tastes, some we like, some we hate, it’s just he could literally be screaming his weekly shopping list out here and nobody would know.

1 minute ago, David said:

I get we all have different musical tastes, some we like, some we hate, it’s just he could literally be screaming his weekly shopping list out here and nobody would know.

As if he has a shopping list.

On 24/01/2023 at 21:57, bimmerman said:

Got to ask-who on earth thinks WASP, budgie, rush are metal?! 

It's got very soft rock, not metal in here. Pop on some Chelsea grin or lorna shore-that's modern metal

prob should change it to rock fans 

17 hours ago, David said:

he was in his late 60's i believe , and his shopping list was just whiskey and speed ?

Didnt Lemmy always reckon Motorhead was a punk band? Remember them in later years touring with UK Subs and the Anti-Nowhere League and I was supposed to see my favourite band the Stranglers support them in Cornwall at the Eden centre till my missus kiboshed that trip for reasons I won't go into!!

10 minutes ago, JJs dms said:

Didnt Lemmy always reckon Motorhead was a punk band? Remember them in later years touring with UK Subs and the Anti-Nowhere League and I was supposed to see my favourite band the Stranglers support them in Cornwall at the Eden centre till my missus kiboshed that trip for reasons I won't go into!!

He didn't like them being referred to as heavy metal. An often used statement before their first song was 'we are Motorhead and we play rock n roll'.

7 hours ago, Scott129 said:

My guy! I didn't think I'd ever see Chelsea Grin or Lorna Shore mentioned on here ?

Sun//eater is an absolute monster of a song. Think they're gonna do what suicide silence did for deathcore when they had mitch

Yeah.... I'm into metal.... 

10 hours ago, Reggie Greenwood said:

Budgie used to play at the Kings Hall in Derby quite regularly in the 70’s. Saw them a couple of times then 

Fantastic. I never saw them live, my first gig was Motorhead in 1984.

Got into Budgie when Tommy Vance played their Reading set on the Rock Show (1982?). Were they good live?

19 hours ago, JJs dms said:

Lemmy always said they were rock n roll and had more in common with punk bands than metal bands. But i cant stand punk ?

14 hours ago, bimmerman said:

Sun//eater is an absolute monster of a song. Think they're gonna do what suicide silence did for deathcore when they had mitch

Yeah.... I'm into metal.... 

It's a weird one because they took off thanks to all of the Youtube reaction videos to 'To The Hellfire'. But yeah, Will's going to be a superstar.

Go see them live if you get the chance. I saw them support Parkway Drive recently and they were phenomenal - I was shocked at how precise and crystal clear they sounded!