Any metal heads or musicians on this forum?

BatRam

Yep, metal fan here, you've got a good sound, a bit system of a down/QOTSA type stuff. Where abouts do you gig? I used to drum for metal band years ago (mid to late 80's) Militia from Belper, we did ok, got ourselves a full page interview, with pic,  in megametal KERRANG!! for our efforts. I'm into Slipknot, Mudvayne, Pantera type of stuff now, but listen to most heavy stuff really.

I've just read the above and it reads like an entry on a Metal dating site!?! Ah well...

Edited by nickmi16

Thanks for the comments guys, we're from Codnor/Ripley area. This band is fairly new as this was our second gig!

Gonna be recording a 10 track EP/Demo end of this year/next year.

Thank you for you kind words!

Heres my other band Shackled who you may of seen if youre local as we've been going 15 years or so!

This is us at bloodstock :

14 hours ago, TimRam said:

Metal head here. Seen a lot of the major bands AC/DC, Kiss, UFO, Whitesnake, Ozzy, Van Halen (at Donington 1984), Dio, Black Sabbath, Deep Purple, Styx, Thin Lizzy, Ian Gillan, Saxon and so many others. Lucky enough to see the 'new wave of british heavy metal' period start back in 79. 

A tad jealous ?seen saxon loads of time but unfortunatly i was born in 1993 so never seen any of these in their glory days . Only band iv got left to see is Metallica tbh

Just thinking back to the 'heavier' bands I saw at the Assembly Rooms in the early 80s:

• Iron Maiden (twice in 1980 - though didn't go to see them again after Di'Anno left)
  • Thin Lizzy (I think 3 times)
  • UFO (3 times at least) - what a great live band
  • Def Leppard (probably the worst of the lot, though they were very young at the time)
  • Magnum
  • Gillan (at least twice)
  • Saxon
  • Budgie (once at AR, once at the Rockhouse - my poor ears)
  • Hawkwind (and again at Rock City)
  • Jethro Tull (more times than I can remember and at multiple venues)

Missed out on Ozzy, Schenker (though caught them eventually at De Montfort), Motorhead (again saw then in Leicester), Priest simply because there were so many bands playing in a short space of time that I couldn't afford to go to them all.....?

Further afield I saw AC/DC (3 or 4 times), Blue Oyster Cult, Whitesnake (several times), Slade (all at Monsters of Rock in 81), Plant & Page (a couple of times); the Stones - and then loads of more 'proggy' bands mostly multiple times (inc Genesis, Yes, Rush, Marillion...)

We were so lucky to have a thriving venue in the early 80s (and a huge number of bands touring) - feel sorry for folks nowadays that they're starved of seeing bands in smaller venues and have to travel out of the city...

2 hours ago, Gaspode said:

Just thinking back to the 'heavier' bands I saw at the Assembly Rooms in the early 80s:

• Iron Maiden (twice in 1980 - though didn't go to see them again after Di'Anno left)
  • Thin Lizzy (I think 3 times)
  • UFO (3 times at least) - what a great live band
  • Def Leppard (probably the worst of the lot, though they were very young at the time)
  • Magnum
  • Gillan (at least twice)
  • Saxon
  • Budgie (once at AR, once at the Rockhouse - my poor ears)
  • Hawkwind (and again at Rock City)
  • Jethro Tull (more times than I can remember and at multiple venues)

Missed out on Ozzy, Schenker (though caught them eventually at De Montfort), Motorhead (again saw then in Leicester), Priest simply because there were so many bands playing in a short space of time that I couldn't afford to go to them all.....?

Further afield I saw AC/DC (3 or 4 times), Blue Oyster Cult, Whitesnake (several times), Slade (all at Monsters of Rock in 81), Plant & Page (a couple of times); the Stones - and then loads of more 'proggy' bands mostly multiple times (inc Genesis, Yes, Rush, Marillion...)

We were so lucky to have a thriving venue in the early 80s (and a huge number of bands touring) - feel sorry for folks nowadays that they're starved of seeing bands in smaller venues and have to travel out of the city...

Ah man that’s an incredible list of bands . You into any modern bands ? I couldn’t recommend a new welsh band called florance black enough , they’re brill 

25 minutes ago, CodnorRam said:

Ah man that’s an incredible list of bands . You into any modern bands ? I couldn’t recommend a new welsh band called florance black enough , they’re brill 

Cheers for that - I'll look them up.

I don't really follow new bands (though I am partial to Black Stone Cherry and Clutch - neither new, but still producing good new music).

It's a combination of my taste widening (to include folky stuff (love Seth Lakeman, Laura Marling & Suzanne Vega), a bit of old jazz (Miles Davis, Monk), 'new' prog (Porcupine Tree/Steven Wilson & Pineapple Thief), electronic stuff (Gary Numan has being doing some good stuff in the last few years) and also bands that I was aware of years ago but didn't really listen to as much as I do now (e.g. Pixies, Radiohead, Depeche Mode) - but I think the main issue is not really having the visibility of what's out there in the 'rock' world other than what I pick up off Planet Rock - in the late 70s/early 80s there was Sounds newspaper which highlighted the new bands to watch out for and also the Friday Rock Show on Radio 1 with Tommy Vance who was very keen to give bands a chance of airplay. Every week brought a new band to find out more about...

Nowadays there may be the same number of bands coming through, but what was generally called 'rock' has now split into a huge number of sub-genres and I just can't get into the trash/death stuff at all - I think I've mellowed...

PS forgot the Scorpions on my original list - they were great at the Assembly Rooms in 83

9 hours ago, CodnorRam said:

A tad jealous ?seen saxon loads of time but unfortunatly i was born in 1993 so never seen any of these in their glory days . Only band iv got left to see is Metallica tbh

Not seen Iron Maiden for some reason and I remember the Paul Di'Anno years.

40 minutes ago, metalsheep02 said:

Wow - great recommendation.

Theyre a great band! There cover of Budgies Breadfan is excellent. and thier originals Sun and moon and bird on a chain are fuckin incredible. 3 young welsh lads and theyre gonna be massive!

16 hours ago, Gaspode said:

Cheers for that - I'll look them up.

I don't really follow new bands (though I am partial to Black Stone Cherry and Clutch - neither new, but still producing good new music).

It's a combination of my taste widening (to include folky stuff (love Seth Lakeman, Laura Marling & Suzanne Vega), a bit of old jazz (Miles Davis, Monk), 'new' prog (Porcupine Tree/Steven Wilson & Pineapple Thief), electronic stuff (Gary Numan has being doing some good stuff in the last few years) and also bands that I was aware of years ago but didn't really listen to as much as I do now (e.g. Pixies, Radiohead, Depeche Mode) - but I think the main issue is not really having the visibility of what's out there in the 'rock' world other than what I pick up off Planet Rock - in the late 70s/early 80s there was Sounds newspaper which highlighted the new bands to watch out for and also the Friday Rock Show on Radio 1 with Tommy Vance who was very keen to give bands a chance of airplay. Every week brought a new band to find out more about...

Nowadays there may be the same number of bands coming through, but what was generally called 'rock' has now split into a huge number of sub-genres and I just can't get into the trash/death stuff at all - I think I've mellowed...

PS forgot the Scorpions on my original list - they were great at the Assembly Rooms in 83

Scorpions at rock n blues was first gig i ever went to. Michael schenker was supporting and he was horrendous. Black stone cherry are brilliant but since they did the blues and cover album theyve gone downhill abit. Clutch are an incredible band. Really weird but brill ?