Challenging for promotion in L1 or fighting relegation in Premier League?

Toadbelly

14 hours ago, Toadbelly said:

As a remote rams fan, I love the energy this season AND that we actually win games….hated our season in the premier league a decade ago….as fans attending matches….am curious which you prefer? 

Shall we try that premiership thing again first 

You make the best out of whatever situation your team is in.

Such is the way for all football fans.

I think of it a bit like being in the right gear when your driving (as in divisions are the gears, the speed is how good the team is), as long you're not horribly in the wrong gear (hitting the rev limiter in 1st or trying to drive at 25 in top) then the thing motors along just fine and you support it.

It's the reward that surviving and pushing on in the PL that entices me (probably most).

I remember a pretty bleak valentines night game away at Leicester a fairly long time ago (Stearman OG and El Hamdaoui scorers for us) where 23000 of us watched two pretty standard, average Championship clubs battle it out. To envisage both clubs' journeys over the next 16 years would be madness at the time. But that's the hope I have even in todays finance-crazy age. No reason that can't happen to us. Away trips all over the continent. League Champions. FA Cup winners. Champions League knockout games at Pride Park.... I'll have some of that please, why not. 

Caveat: I'm not expecting this any time soon! 

Tbh it all depends on the atmosphere around the club. Last year brought us all together in a way that wasn't quite anticipated. It was simultaneously both the worst and the best season I've ever experienced. I certainly had more tears in my eyes at the ground last year than any other previous years both through pride for the team and sheer concern at some of the developments that would come out before some of the games. This season has replicated that togetherness, it's not been forgotten and it feels like we've got some momentum at the right end of the table and strong support off the pitch now. So yes atm I'm loving this season and have already got tickets for 3 of the next 4 games. 

However, if we'd been sniping at each other after having a disastrous season, morale on the flaw and barely scraping 20,000 through the gates we'd probably all be feeling very differently about this experience. You never know, our gigantic fall that almost killed us may have ultimately been our salvation and re-birth. 

Edited by Leeds Ram