Can derby win papa John's throuphy and league one

B4ev6is

Well I dont see no reason why derby cant win league one and papa John's trophy this season we have very very good team and talented too. I know grimsby town but you can only beat what is front of you.

Derby wiped floor with grimsby town 3 -1 winners stunning strike from max bird and lang and selby scores again. Only negative thing I got to say silly goal we gave grimsby soft goal to give away.

Jake rooney once again nice and impressive display and Craig Forsyth too. Scot loach demand his area fairly well and this is way derby should give cup runs a go and bring money into the club.

5200 at pp tonight wont be to many games beat that to be honest so shows further we go into the competion we could get at least 15 to 18k.

We can, and we might B4. There's probably half a dozen teams who might think the same though.

These two signings that LR hopes to complete shortly could be key. If we can get another dash of quality (and maybe pace) up front and a good RB in to free Knighty up for midfield, then it's on!

9 hours ago, B4ev6is said:

Well I dont see no reason why derby cant win league one and papa John's trophy this season we have very very good team and talented too. I know grimsby town but you can only beat what is front of you.

Derby wiped floor with grimsby town 3 -1 winners stunning strike from max bird and lang and selby scores again. Only negative thing I got to say silly goal we gave grimsby soft goal to give away.

Jake rooney once again nice and impressive display and Craig Forsyth too. Scot loach demand his area fairly well and this is way derby should give cup runs a go and bring money into the club.

5200 at pp tonight wont be to many games beat that to be honest so shows further we go into the competion we could get at least 15 to 18k.

Rovrum did last year. But I don't care about Papa John. 

PJT - Yes, there's simply no reason we couldn't, not really any reason to even make it unlikely. That's not to say that we will win it, but we apply ourselves to the games in the correct manner and all the opposition we're going to face are either at our level or below it. PL U21 squads not don't count as a level above us IMO. Why not?

League - I don't think so. If this was our second season at this level and we'd have more time / opportunity to put together a title-winning squad then maybe, but other teams are ahead of us on those terms. Even if we were to be promoted this season, I highly doubt it'd be as champions.

19 minutes ago, Kokosnuss said:

PJT - Yes, there's simply no reason we couldn't, not really any reason to even make it unlikely. That's not to say that we will win it, but we apply ourselves to the games in the correct manner and all the opposition we're going to face are either at our level or below it. PL U21 squads not don't count as a level above us IMO. Why not?

League - I don't think so. If this was our second season at this level and we'd have more time / opportunity to put together a title-winning squad then maybe, but other teams are ahead of us on those terms. Even if we were to be promoted this season, I highly doubt it'd be as champions.

Yet, we're only 3 points off top spot.

1 hour ago, Ghost of Clough said:

Yet, we're only 3 points off top spot.

Of course, but it's a very long season and we're still at the stage where league position can swing wildly off the back of one or two results.

Our home form is continuing in the same vein as last season (and pointing towards further improvement) which is brilliant, but the real test will be when we play the teams chasing the top 2 / top 6 at their own grounds.

As well as we played against Charlton we still ended up with 0 points, and many would consider 2 points from 6 against Fleetwood & Shrewsbury below par.

Had the Peterborough game been away from home and we'd lost, 3 points from top spot would be 7 points from top spot.

Besides, I didn't rule anything out, I just said I don't think it will happen.

Edited by Kokosnuss