Away Tickets - 2022/23

Foreveram

On the sitting v standing debate, it should be quite easy for the club to fix.

Most games we are selling out away allocations, makes little sense to release tickets by blocks, especially when you combine it with the priority system. If you are going to reward fans loyalty, don’t stick them away in the corner of the stand for wanting to buy the ticket early.

Have 2 categories, singing blocks and family/over 50s blocks.

The family/over 50s block should be seen by fans as seated blocks and a family friendly atmosphere. There would be no restrictions preventing a 25 year old fan that would prefer to sit as well from purchasing tickets in these blocks, however if you go in there and stand then expect to be told to sit your arse down by those around you.

Singing sections, expect to stand and hear the more fruity side of the English language.

The club would have someone word it better without actually advertising any blocks as standing which goes against the ground regulations. Rotate the blocks per game so one category is not always being given the best views.

No football fan should ever feel unable to attend away games for fear of feeling unsafe and unable to see the game, right now the club are doing a terrible job at ensuring fans don’t feel this way.

So many stories on here where older fans have had verbals off younger fans either in their seat, or refusing to sit down so they can see, not right at all. It’s a complete lottery of who you will find yourself among and that one game, that one coked up 18 year old could end the away travels of another fan.

Do better Derby.

21 minutes ago, David said:

Most games we are selling out away allocations, makes little sense to release tickets by blocks, especially when you combine it with the priority system. If you are going to reward fans loyalty, don’t stick them away in the corner of the stand for wanting to buy the ticket early.

The family/over 50s block should be seen by fans as seated blocks and a family friendly atmosphere. There would be no restrictions preventing a 25 year old fan that would prefer to sit as well from purchasing tickets in these blocks, however if you go in there and stand then expect to be told to sit your arse down by those around you.

Singing sections, expect to stand and hear the more fruity side of the English language.

The club would have someone word it better without actually advertising any blocks as standing which goes against the ground regulations. Rotate the blocks per game so one category is not always being given the best views.

No football fan should ever feel unable to attend away games for fear of feeling unsafe and unable to see the game, right now the club are doing a terrible job at ensuring fans don’t feel this way.

So many stories on here where older fans have had verbals off younger fans either in their seat, or refusing to sit down so they can see, not right at all. It’s a complete lottery of who you will find yourself among and that one game, that one coked up 18 year old could end the away travels of another fan.

Do better Derby.

This is how they used to do it before tinternet if you rang the ticket office or called in in person they would ask you what section you wanted, progress eh.

I think it unfair to blame the club.  They shouldn't be expected to find a way around the problem.
They should, however, be blamed for not policing the rules.

We need a combined and deliberate effort by all clubs.
If standing areas are available, great.  Let the standers use them.

If there are only seated areas available, enforce the rules, kick out the standers!  Let's start ejecting the rule breakers!

Let the standers moan.  Let the standers be the one's to feel hard done to.  Let the standers be the ones to do something about it, and get the rules changed in their favour. 
For now, it is they that are breaking the rules, and those that wish to follow and/or abide by the rules are the ones who are suffering.
That is wrong on every level!  

Wrong.
Wrong.
Wrong.

1 hour ago, David said:

Do better Derby.

Brilliant,  David. ???

1 hour ago, Mucker1884 said:

I think it unfair to blame the club.  They shouldn't be expected to find a way around the problem.
They should, however, be blamed for not policing the rules.

We need a combined and deliberate effort by all clubs.
If standing areas are available, great.  Let the standers use them.

If there are only seated areas available, enforce the rules, kick out the standers!  Let's start ejecting the rule breakers!

Let the standers moan.  Let the standers be the one's to feel hard done to.  Let the standers be the ones to do something about it, and get the rules changed in their favour. 
For now, it is they that are breaking the rules, and those that wish to follow and/or abide by the rules are the ones who are suffering.
That is wrong on every level!  

Wrong.
Wrong.
Wrong.

I don't agree with this because the problem is here and now. It takes ages to put in real change and in the meantime those fans who want to stand and chant would be penalised. 

I think they are brilliant and I don't want to stop them any more than I want to stop people who want/need to sit.

Liverpool have rail seating at both ends of their ground but it's taking them forever to declare it as "safe standing" because they are waiting for a very slowly moving approval body. If the likes of Liverpool can't get it through, what chance do we stand? (Excuse the pun!)

We need compromise. We need it now. Yes it will be informal but the club can help with this.

2 minutes ago, B4ev6is said:

Well perhaps give ticket office email or ring them to see what is going off.

They are almost definitely caught up in the backlog from the postal strike. I'll give it a couple more days and then contact the club to see what my options are. Thanks for your help in finding a solution.?

17 minutes ago, angieram said:

I don't agree with this because the problem is here and now. It takes ages to put in real change and in the meantime those fans who want to stand and chant would be penalised. 

I think they are brilliant and I don't want to stop them any more than I want to stop people who want/need to sit.

Liverpool have rail seating at both ends of their ground but it's taking them forever to declare it as "safe standing" because they are waiting for a very slowly moving approval body. If the likes of Liverpool can't get it through, what chance do we stand? (Excuse the pun!)

We need compromise. We need it now. Yes it will be informal but the club can help with this.

I agree with what you’re saying re the long term solutions, but for the here and now, clubs can simply announce that they are clamping down, and activating the rules that are already in place. They could even offer an unofficial compromise whereas for the first game, standers are merely warned. Next game, they go out. 
yes, it will take time to come up with long term solutions, to effectively suit all… or the majority.
But at the moment, the majority are losing out, as the minority are being allowed to ignore current rules/legislation. 
I repeat, that is wrong!

23 minutes ago, Mucker1884 said:

I agree with what you’re saying re the long term solutions, but for the here and now, clubs can simply announce that they are clamping down, and activating the rules that are already in place. They could even offer an unofficial compromise whereas for the first game, standers are merely warned. Next game, they go out. 
yes, it will take time to come up with long term solutions, to effectively suit all… or the majority.
But at the moment, the majority are losing out, as the minority are being allowed to ignore current rules/legislation. 
I repeat, that is wrong!

No, the standers are definitely in the majority.

24 minutes ago, Mucker1884 said:

I repeat, that is wrong!

I like to chant and stand I think okay as long your not causing issues to anyone else even through I did not like being sat down I did it.

Same at tarquary untied but I think now trying make people to sit just dont working or throwing people out people just continue to do it.

41 minutes ago, angieram said:

No, the standers are definitely in the majority.

In my defence, I was referring to the (any) all-seater stadium, as a whole.  (Clearly we don't have 16,000+ standers in a sell out at Pride Park). 
However, ignoring that aspect, and assuming you are referring specifically to away sections, and specifically Derby away sections, can either of us claim to know how many are standing voluntarily, and how many are simply standing due to other's standing, and blocking their view should they remain seated?  I certainly can't, but that was the point I was trying... and clearly failing... to get across.

It is literally the domino effect in reverse, due to the design of the seating areas.

But I'm fully aware that, yes, the majority of our away fans currently do stand.  That wasn't my point, and I should have made that clearer.

Without further info/data/statistics (Exit Poll!), I guess we'll just have to agree to disagree.

I'm not even advocating the current rules.  My opinion on that matters not.  The rules are in place, have been in place for years, and it seems annually, clubs have become more and more lenient towards those that break these rules... and more and more posters on here are occasionally now speaking out against the standers.
So they should... in my opinion.

?

58 minutes ago, B4ev6is said:

I like to chant and stand I think okay as long your not causing issues to anyone else even through I did not like being sat down I did it.

Same at tarquary untied but I think now trying make people to sit just dont working or throwing people out people just continue to do it.

At 5am this morning, a pedestrian pressed the button on a pelican crossing, then crossed the road before the lights changed.  In fairness, I was still a few hundred yards away (approaching in my car), and he put neither himself or me in danger.
As I reached the lights, his green man lit up, my lights changed to red... but he had already crossed, and waltzed without a care in the world.
There was no other traffic in view, and no other pedestrians.

In that situation, I would very much like to be able to ignore my red light, treat the crossing like a zebra crossing, and drive on.
But I'm not allowed... so I waited... because they are the rules.

Sometimes, rules are pretty crap, ain't they!  

4 hours ago, David said:

Do better Derby.

It's a good post, and you make some fair points, that would almost certainly prove successful, and keep the majority happy.
But I can't draw myself away from the fact that you are encouraging the club to "turn a blind eye" to the current rules.  You even suggest they attempt to manipulate any advertising of such arrangements, in an attempt to hide the fact that they would be contravening the stadium regulations... The regulations that govern their very own stadium. 

It's that aspect that doesn't sit so well with me.  Sorry! 

The problem is it’s not a criminal offence to stand in a seating area so the police are not interested, it is against ground regulations, so by buying a ticket you agree to those regulations. So then it’s down to enforcement which is the stewards job, but the stewards are told not to be confrontational so they can ask someone to sit down ( which they rarely do) but if they refuse then nothing else happens.

7 minutes ago, Foreveram said:

The problem is it’s not a criminal offence to stand in a seating area so the police are not interested, it is against ground regulations, so by buying a ticket you agree to those regulations. So then it’s down to enforcement which is the stewards job, but the stewards are told not to be confrontational so they can ask someone to sit down ( which they rarely do) but if they refuse then nothing else happens.

Good post.

My fear... for want of a less dramatic phrase... is that if the trained/experienced/competent stewards... experts in their field... are advised not to be confrontational (assumedly in an "official capacity"?), how long does this go on, before Mr & Mrs Dodgy-Patella have to take matters into their own (arthritic) hands, and instigate confrontation themselves, rather than meekly accepting the situation, and paying not to see the game?
If said stewards continue to follow the apparent "stand-off" advice, One can only assume it would be these two that get asked to leave.  Possibly even be victims of a banning order too, if thing got totally confrontational?

... And the standers... the initial rule breakers... continue to stand.  

How much longer do the rule-abiding innocents have to put up with this sham stewardship?  ?‍♂️

6 minutes ago, Mucker1884 said:

It's a good post, and you make some fair points, that would almost certainly prove successful, and keep the majority happy.
But I can't draw myself away from the fact that you are encouraging the club to "turn a blind eye" to the current rules.  You even suggest they attempt to manipulate any advertising of such arrangements, in an attempt to hide the fact that they would be contravening the stadium regulations... The regulations that govern their very own stadium. 

Virtually every club ignores there own ground regulations for the easy option. No one complains about standing in the South stand, you know that’s going to happen. What David says is what used to happen, standing at the back, sitting at the front, but enforce it. Our biggest problem at the moment is that our allocations are selling out meaning if you’re not happy with your seat you can’t move somewhere else.

29 minutes ago, Mucker1884 said:

You don’t think they are already turning a blind eye given that the South stand at Pride Park remains standing for the full 90 minutes?

Not only that, the club also regularly use pictures of the away support stood up to thank them across social media channels.

No encouragement needed from my part. 

Rail seats will be installed at many clubs over the next few years, I would imagine these will be installed in away ends which will cause major issues between the sitters and standers. May as well but a system in place now where fans are familiar with what they are getting into when purchasing tickets.