Away Tickets - 2022/23

Foreveram

I'd be extremely wary of selling my away tickets to anyone I didn't know very well as I would worry they might misbehave in my seat and the comeback would be on me.

Having said that, with Lincoln and Cambridge letting you sit anywhere they would never be able to do that so it becomes less of an issue.

But the right thing to do is give it back to ticket office - but then of course it affects your purchase history.  ?‍♀️

4 hours ago, YoxallRam said:

I’ve seen a lot of fans selling their tickets on Twitter because they can’t attend. They’ve bought the ticket to sell on and have another game added to their customer ID.

If you can’t get a ticket, don’t buy one off someone else. You’re just making the situation worse for yourself.

Totally agree on this. Its not just the 1 adult ticket you would expect either, 2 adults and 1 child etc.. It's apparent fans are doing this to keep their membership level high.

It is against the ticket rules to resell your ticket so those doing it should be very wary if advertised on social media. I do expect the club to clamp down on it as many are missing out.

2 hours ago, Tamworthram said:

No one is buying more tickets than they’re allowed to (surely that wouldn’t even be possible). They are just buying the tickets they’re entitled to and then selling them on to someone else. I don’t agree with the practice but I don’t know how you can prevent it. Fortunately, I suspect it’s not widespread. 

Your suspicion is not evidence, it's just your opinion. I have come across too many brazen conversations from the buyers of the tickets, who have not paid for away membership, to have your trust in the fact that it's not widespread. If it's 50, 100 or 150 tickets per game that are falling into the hands of people who have not paid for away membership, depriving those who have of the opportunity to buy, then it's wrong. The sellers gain by having an additional purchase to their credit for next season. As to how you stop it, I haven't a clue but it's wrong.

2 hours ago, therams69 said:

Totally agree on this. Its not just the 1 adult ticket you would expect either, 2 adults and 1 child etc.. It's apparent fans are doing this to keep their membership level high.

It is against the ticket rules to resell your ticket so those doing it should be very wary if advertised on social media. I do expect the club to clamp down on it as many are missing out.

What can be done Nick?

Can we report to the ticket office?

1 hour ago, Brailsford Ram said:

Your suspicion is not evidence, it's just your opinion. I have come across too many brazen conversations from the buyers of the tickets, who have not paid for away membership, to have your trust in the fact that it's not widespread. If it's 50, 100 or 150 tickets per game that are falling into the hands of people who have not paid for away membership, depriving those who have of the opportunity to buy, then it's wrong. The sellers gain by having an additional purchase to their credit for next season. As to how you stop it, I haven't a clue but it's wrong.

I’m not sure what the difference is between my suspicion and my opinion. And who said anything about “trust”? Of course I don’t have any evidence, that would be impossible unless I spoke to pretty much every member that had bought tickets. If I did have evidence then it would be neither a suspicion or an opinion, it would be a fact. To turn it around, how many brazen conversations have you actually come across?

In any event, whether my suspicion or your level of observed conversations is accurate isn’t really worth arguing about or even debating. We both agree it’s wrong and neither of us know how it could be stopped.The one tiny thing we could do is ban requests on this site for available tickets or offers for sale.

p.s. It also depends upon your definition of “widespread” which, again is a little bit irrelevant unless you do want to have an argument. As far as I’m concerned, if it happens once that’s one time too many.

Edited by Tamworthram

2 hours ago, YoxallRam said:

I’d say it’s widespread.

The only way to prevent it is to warn people to stop buying tickets 2nd hand.

But the people you are wanting to warn are the beneficiaries FFS?

10 minutes ago, angieram said:

Ticket details for Ipswich and Accrington up on website now. Both on sale from Tuesday.

Accrington dearer but more tickets available - c 2600.

Ipswich c 1900.

I think Ipswich is cheaper cos it’s been moved to Friday night.

Accrington is more expensive cos we are one of their four category A games the others being Bolton, Sheffield Wednesday and Fleetwood. Despite being one of the smallest grounds with a capacity of less than five and a half thousand they give up half the ground to away fans. All members will probably have a chance to go to these two, there will be less demand for a Friday night fixture in Ipswich. I will continue to update on category numbers.