Micheal ihiekwe

Donkey Derby

Sounds like a classic agent leaked story to me. Put it out in the media that a big club, newly taken over and in need of a shedload of new signings, is in for him - Rotherham get nervous and offer him a better deal. No way does he turn down staying at Rotherham in the Championship to sign for us in League One.

The source is the Sheffield Star, rather than the FLW. 

Not a name I've been familiar with before despite playing a long time with Rotherham in League One and the Championship. Whoscored have him down as a dominant player in the air and it looks as though he had a really good season last year. 

2 hours ago, Millenniumram said:

Sounds like a classic agent leaked story to me. Put it out in the media that a big club, newly taken over and in need of a shedload of new signings, is in for him - Rotherham get nervous and offer him a better deal. No way does he turn down staying at Rotherham in the Championship to sign for us in League One.

Why? 

1 hour ago, Sparkle said:

Why? 

He’s been at Rotherham for 5 seasons now, and appears to have been one of their most consistent performers. I imagine he’s built up a rapport with the fans, and will have loyalty to the club as a result. Don’t imagine ditching them for a team in the league below will go down well in Rotherham. Wouldn’t think it’ll be high up the players list to ruin his reputation at the club where he’s spent the best part of his career - especially considering I’m not sure he’d even start here with Flint coming in hopefully.

Yes please, only mentioned him as someone id target to my mates a couple of days ago, wonder if one of them secretly works for Sheffield Star ?

Imo we need 2x CBs to start, Davies should only be cover & Cashin back up. 

If we got them both, Ihiekwe & Flint would be the best CB pairing in League 1.

1 hour ago, Millenniumram said:

He’s been at Rotherham for 5 seasons now, and appears to have been one of their most consistent performers. I imagine he’s built up a rapport with the fans, and will have loyalty to the club as a result. Don’t imagine ditching them for a team in the league below will go down well in Rotherham. Wouldn’t think it’ll be high up the players list to ruin his reputation at the club where he’s spent the best part of his career - especially considering I’m not sure he’d even start here with Flint coming in hopefully.

The guys got a track record of success in league one so defo player we should be looking at on a free

If wages we are offering are tempting for Flint to drop down from championship, thinking it's likely we will be offering money at least on a par with Rotherham. As likely we will include wage increase if promoted where Rotherham likely to be offering relegation reduction potentially ours is the better offer. Add in bigger club and Rooney factor and might not be as simple a choice as suggested.

With number of games in league one think 4 centrebacks is the minimum we'll need here. Last time we were here we got promoted with hindmarch, maclaren, pratley and blades who all played a part

57 minutes ago, Donkey Derby said:

The guys got a track record of success in league one so defo player we should be looking at on a free

If wages we are offering are tempting for Flint to drop down from championship, thinking it's likely we will be offering money at least on a par with Rotherham. As likely we will include wage increase if promoted where Rotherham likely to be offering relegation reduction potentially ours is the better offer. Add in bigger club and Rooney factor and might not be as simple a choice as suggested.

With number of games in league one think 4 centrebacks is the minimum we'll need here. Last time we were here we got promoted with hindmarch, maclaren, pratley and blades who all played a part

Of course, he’s clearly proven himself a good player at League One level, and I’d certainly like him in our squad. But if we sign Flint, then we’ll have him and Cashin starting, with Stearman as backup. All of those have shown ability at Championship level at one point or another, yet alone League One. Ihiekwe would just replace Davies as cover if he turns down a new deal, to complete our 4 CBs. Doubt he’d want to move here for that, even if we match Rotherham’s offer, bigger club or not.

1 hour ago, Millenniumram said:

Of course, he’s clearly proven himself a good player at League One level, and I’d certainly like him in our squad. But if we sign Flint, then we’ll have him and Cashin starting, with Stearman as backup. All of those have shown ability at Championship level at one point or another, yet alone League One. Ihiekwe would just replace Davies as cover if he turns down a new deal, to complete our 4 CBs. Doubt he’d want to move here for that, even if we match Rotherham’s offer, bigger club or not.

If Curtis stays are you suggesting he won’t start in League 1 ?

12 minutes ago, Jimbo Ram said:

If Curtis stays are you suggesting he won’t start in League 1 ?

Not week in, week out no. He’s 37 now, surely his body can’t manage that again. I’d think him and Cashin will share that position next to Flint, depending on the opposition.

59 minutes ago, Millenniumram said:

Not week in, week out no. He’s 37 now, surely his body can’t manage that again. I’d think him and Cashin will share that position next to Flint, depending on the opposition.

Many of us 

Did not think he come back latest injury and lasted who season so why not this season.

1 hour ago, B4ev6is said:

Many of us 

Did not think he come back latest injury and lasted who season so why not this season.

It was miraculous what Davies did last season, and he’s a hero in my eyes for managing it. The man does seem to be superhuman, so maybe he can do it again! But let’s not absolutely bank on it, it would be unfair on him.

7 hours ago, Millenniumram said:

When fit he will play and Captain the side in my view...one more season in him...