Shefki Kuqi

Hucknall Ram

strange if true

nigel ballsed it up by dropping kuqi and showed little interest in him...

and you wouldnt describe kuqi as the 'talismanic forward' which we are supposedly after would you?

Another one for the bench I reckon if true.

Maybe one for the bench but could turn a game if called upon- I think Talismanic is maybe out of our reach

• Replies 305
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Maybe one for the bench but could turn a game if called upon- I think Talismanic is maybe out of our reach

A guy that works down the chip shop swears he saw Kuqi in Derby today

. However he also claimed to Elvis, so who knows.

He didn't see him in the chip shop, but being of Balkan heritage, I would imagine he'd be a kebab man.

Balkan? I thought he was from Finland - don't you mean Baltic or am I missing something? Not trying to trip you up just curious where he's actually from.

Balkan? I thought he was from Finland - don't you mean Baltic or am I missing something? Not trying to trip you up just curious where he's actually from.

Shefki was born in Kosovo. He moved to Finland with his family when he was a kid.

I wanna say none?

Porter? That's it.

So excluding Porter, Kuqi was the best targetman since our last targetman. Sign 'im up!

Sorry Mr Brayford, there's so little else to do in the off-season but make 4 posts out of 1 small assertion.

Hulse wasnt a target man. at all

Erm, yes he was. Any tall guy who loiters around up front on his own is a target man- especially if he scores with his head. Hulse may aswell have a target painted on his forehead- he was hardly one to go beating defenders on a regular basis was he? ( I mean with his skill, not a brick).

Erm, yes he was. Any tall guy who loiters around up front on his own is a target man- especially if he scores with his head. Hulse may aswell have a target painted on his forehead- he was hardly one to go beating defenders on a regular basis was he? ( I mean with his skill, not a brick).

Peter Crouch has scored with his head, wouldn't call him a target man really.

There are a few who are not exactly showering themselves in glory with there golden nuggets of wisdom on this subject :rolleyes:

If in doubt (for those of you in doubt) check wikipedia - the fountain of all knowledge.

"The centre forward is often a tall player, typically known as a target man, who is used to win long balls or receive passes and "hold up" the ball as team-mates advance, to help teammates score by providing a pass ('through ball' into the box), or to score himself; the latter variation usually requiring quicker pace. Some forwards operate on the wings of the field and work their way goalward. A centre forward usually must be strong, to win key headers and 'outmuscle' defenders."

Here endeth Mr Chumley-Warners lesson for today on Association Football :D

agree to disagree, Howard, Kuqi, Iwelumo, Parkin are target men, strong players whos game is more about the team than themselves. Yes Howard scored alot, but hes an inception.

Archived