F1 2022

RadioactiveWaste

Imagine you're the big cheese at the FIA and as you stroll towards your glass fronted office your secretary informs you that Christian Horner has left several messages in which he urges you take action against those who snipe at other teams and stir trouble in the paddock. 

Rumour is that Williams explained the situation to Latifi over the team radio and he was so shocked at the audacity of Karen Horner that he lost control of the car and completed his lap without incident 

10 minutes ago, Gaspode said:

In a pretty packed field of dodgy and apparently corrupt governing bodies, the FIA continue to extend their lead….

The integrity of FIFA with the ability of the EFL....I know liberty media aren't to everyone's taste but I get why they're trying to make the running to make the F1 championship something people are interested in, left to the FIA it'd probably have been in terminal decline by now like the world rally championship.

2 hours ago, Jubbs said:

The GOAT now making up his own track layout as it's too easy for him

What a hilariously cloth-eared Bamford he is!  It's not enough that he mistakes a slip road for the main track, but then he double's down and pretends there's some intermittent issue with the car. He might as well have said, 'sweet Jaysus, the feckers moved the feckin road on me!' for all the credibility that excuse garnered. I suppose we should be impressed he kept it out of the barrier at the end though ? 

After some cofusion about the rules "ah, no, the reduced points is if we stop the race and can't restart it if we stop it then restart it it's full points for everyone even if they only do 2 laps" it's confirmed that Verstappen is champion.

Coverage didn't make that particually clear.

but quite an exciting race with great drives from Ocon, Vettel, fernando and, the GOAT, Latifi finishing P9 and showing Alpha Tauri they've made the wrong choice in De Vries.

Oh apparently Ferrari are appealing against the 5 second pen for Leclerc. I thought he cut the chicane but we'll see, if the stewards buy it they'll have to undo their championship montage and make a bunch of COTA ones.

Edited by RadioactiveWaste

FIA yet again turning the whole show into a farce. I guess they've broadened the 'audience' but for how long? The Netflix generation are pretty fickle and so many diehards now totally disenchanted with the ruling body's unwillingness to make RB play by the same rules as everyone else. Expect a whitewash on the budget cap overspend in 3, 2, 1...

6 minutes ago, 86 Hair Islands said:

FIA yet again turning the whole show into a farce. I guess they've broadened the 'audience' but for how long? The Netflix generation are pretty fickle and so many diehards now totally disenchanted with the ruling body's unwillingness to make RB play by the same rules as everyone else. Expect a whitewash on the budget cap overspend in 3, 2, 1...

I'm getting that way - so many penalities being applied, so many inconsistent decisions, so much apparent bias, so much incompetence - I just want to see the best drivers racing each other without all of the bull that now surrounds the circus.....

On another note, any of those in any way responsible for letting the recovery vehicle on the track while cars were still out there should be kicked out of the sport for good - could easily have had another very avoidable tragedy today....

2 minutes ago, 86 Hair Islands said:

I'm expecting a budget cap "nothing to see here" from the FIA which I think zero people will actually believe.

The confusion about what points will be awarded is an astoundingly badly written rule if this is it's outcome.

Whilst I don't particually think Leclerc's penalty was harsh or he was badly treated in this instance, I see Ferrari's point that this one was an immediate slap down because they wanted to run all the "Verstappen Champion" graphics they'd prepared -  in contrast to last weeks "oh no we have to leave this for 30 laps to decide because we want to give every possible chance to Red Bull to get away with a fairly obvious infraction" - As with last week, I didn't particually think a wrong outcome (Perez 5 seconds for dikking about under the SC) was the result but there was no need to not apply it immediatly in Singapore.

Ultimatly, I don't think anyone can argue that it's Max's championship, but I do feel frustration that this wasn't a closer challenge, Ferrari had a car fast enough to challenge them for most of the season, but unforced errors from the team and Leclerc have robbed us of a more dramatic title fight, and when Ferrari weren;t doing it to themselves, the FIA were ever ready to step in.

I remember the days when FIA stood for "Ferrari International Assistance", I remember when Lewis used to get away with all sorts at both Mclaren and Mercedes, they seem to be such a blow with the winds governing body and with the wind blowing from Milton Keynes.....sigh.

However, there was some good racing, the Ocon/Lewis fight, the Vettel/Alonso fight, Leclerc/Perez until the last corner (seriously, one breaking zone and Leclerc would've done it, he'd been defencing well for several laps on shot tyres). But still, more frustraited than anything.

5 minutes ago, Gaspode said:

I'm getting that way - so many penalities being applied, so many inconsistent decisions, so much apparent bias, so much incompetence - I just want to see the best drivers racing each other without all of the bull that now surrounds the circus.....

On another note, any of those in any way responsible for letting the recovery vehicle on the track while cars were still out there should be kicked out of the sport for good - could easily have had another very avoidable tragedy today....

This. I saw they penalised Gasly for it......................FFS.............

Edited by RadioactiveWaste

And so it transpires that the claims made by Binotto and Wolff were not such heinous defamations after all. Well colour me shocked! I assume that the extra five days were afforded to Red Bull & AM to allow them to do their prep again and this time submit documents that would not incur a point deduction or worse. 

So.... Effectively, Red Bull, a team awash with money, have breached the budget cap and in doing so secured not one, but two RWCs. They will likely now have to pay a paltry fine and another whitewash is completed. I'm sure they feel suitably chastened! ?

22 minutes ago, 86 Hair Islands said:

So.... Effectively, Red Bull, a team awash with money, have breached the budget cap and in doing so secured not one, but two RWCs. They will likely now have to pay a paltry fine and another whitewash is completed. I'm sure they feel suitably chastened! ?

It was a minor breach. Which means less than £5m. Also, the overspend is rumoured to not be in car development and is in areas such as catering. So not sure how much of an advantage they gained from it. Below are the possible penalties:

image.png.02cba2c959219aa896abcbc1f53f474c.png

45 minutes ago, Jubbs said:

It was a minor breach. Which means less than £5m. Also, the overspend is rumoured to not be in car development and is in areas such as catering. So not sure how much of an advantage they gained from it. Below are the possible penalties:

image.png.02cba2c959219aa896abcbc1f53f474c.png

£5 million in hotdogs seems a gross oversight. Overspending on food by £225,000.00 per race week does seem a tad careless! ?

And yes, we all know it's a minor overspend, thanks! FIA insiders have been telling everyone that for a week, despite their need for an extra 5 days to confirm as much and then straight back into a PR huddle determining the the path of least fallout. Read into that what you will. Most others already have.

Edited by 86 Hair Islands

I think the word "minor" is going to be drinking a lot of highly caffinated fizzy pop over the next couple of weeks.

Am I going to get all upset about it? No, not particually. Do I choose to believe Red Bull Racing would try to manipulate things? absolutly. Did everyone else play the accounts with a straight bat? My arse they did.

Max Costcappen haters will get their fume feed off this.

Horner will be enraged he got caught.

But for me, lets not forget to laugh at Aston Martin, who just badly copied Mercedes and still couldn't comply.

If you want a fair sport, F1 has never been it...