F1 2022

RadioactiveWaste

Live on channel 4 this weekend.

Will Ferrari strike back?

Who gets to be top Brit out of Georgie boy, toktok star Lando Norris or a town in South Lanarkshire with an ultimately quite mediocre shipping center (,or Alex Albon and his lucky cat)?

How will red bull find new ways to tell Checo "no. You help max. Or Marko might become displeased with you......."?

Will Latifi keep up his tremendous form for not visiting a wall?

Will Schumacher find a new way to get a point?

Will Fernando Alonso be grumpy (yes)?

All this and more, it's the British grand Prix.

4 hours ago, 86 Hair Islands said:

F1 has far too many vile old racists associated with the sport. They really need to ostracize them all from the sport. Piquet is furious with Lewis knowing he will never be as popular in his own country as Hamilton is! 

7 hours ago, Andicis said:

F1 has far too many vile old racists associated with the sport. They really need to ostracize them all from the sport. Piquet is furious with Lewis knowing he will never be as popular in his own country as Hamilton is! 

It's a real drag for liberty media to try to make F1 inclusive, wide appealing sport with engaging characters and drivers to get behind...but the F1 world containing miserable rich old gits like Bernie "I'd take a bullet for Putin" Ecclestone and Nelson "was a horrible git even when he was racing" piquet sr.

In some respects F1 is a generation (if not 2) behind modern sports in terms of its attitudes. It's been improving under the post-bernie era, although liberty do seem a bit forced at times (I get the good intentions just feels forced IMO) 

3 hours ago, RadioactiveWaste said:

It's a real drag for liberty media to try to make F1 inclusive, wide appealing sport with engaging characters and drivers to get behind...but the F1 world containing miserable rich old gits like Bernie "I'd take a bullet for Putin" Ecclestone and Nelson "was a horrible git even when he was racing" piquet sr.

In some respects F1 is a generation (if not 2) behind modern sports in terms of its attitudes. It's been improving under the post-bernie era, although liberty do seem a bit forced at times (I get the good intentions just feels forced IMO) 

You are right in terms of generation but there is hope because the Netflix fan generation will help. I have allways loved the sport but my lad never really showed much interest until lockdown and he started to watch DTS. Last year we went to Silverstone to see the real thing  and he loved it, when i suggested French GP he was properly made up. Going back to your point, his generation, a millenial, racism, sexism, homophobia, prejudice in general, is not something they want to be associated with and will let it known as well, and rightly so. This being said our opinion differ on Reb Bull, there is always something isn't? Something to work on?

1 hour ago, EtoileSportiveDeDerby said:

You are right in terms of generation but there is hope because the Netflix fan generation will help. I have allways loved the sport but my lad never really showed much interest until lockdown and he started to watch DTS. Last year we went to Silverstone to see the real thing  and he loved it, when i suggested French GP he was properly made up. Going back to your point, his generation, a millenial, racism, sexism, homophobia, prejudice in general, is not something they want to be associated with and will let it known as well, and rightly so. This being said our opinion differ on Reb Bull, there is always something isn't? Something to work on?

Yes, we've agreed to disagree on RBR team culture - like we're grown ups ?

Drive to survive has overall been a great thing for the sport, however I do wish it didn't have so much "reality TV drama" to the editing and way it presents narrative - there's always been enough of that bubbling away under the surface anyway (for me the skulduggery has always been a part of it)

I hope you have a fantastic time at the grand Prix.

8 minutes ago, RadioactiveWaste said:

Yes, we've agreed to disagree on RBR team culture - like we're grown ups ?

Drive to survive has overall been a great thing for the sport, however I do wish it didn't have so much "reality TV drama" to the editing and way it presents narrative - there's always been enough of that bubbling away under the surface anyway (for me the skulduggery has always been a part of it)

I hope you have a fantastic time at the grand Prix.

To be clear i am with you on RBR, it's just my lad who does not find them annoying, working on it

Fantastic pole for Carlos Sainz!

Wet qualifying session, times and places changing all the time, max P2, Leclerc P3, Checo P4, Lewis P5, Lando P6, Fernando P7, Georgie boy P8, Zhou P9 (good job), LATIFI P10!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!(?)

No one binned it for red flags, which was itself a bit unusual this season.

The save by Verstappen was pure skill.

I'm not going to pan any of the drivers in a session like that, some will be more disappointed than others, obviously.