F1 2022

RadioactiveWaste

I think Gasly's moment has passed anyway. He's been outdriving the car and his team-mates for two seasons, but seems that Tsunoda has closed the gap this season. Going to be much harder to stand out.

Think the most talented drivers ready to take a big seat aren't in F1. Pato O'Ward drives for McLaren in IndyCar and he's got another test coming soon. Palou or Herta are also good shouts. And how Oscar Piastri isn't in F1 already is a travesty, I think it won't take long for him to prove he's future WDC material

18 hours ago, Andicis said:

https://thesportsrush.com/f1-news-we-were-going-to-overtake-charles-leclerc-straight-back-again-alex-albon-shares-explains-why-he-ignored-blue-flags-in-monaco-gp/

Unfortunately, he was not trying to let Leclerc through, he was intentionally ignoring blue flags because he thought he knew better. 

Oh dear. 

I like Albon too

Sport movies are poo. Sport has real drama. Unless it's like the biography of an athlete etc that tells the story behind the headlines then I don't like stuff like Creed, Goal and whatever other sports films.

I think Rocky is massively overrated. 

An F1 movie. Fake drama where 2 drivers go into the last race level on points and it's settled on the last lap? 

6 hours ago, Gaspode said:

Think there will be a bit of an outcry if Brad Pitt is playing Lewis......

It would be one of those things that would be so funny because it's not funny. 

Like Donald Trump

7 minutes ago, Alpha said:

Sport movies are poo. Sport has real drama. Unless it's like the biography of an athlete etc that tells the story behind the headlines then I don't like stuff like Creed, Goal and whatever other sports films.

I think Rocky is massively overrated. 

An F1 movie. Fake drama where 2 drivers go into the last race level on points and it's settled on the last lap? 

You need to watch  Rush then buddy. It's excellent. There's loads of great movies based on fact not fiction too.

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt1979320/

Edited by 86 Hair Islands
Link added

Just now, 86 Hair Islands said:

You need to watch  Rush then buddy. It's excellent. There's loads of great movies based on fact not fiction too.

I haven't seen that. I did try to watch Senna but somebody wouldn't shut up during it. 

I'd give that factual ones a shot. Is Rush the Hunt/Lauda one? Is it accurate?

1 minute ago, Alpha said:

I haven't seen that. I did try to watch Senna but somebody wouldn't shut up during it. 

It's a good film and "reasonable" in terms of accuracy.

But you're right, most sports films suck and I've little confidence this proposed F1 movie will be any good.

I'll add "le mans" and "on any Sunday" as watchable if dated a bit. But I kinda just like Steve McQueen.

4 minutes ago, Alpha said:

Senna is a docu but Rush is a straight out movie. And yes and yes. It kinda has to be given the amount of F1 nerds out there like myself ?

Also check out Ford vs Ferrari

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt1950186/

Edited by 86 Hair Islands

So, onto Baku.

That long straight is likely to favour the red bull over the Ferrari and Perez seems to love the track.

However, hopefully Ferrari don't Ferrari it up and hopefully Carlos continues to get to grips with the 22 car.

Interesting test if Merc really have sorted their bouncy bouncy issues.

I'm going to boldly predict Lando to have a podium, and a "still got it" drive from both Alonso and Vettel.

I'm going to less boldly predict Mick Schumacher, Latifi, and stroll to have throwing themselves into walls moments.

Tsunoda to have a full on banzai moment.

41 minutes ago, RadioactiveWaste said:

So, onto Baku.

That long straight is likely to favour the red bull over the Ferrari and Perez seems to love the track.

However, hopefully Ferrari don't Ferrari it up and hopefully Carlos continues to get to grips with the 22 car.

Interesting test if Merc really have sorted their bouncy bouncy issues.

I'm going to boldly predict Lando to have a podium, and a "still got it" drive from both Alonso and Vettel.

I'm going to less boldly predict Mick Schumacher, Latifi, and stroll to have throwing themselves into walls moments.

Tsunoda to have a full on banzai moment.

Ooh, I like the predictions thingy. Mine are:

Leclerc to pole but Verstappen to win

Russell to top 5 but Hammy to be on the wrong end of a strategy call or safety car / red flag

Karen to have a bitch about Toto, Lewis, Merc or all three

Sainz to have a brainfart

Vettel to break out into an impromptu version of the Bandaid Feed The World ditty if he podiums

And yes, wall-bother Latifi to hit a barrier in practice, quali, the race or all 3

On 08/06/2022 at 14:31, RadioactiveWaste said:

It's a good film and "reasonable" in terms of accuracy.

But you're right, most sports films suck and I've little confidence this proposed F1 movie will be any good.

I'll add "le mans" and "on any Sunday" as watchable if dated a bit. But I kinda just like Steve McQueen.

I’ll stick my head above the parapet and say that I enjoyed Le Mans ‘66 - works as both a motor racing film and as entertainment (my wife has zero interest in motorsport but enjoyed the film)….

But seriously, looking forward to stroll sr deciding to sack stroll Jr for poor performance and crashing a lot. As in, that Drive to Survive episode is going to be fun.

"I am extremely angry. I have never in my life backed an inferior product and at Aston Martin lagonda and congnizant Aston Martin F1 team we strive for the best. That's why we're proud to announce Sebastian vettel and Pierre Gasly as our drivers for the 2023 formula 1 world championship"

"He didn't even phone me"

Is Lewis going to get beat by his teammate this season then? ? 

I'm gonna make a bold prediction. Screw you lot. Latifi and Stroll to finish the race. 

They have potential to be top drivers in my opinion and if these tracks had a hard shoulder then possibly even world champion material. 

Shop owners of Baku, pray with me.