F1 2022

RadioactiveWaste

9 hours ago, 86 Hair Islands said:

Got a lot of time for Fernando but yesterday's was a dick drive, pure and simple. That said, if Hamilton can't overtake him even when he's running 3 to 4 seconds off race pace, then perhaps it's time F1 binned off Monaco. Outside of the chuckle-fest that is Nicholas Latifi, who could find a wall in a desert, yesterday's race was a total non-event. The only real interest lies in whether or not the FIA have the balls to administer time penalties to the two Red Bull cars.

On that note, I've sent my CV to the F1 big dogs just in case they are in need of a new race director. I own a fast car and have been karting a few times and I can make s*** up like Masi and / or get everything wrong like the two incumbents, so I figure I must have a chance, right? Watch this space ?

Latifi and Stroll are in a permanent battle to decide who is the worst driver... Latifi is currently in the lead, but Stroll also managed a puncture in the formation lap ?.

4 minutes ago, Andicis said:

Latifi and Stroll are in a permanent battle to decide who is the worst driver... Latifi is currently in the lead, but Stroll also managed a puncture in the formation lap ?.

In fairness Stroll does chuck in the odd decent effort. Latifi for me has grasped the opportunity presented by Hazaspin's departure and is currently sitting top of the flops by a distance. His radio message was comedy gold: 'The car just went straight on!!!' which seems to suggest he either forgot he was driving it or he doesn't realise you need to steer the car when you arrive at a bend. 

1 hour ago, JuanFloEvraTheCocu'sNesta said:

Funny how it's always the lads who's daddies paid for their seat 

When daddy bought you a whole F1 team, a pink Mercedes and now a green red bull and you still suck, your team mate who has been phoning it in for about 4 years is miles ahead of you...

I often wonder how well Latifi would do in the Aston Martin.

But Latifi gotta stay on the wagon. No Niki, I know you want to throw yourself at the wall, but don't, it's not just you you're hurting,it's the team,it's everyone who loves you. Stay strong dude.

10 minutes ago, RadioactiveWaste said:

When daddy bought you a whole F1 team, a pink Mercedes and now a green red bull and you still suck, your team mate who has been phoning it in for about 4 years is miles ahead of you...

I often wonder how well Latifi would do in the Aston Martin.

But Latifi gotta stay on the wagon. No Niki, I know you want to throw yourself at the wall, but don't, it's not just you you're hurting,it's the team,it's everyone who loves you. Stay strong dude.

Has Lance Stroll ever checked his mirrors before slamming the door in front of other drivers? Must be a nightmare trying to overtake this guy, he's like Verstappen without any of the skill but all of the recklessness. 

12 hours ago, 86 Hair Islands said:

In fairness Stroll does chuck in the odd decent effort. Latifi for me has grasped the opportunity presented by Hazaspin's departure and is currently sitting top of the flops by a distance. His radio message was comedy gold: 'The car just went straight on!!!' which seems to suggest he either forgot he was driving it or he doesn't realise you need to steer the car when you arrive at a bend. 

I think he briefly looked down at the sat nav again 

9 hours ago, Andicis said:

Didn't notice this whilst the race was on, Albon ignored a laps worth of blue flags which slowed Leclerc down significantly and received no punishment at all. Latifi also did this to Sainz. 

I guess he was trying to allow Leclerc through. I don't know how Leclerc was supposed to pass but that's probably what was going on?

Track so boring you can't even overtake lapped cars! 

17 minutes ago, Alpha said:

I guess he was trying to allow Leclerc through. I don't know how Leclerc was supposed to pass but that's probably what was going on?

Track so boring you can't even overtake lapped cars! 

https://thesportsrush.com/f1-news-we-were-going-to-overtake-charles-leclerc-straight-back-again-alex-albon-shares-explains-why-he-ignored-blue-flags-in-monaco-gp/

Unfortunately, he was not trying to let Leclerc through, he was intentionally ignoring blue flags because he thought he knew better. 

1 hour ago, Andicis said:

https://thesportsrush.com/f1-news-we-were-going-to-overtake-charles-leclerc-straight-back-again-alex-albon-shares-explains-why-he-ignored-blue-flags-in-monaco-gp/

Unfortunately, he was not trying to let Leclerc through, he was intentionally ignoring blue flags because he thought he knew better. 

So his defence was "I ignored the blue flags and the rules because I thought I was quicker". 

Erm, what?

26 minutes ago, RadioactiveWaste said:

I prefer to read it as "Horner told me Gasly won't be getting the RB drive and I wanted to show what a team player I am.

Exactly how I see it. Just another example of the FIA's reluctance to address the ever-increasing influence of Red Bull. They've become the new Ferrari. I can't think Liberty will be terribly pleased with Sunday's proceedings either. There's currently only one individual with the experience and respect of the drivers and that's Herbie Blash. His role needs to be more than merely 'advisory' and sharpish too as this season is fast heading down the same road as last in terms of credibility. What fans wouldn't give to have someone like the much revered Charlie Whiting back in mission control! 

16 minutes ago, 86 Hair Islands said:

Exactly how I see it. Just another example of the FIA's reluctance to address the ever-increasing influence of Red Bull. They've become the new Ferrari. I can't think Liberty will be terribly pleased with Sunday's proceedings either. There's currently only one individual with the experience and respect of the drivers and that's Herbie Blash. His role needs to be more than merely 'advisory' and sharpish too as this season is fast heading down the same road as last in terms of credibility. What fans wouldn't give to have someone like the much revered Charlie Whiting back in mission control! 

I remember last season Wolff (and Mercedes) were very reluctant to let Williams (Merc technical partner and engine customer) have Albon as a driver and even though "contractually" for this season Albon is not part of the red bull organisation, I think most people in the paddock regard him as "red bull's man".

52 minutes ago, RadioactiveWaste said:

I prefer to read it as "Horner told me Gasly won't be getting the RB drive and I wanted to show what a team player I am.

I think the chances of Albon ever getting back in the RB seat are as slim as Gasly's to be honest. Perez is setting a high bar as number 2, and had he not been forced to hand the Spain win to their golden boy he'd be leading the championship.

My immediate reaction being that's Gasly on the phone to Zach Brown along the lines of "That Ricciardo bloke, not doing to well is he?"

I think Marko and Horner like Albon better than Gasly (presumably out of the car / behind the scenes stuff) - just get the vibe they prefer working with him. I agree I think his chances are slim (basically none now) especially after they've given Checo 2 years.