F1 2022

RadioactiveWaste

Another almost classic Brundle grid walk there. Fortunately Kit Harington and Patrick Dempsey saved the day. 

44 minutes ago, RadioactiveWaste said:

So, fingers crossed for rain?

Will Leclerc get his first Monaco win?

Anyone else expect a full processional race?

Who is binning it? I'm going for Latifi to fall off the "barriers anonymous" wagon this weekend.

Praying for rain to make a relatively dullard race that bit more entertaining. 

Really would be happy with a Ferrari win. But with rain, a sneaky suspicion it could be an unusual podium. Hopefully Lando keeps pushing. 

Latifi will be a DNF.  Possibly before the first pit opportunity. 

17 minutes ago, Andicis said:

Monaco is a really rubbish track isn't it? Even with today being a more interesting race than it usually is, Alonso could intentionally back the field up by going 3 seconds slower a lap with no consequences. Needs getting rid of. 

Odd behaviour by Alonso and Alpine there. Especially when they needed Ocon to push and make up his time penalty!

10 hours ago, Andicis said:

Monaco is a really rubbish track isn't it? Even with today being a more interesting race than it usually is, Alonso could intentionally back the field up by going 3 seconds slower a lap with no consequences. Needs getting rid of. 

It's been crap for a few years - the cars are too big and too fast nowadays so the chance of an overtake is remote. The one thing that might have made the race interesting was the rain and the damn race director decided we'd all much rather watch the cars sitting in the pit lane than see them racing.....

9 hours ago, Andicis said:

Completely bizarre. Did Ocon absolutely no favours with that strategy, and I do wonder what the purpose even was behind doing it! 

Got a lot of time for Fernando but yesterday's was a dick drive, pure and simple. That said, if Hamilton can't overtake him even when he's running 3 to 4 seconds off race pace, then perhaps it's time F1 binned off Monaco. Outside of the chuckle-fest that is Nicholas Latifi, who could find a wall in a desert, yesterday's race was a total non-event. The only real interest lies in whether or not the FIA have the balls to administer time penalties to the two Red Bull cars.

On that note, I've sent my CV to the F1 big dogs just in case they are in need of a new race director. I own a fast car and have been karting a few times and I can make s*** up like Masi and / or get everything wrong like the two incumbents, so I figure I must have a chance, right? Watch this space ?

1 hour ago, JuanFloEvraTheCocu'sNesta said:

I am fully on the 'bin Monaco off entirely' side of the argument.

Give me a proper track like Suzuka over it any day. Monaco is a farce that is only there because of tradition as opposed to it having any merit whatsoever as a F1 circuit.

Thing is, you just know it's replacement would only be there because of money as opposed to having any merit as an F1 circuit.

Would I swap Monaco for Sepang? Maybe.

I'm going to stick up for Monaco as a unique track, yes there isn't passing but there is a spectacle, qualifying is the most important of the year, you still have to make no mistakes to win it.

I don't mind Monaco as a one off because the tradition, the uniqueness, it's still a challenge even if it's a different and much more flawed one than most GP.

1 hour ago, JuanFloEvraTheCocu'sNesta said:

I am fully on the 'bin Monaco off entirely' side of the argument.

Give me a proper track like Suzuka over it any day. Monaco is a farce that is only there because of tradition as opposed to it having any merit whatsoever as a F1 circuit.

if you got sponsors you want to impress and say to them come to Monaco, they'll make space on their diaries if you say to them come to Suzuka or Baku their diary might be full. In terms of racing it is not good, but its commercial appeal is up there on its own.