F1 2022

RadioactiveWaste

14 minutes ago, RadioactiveWaste said:

Has he been hanging around with Riccardo too much?

He really needs to take a chill pill and drive the car the way car needs to be driven.

He's massively damaging Ferrari's bid for constructors championship at the moment, cannot be relied upon at all to get his car to the end at the moment. The issue being, if you suffer a loss of confidence in F1 it's so difficult to rebuild. 

6 minutes ago, Andicis said:

He's massively damaging Ferrari's bid for constructors championship at the moment, cannot be relied upon at all to get his car to the end at the moment. The issue being, if you suffer a loss of confidence in F1 it's so difficult to rebuild. 

Absolutly, the death spiral. the mistakes all pile on top of each other, the more pressure leading more mistakes. I think he can get out of it, but needs to do it soon. At the moment he's only reall behind Lewis in terms of "bad start by his standards" and Carlos has a better car.

All fezza front row with Leclerc on pole, but good job from Sainz to get P2, then the red bulls, max ahead of Perez.

Bottas P5, Lewis P6 (it's georgie boys weekend to struggle apparently), Gasly, Lando, Yuki and daddy bought me an F1 team round out the top ten.

Ocon didn't set a time after his Latifi moment in FP3.

Hopefully be a good onr tomorrow night.

2 minutes ago, RadioactiveWaste said:

It's pleasing that pundits are just as cringe worthy in every sport

He's like Murray without the charm. Not often I literally cringe on someone else's behalf. In fairness to him, some of the VIPs are ao far up their own back passages that it'd be hard to get a mic there ?

My sesitivities aside, what a show Miami has put on. Never seen anything like it. As Jenson said, it's Superbowl-esque. Hoping the race lives up to the billing. With a hard-charging Verstappen in behind the two Ferraris and Lando and possibly Lewis looking to capitalise on any errors or race flags, it could be a chaotic but entertaining race. Hoping the drivers come home safe above all. Easy to put it in the wall here.

1 minute ago, SouthStandDan said:

Pretty much a non event race. Mind you, if Americans can watch cars go around in a banked circle for 100s of laps then this is a cup final for them.

60 seconds later, Norris has a crash ? cursed it

I've just emailed George to ask what the Euromillions numbers are for Tuesday's draw. good day's work irrespective. Lewis will be kicking the family cat yet again. Race unfortunately panned out exactly as expected with the RB having a huge staight line advantage. Leclerc gave it a good go but as soon as he was pressured, RB simply hit the magic button and away went Max again.

Driver of the day would have been MSC, but another solid outing from Albon just pips him. He's driving the wheels off the Williams at the moment. Mercedes will be pleased that they've at least begun to look racy but still a deal of work needed to trouble RB and Ferrari. SV and MSC now off eachother's Xmas card list.

1 minute ago, 86 Hair Islands said:

I've just emailed George to ask what the Euromillions numbers are for Tuesday's draw. good day's work irrespective. Lewis will be kicking the family cat yet again. Race unfortunately panned out exactly as expected with the RB having a huge staight line advantage. Leclerc gave it a good go but as soon as he was pressured, RB simply hit the magic button and away went Max again.

Driver of the day would have been MSC, but another solid outing from Albon just pips him. He's driving the wheels off the Williams at the moment. Mercedes will be pleased that they've at least begun to look racy but still a deal of work needed to trouble RB and Ferrari. SV and MSC now off eachother's Xmas card list.

Most definitely the most fortunate driver of a few races this season, starting the hard tyres looks a master stroke now. It's really bizarre that Lewis didn't pit immediately when the VSC started, it feels like he would have gained a lot if he had been put on softs or mediums, he didn't have much to lose. 

The ferrari didn't look too competitive with the RB today, really odd that they didn't try a different strategy at the end with Sainz to roll the dice as RB did with Perez. 

Albon's had a great season so far hasn't he? He's maximising all he can from that Williams, really respectable performances. 

It's a weird one for Mercedes. They looked great on that Friday, but the setup didn't seem right since then. Unsure of what happened there. 

4 minutes ago, Alpha said:

That track is poop. 

Where did Ricciardo come from at the end? Did he benefit from the Stroll/Schumacher incident? 

And I didn't see where Gasly went? He survived the crash I thought? 

Sainz! Welcome back!!

Gasly was struggling leading up to the crash with his steering, he seemed to be out after that, as the crash took place with Norris he was on the radio complaining he couldn't steer.