The Administration Thread

Boycie

3 minutes ago, Gritstone Tup said:

This is utter nonsense. Very very frustrating that the prat that is Mel Morris didn’t have his day in court before going into administration. Now we are in a log jam because we can’t go to court. I can’t see why MFC have a special case over and above all the other championship clubs, which has been dealt with by the EFL through points deduction.

Maybe not, his record in court is terrible.

42 minutes ago, StarterForTen said:

"In simple terms so far as MFC is concerned, had Derby County not cheated, MFC would have been in the play-offs"

Let me adjust that for you...

"In simple terms so far as MFC is concerned, had the Club won more points than Derby County, MFC would have been in the play-offs"

In simple terms Derby did not cheat.

definition of cheat is to act dishonestly. We didn’t act dishonestly. We didn’t know we were breaking the rules.

Just now, RoyMac5 said:

Maybe not, his record in court is terrible.

Well this is what is worrying me. Mel runs away, Ashley dosent want to buy and take Gibbo on, Appleby has left the building and the administrators are sweeping it under the carpet.

This all adds up to one thing, Gibbo has got a case which he might win!!

1 hour ago, RoyMac5 said:

This is from Boro's statement (only just seen it):

"The claim was held in abeyance whilst the EFL Disciplinary Proceedings against Derby County were followed through to a conclusion. MFC then sent Derby County a Letter Before Action in the autumn of 2020 and started arbitration proceedings against Derby County in January 2021. Derby County used various procedural tactics to seek to delay the proceedings and as a result the claim has yet to be finally determined."

But the claim wasn't concluded in Autumn 2020...

The original hearing result was August 2020, when we were basically cleared of everything.

The EFL appeal result was May 2021.

The decision on Sanction was June 2021.

The agreed decision on FFP issues was November 2021.

Edited by duncanjwitham
Clarity

7 minutes ago, duncanjwitham said:

The original hearing result was August 2020, when we were basically cleared of everything.

Ere I didn't say that, that's the Boro chancer.

3 minutes ago, Dai Capp said:

The Boro statement isn't anything to be excited about, it's just a pacifier for their fans really but it does show that they're feeling a little uncomfortable, it opens the door and let's face it, it's not the first time we've heard about poor comms from Quantuma...

Again I'll suggest that Q aren't going to contact Boro and say, oh btw we've got you, you're getting nothing, check the Insolvency laws!?

Be interesting to read a statement from Wycombe along the same lines!

Edited by RoyMac5

32 minutes ago, IslandExile said:

And let's not forget it was public pressure that forced the 'cornered' statements from the EFL and Boro, nothing that the Administrators had done.

I think the administrators statement on Friday that the EFL position was “against statute” stung them. They’ve been at pains to say they’ve not suggested breaking insolvency law since then. 

1 hour ago, RoyMac5 said:

This is from Boro's statement (only just seen it):

"Why are MFC bringing a claim now?

MFC became aware that Derby County was cheating under the P&S Rules during 2018/19. MFC first intimated a claim against Derby County in May 2019 immediately following the end of the 2018/19 season. The claim was held in abeyance whilst the EFL Disciplinary Proceedings against Derby County were followed through to a conclusion. MFC then sent Derby County a Letter Before Action in the autumn of 2020 and started arbitration proceedings against Derby County in January 2021. Derby County used various procedural tactics to seek to delay the proceedings and as a result the claim has yet to be finally determined. MFC is not responsible for the delay. Had it been finally determined, and an award made in favour of MFC, there would be no dispute that MFC would be a Football Creditor."

It's all ducking ifs and ands, ffs. We've been punished for 'cheating' if you don't like it take it up with the EFL Boro! 

I’ve tried to copy a section from an earlier post with details of the arbitration hearing…… basically it ties in with the above timeline but initially Boro’s claim was against the EFL.  It then goes on to say that if the EFL pursue Derby County and found them guilty that Boro would then turn it’s attention to DCFC and claim damages.  I wonder why the EFL are so keen to throw the book at us ?

Edited by Donnyram

1 hour ago, TooFarInToTurnRed said:

So a fair summary of the last 24hrs:

EFL now backpedaling desperately looking for a way out that saved face.

Boro backpedaling now public opinion has clearly gone against them and saying they wanted to settle.

Wycombe gently fading back in to insignificance. 

Quantuma quietly sitting tight lipped knowing they were right.

Me having a new found respect for my MP!

I’d love to have your mindset but I haven’t unfortunately.

1) EFL aren’t back peddling, they’ve answered each specific question and the bottom line is, it’s not under their remit, court action is needed.

2) Boro aren’t back peddling they’ve explained that they might not have a case but they just want to make sure that if a court case goes in their favour the new buyer knows they have to pick up the tab.

3) No idea about Wycombe.

4) Quantuma have just buried their head in the sand imo!

5) The MPs are powerless as no one has made the first move.

6) It just highlights to me that we don’t have a serious bidder because most of this is smoke and mirrors.

30 minutes ago, DarkFruitsRam7 said:

That's an extremely generous interpretation of Mel and Pearce's actions.

It’s the conclusion that the IDC reached and that’s why we only got fined £100k.

if Boro think differently then they can claim against Pearce and Morris . Because they can lose protection of limited liability if they acted dishonestly( which I don’t think they did as per the IDC).

38 minutes ago, duncanjwitham said:

A procedural tactic? The decision on amortisation Efl v Derby was in May 2021 ? Was Gibson expecting a different panel for Boro v Derby  to decide on that first? on the same issue? 

I think any arbitration panel for the Boro “case” would have wanted to wait til the Efl case was finished.

the accounts were not to be redone until august 2021.

anyway what is Gibson’s point?

29 minutes ago, DarkFruitsRam7 said:

We really need to turn these 'Hopefully a solution can be found' statements into 'Boro should withdraw their claim' statements, or 'The EFL should let the administrators get on with it without the threat of legal action hanging over the new owners' statements.

I mean it's good people are getting involved but we need real pressure. Let's face it even Boro would agree that 'hopefully a solution can be found asap'.