Derbyshire CCC - Mickey Arthur Appointed

Mihangel

2 minutes ago, Phoenix said:

We struggle to kill teams off.

We don't really have a bowler to come in and blast the tail out, Scrimshaw maybe, but obviously he's elsewhere. Only one team ever winning this from the moment they lost their 5th wicket, but it's taking longer than you'd hope.

14 minutes ago, jimbo jones said:

We don't really have a bowler to come in and blast the tail out, Scrimshaw maybe, but obviously he's elsewhere. Only one team ever winning this from the moment they lost their 5th wicket, but it's taking longer than you'd hope.

Yeah, dragged on a bit. BUT, if we can keep hold of these bowlers, this is going to be a serious attack at county level.

3 hours ago, Magicman said:

Harrison bowled very little last game and Wood has not got above a handful of runs yet. 

I'm fairly certain Harrison is more of a batsman than a bowler. I remember seeing a video about a month ago about a record-breaking number of runs he scored for Repton school this year. His inclusion is more a look to the future which was probably deemed worthwhile given Wood’s lack of form.

I think Wood will come back in with the 3rd qualifying spot still up for grabs.

15 minutes ago, jimbo jones said:

Next inspection at 2:15

wet outfield the issue

Yep.

Apparently (according to Sue, listening to the announcements on YouTube) the outfield is so squidgy, they can't use the super-sopper to remove the water from the covers.

Needless to say, we're at home waiting for developments.