Derbyshire CCC - Mickey Arthur Appointed

Mihangel

Really running out of bowlers now.

Dal injured, Brown injured, Conners injured (I think) Dupavillon injured. Whatever happened to Ben Aitchison? The last I heard, he had signed a contract until the end of 2024, but that was in 2022. Permanently injured?

We might end up having to offer a short-term contract to Ray Toole who picked up a 6-for against Yorkshire for the Second XI this week.

The Memsahib and I missed today's play, unfortunately, but hopefully we will be there in the morning to see a fitting finish to a pretty good performance against Glamorgan (touch wood).

9 hours ago, Eddie said:

Really running out of bowlers now.

Dal injured, Brown injured, Conners injured (I think) Dupavillon injured. Whatever happened to Ben Aitchison? The last I heard, he had signed a contract until the end of 2024, but that was in 2022. Permanently injured?

We might end up having to offer a short-term contract to Ray Toole who picked up a 6-for against Yorkshire for the Second XI this week.

The Memsahib and I missed today's play, unfortunately, but hopefully we will be there in the morning to see a fitting finish to a pretty good performance against Glamorgan (touch wood).

Yeah, Conners and Aitchison are both injured.

Martin Andersson wasn't included in Middlesex’s squad for this round of games, so perhaps we can get him in on loan…unless he's injured as well. Signing Toole for some squad depth at least, makes sense.

First championship win since 2022, first win at the county ground since 2019.

Done comprehensively without an overseas player and a patched up bowling attack.

Its gone from doom and gloom to a sense of positivity. Hopefully, we can finish the season strong, although that might depend on if we have any bowlers left by the end of September. 

39 minutes ago, jimbo jones said:

Done comprehensively without an overseas player and a patched up bowling attack.

Its gone from doom and gloom to a sense of positivity. Hopefully, we can finish the season strong, although that might depend on if we have any bowlers left by the end of September. 

We do seem to have a history of a disproportionate number of injuries, going back years. How many overseas players have we had who arrive injured, are recovering from injuries, or break down with injuries?

Any way, well done lads. Onward and upward.

44 minutes ago, jimbo jones said:

Great to see…..waited a long time 😊

1 hour ago, Phoenix said:

We do seem to have a history of a disproportionate number of injuries, going back years. How many overseas players have we had who arrive injured, are recovering from injuries, or break down with injuries?

Any way, well done lads. Onward and upward.

Certainly feels that way. We seem to be cursed when it comes to overseas signings 😆