Derbyshire CCC - Mickey Arthur Appointed

Mihangel

Only watched our innings, which once again promised 330, but fizzled out once Reece, Came, and Haider all got out…in sloppy fashion. God help us when those 3 don't fire at the top.

Looking at the score, the bowling attack unsurprisingly remains toothless. We have to score big, like really big, 330+ if we are going to win a game. The aforementioned 3 need to start scoring centuries rather than 60/70s and the rest need to start contributing more.

We should have scored at least 330 from where we were after 30 overs but our bowling attack is so weak I don’t think we would’ve defended that. Glamorgan strolled to 300 I think our best chance is to actually win a toss and bowl first at least then we know what we’ve got to score, anyway I’ll be back Wednesday probably after the rams have been knocked out the league cup 😀

2 hours ago, Henrycav81 said:

We should have scored at least 330 from where we were after 30 overs but our bowling attack is so weak I don’t think we would’ve defended that. Glamorgan strolled to 300 I think our best chance is to actually win a toss and bowl first at least then we know what we’ve got to score, anyway I’ll be back Wednesday probably after the rams have been knocked out the league cup 😀

Then we will panic and be 60/5. We are just not good enough with the absentees 😬

Squad for tomorrow’s game against Sussex, who have also lost both games so far including conceding 427 runs against Durham 😳

Potts out of the squad for 16 year old Harry Moore, who has been making waves with Yousaf Bin Naeem (who I previously mentioned) coming through the “pathway”. Makes sense that the bowler gets an opportunity first. He either plays or we go with 2 spinners.

I'd play McKiernan, he might be expensive, but he's more likely to pick up wickets, and he strengthens the batting - we need to score 350.

IMG_3090.jpeg

3 hours ago, Magicman said:

Play McKiernan & Watt . 

I don’t think our bowling attack is good enough whoever plays.

Watt got knocked all round the park last week against Gloucester (77/0 off 9 overs) not saying these two would do any worse than the rest though.

At least Lloyd is back tomorrow he was one of the better bowlers at Gloucester 

17 hours ago, jimbo jones said:

I'd play McKiernan, he might be expensive, but he's more likely to pick up wickets, and he strengthens the batting - we need to score 350.

IMG_3090.jpeg

2 overs 1-4…😃

We're doing ok with the ball, if we can keep them too 300, its over to the batters, that's chasable.

A much needed and very convincing win.

I've said before, ideas that we were ready to kick on and compete for silverware after last season were very premature. However, there's plenty of ability in the squad with the bat, and scores of 350 should be attainable - should have got that today if needed.

The bowling needs to greatly improve for us to win consistently, which is why Amir and Brown have been signed. If we can get a good front line spinner as well, we will look a different team.

Today, Lakmal was more like the test bowler we was hoping for, fingers crossed he can stay fit and get into rhythm. Playing all 3 spinners is definitely the way to go. There will be a game all 3 get smashed around the park, but we are more likely to win games with all three playing I reckon.