Derbyshire CCC - Mickey Arthur Appointed

Mihangel

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, jimbo jones said:

Thoroughly enjoyed watching the highlights this morning 😄

There was a lot of doom and gloom after the Lancashire game which made this one feel pivotal for where this team goes. That performance set the standard, we need to be there or thereabouts every game.

But just how different was the mood when you saw the starting line up.

Donald, Fletcher and Madsen in, Came, Reece and Dal out. 

Suddenly that looked like a team with 20/20 calibre all over. 

Reminded me of the day when I went to watch the Rams play at West Brom under Lampard. Evening game on sky, I see the starting line up and it’s got Lawrence, Waggy, Marriott, Mount and Wilson in - I phone my dad and say “he’s playing five strikers!” - we destroyed West Brom 4-1 that night (forget the ending though lol).

Good signs for the season ahead.

Edited by rammieib

9 minutes ago, rammieib said:

But just how different was the mood when you saw the starting line up.

Donald, Fletcher and Madsen in, Came, Reece and Dal out. 

Suddenly that looked like a team with 20/20 calibre all over. 

Reminded me of the day when I went to watch the Rams play at West Brom under Lampard. Evening game on sky, I see the starting line up and it’s got Lawrence, Waggy, Marriott, Mount and Wilson in - I phone my dad and say “he’s playing five strikers!” - we destroyed West Brom 4-1 that night (forget the ending though lol).

Good signs for the season ahead.

Absolutely, the team just looked right the moment you saw it. Hopefully it can stay that way for the remaining games.

It will be interesting now what happens when Amir arrives if Fletcher and DuPavillon keep playing well.

32 minutes ago, jimbo jones said:

Absolutely, the team just looked right the moment you saw it. Hopefully it can stay that way for the remaining games.

It will be interesting now what happens when Amir arrives if Fletcher and DuPavillon keep playing well.

If DuPavillon bowls like that, I don’t change it.

I want Wagstaff to be given a chance as well - given there was no pressure last night I would have given him a second over but that’s small in the bigger picture. We’ve helped our run difference by destroying them.