Derbyshire CCC - Mickey Arthur Appointed

Mihangel

33 minutes ago, SKHunter said:

I've held back for a good while and I don't like to say it, but surely it's time for mickey to go. On a train, pi55ed orf, going home, I can only take so much. 

It’s not really his fault that we have been left with no bowlers because of the Mickey Mouse competition 😊

14 minutes ago, rammieib said:

We need to accept players will come and go.

Still think the priority is the Championship so we need to spend money on having the best team for that competition.

Certainly from what I've heard, Arthur wants all format players. Basically we can't afford to pay big money for players who are just going to play in the T20 and he's earned that money from the past 2 seasons performances.

Scrimshaw has the ability to play red ball cricket, but history says not the fitness.

Pat Brown always felt like his replacement.

Edited by jimbo jones

This boy looks a talent and I've started keeping a close eye on him. Scored a half century in every game for the Midlands team as they went unbeaten and won the super 4’s tournament last month, already has some runs under his belt for the seconds, and he's only 17.

Hopefully he doesn't bugger off to Kent or somewhere next season 👀

IMG_3010.png

4 hours ago, jimbo jones said:

This boy looks a talent and I've started keeping a close eye on him. Scored a half century in every game for the Midlands team as they went unbeaten and won the super 4’s tournament last month, already has some runs under his belt for the seconds, and he's only 17.

Hopefully he doesn't bugger off to Kent or somewhere next season 👀

IMG_3010.png

If he’s any good he will be at Essex before we know it. Cricket has gone just like football. I just want a trophy, be it DCFC or DCC, before I die - not too much to ask is it!? Sadly it’s never seemed so far away 😢

1 hour ago, Steve Buckley’s Dog said:

If he’s any good he will be at Essex before we know it. Cricket has gone just like football. I just want a trophy, be it DCFC or DCC, before I die - not too much to ask is it!? Sadly it’s never seemed so far away 😢

Do wooden spoons count?

Squad for the first home game of the one day cup….

No David Lloyd, presumably a condition of his loan.

Lakmal back in the squad, hopefully fit and primed and ready to roll back the years, our bowling attacks needs it.

IMG_3029.jpeg

Edited by jimbo jones

On 01/08/2023 at 19:27, SKHunter said:

I've held back for a good while and I don't like to say it, but surely it's time for mickey to go. On a train, pi55ed orf, going home, I can only take so much. 

I hope you're not watching this afternoon! 'Village' would be a VERY complimentary desciption, this is absolutely pathetic.