Derbyshire CCC - Mickey Arthur Appointed

Mihangel

Fairly routine win for India tonight down the county ground. We struggled to find the boundaries against their bowling attack. Apart from Du Plooy who hit 2 in a row but then got bowled out trying a ramp shot. Cartwright looked decent as well until Guest ran him out.

More importantly though, defeat for Northants and Yorkshire mean we have qualified for the T20 quarterfinals with a game to spare and even have a chance at a home QF with a win on Sunday ?

5 minutes ago, jimbo jones said:

Fairly routine win for India tonight down the county ground. We struggled to find the boundaries against their bowling attack. Apart from Du Plooy who hit 2 in a row but then got bowled out trying a ramp shot. Cartwright looked decent as well until Guest ran him out.

More importantly though, defeat for Northants and Yorkshire mean we have qualified for the T20 quarterfinals with a game to spare and even have a chance at a home QF with a win on Sunday ?

You had me confused, how could Derbys play India when England were in the Test, turns out India fielding two teams today...

24 minutes ago, jimbo jones said:

Hadn't realised we had actually qualified...well done Derbyshire....what a day today.....

18 minutes ago, derby8 said:

You had me confused, how could Derbys play India when England were in the Test, turns out India fielding two teams today...

As far as T20 is concerned, it was like a "Who's who" of the IPL.

A really enjoyable evening, and great to see Ben Aitchison back again.

10 minutes ago, Eddie said:

As far as T20 is concerned, it was like a "Who's who" of the IPL.

A really enjoyable evening, and great to see Ben Aitchison back again.

Oh yeah, you could see the quality. I don't watch the IPL so I had no idea who any of them where except for Karthik but they looked very good and also looked like there was another couple of gears they could go up.

Fingers crossed for some better luck with injuries for Aitchison. 

14 minutes ago, Jimbo Ram said:

Such a blow to lose Masood but let’s hope a couple of players can step up and make the difference to get us to Finals Day ???

Cartwright looks like a good replacement for T20. Looks a big unit who can give it a hit when he wants too, but can also bat properly. Just a real shame Masood misses the knockout stages after being so integral in our change in fortunes.

On 30/06/2022 at 14:18, rynny said:

155 years to make 1000 100s. That works out at less than 6.5 per year! I've lost touch with cricket over the past 20 odd years, but that seems a very poor rate to me. How does it compare with other counties?

4 hours ago, richinspain said:

155 years to make 1000 100s. That works out at less than 6.5 per year! I've lost touch with cricket over the past 20 odd years, but that seems a very poor rate to me. How does it compare with other counties?

I have absolutely no idea how you would even find that out...but I want to know ?