Derbyshire CCC - Mickey Arthur Appointed

Mihangel

9 minutes ago, Eddie said:

Has anyone else got this horribly strange feeling?

I think it's called optimisomethingorother.

Just had a friend of mine who’s very much the casual cricket fan ask me if we’ve “got a chance of winning the whole thing”

I don’t know how to respond ?‍♂️

2 minutes ago, jimbo jones said:

Wish I had radio derby on, rather than the miserable Yorkshire pud that was on the steam...

Go on iplayer, you had the choice of Radio Yorkshire or Radio Derby. Struggle listening to Radio, but I make an exception for T20.

43 minutes ago, jimbo jones said:

Wish I had radio derby on, rather than the miserable Yorkshire pud that was on the steam...

I loved their misgog chuntering as Masood and Madsen sauntered through the run chase. Comedy gold. First 8 over game I've ever watched to be fair and have to say it was pretty entertaining. Madsen's reverse sweep 6 was something Ben Stokes would have been proud of. Malan a class act but the Derbyshire bowlers made life very hard for their other batmen too. Mickey will be pleased with what was a really good team performance. 

3 hours ago, Loughborough Ram said:

You can watch all of derbyshires games on YouTube this season rather than relying on the radio. Just type in derbyshire cricket and click on the game you want.

It's splendid coverage as well.

While the Memsahib was struggling over the last couple of months, it kept us both going.

7 minutes ago, angieram said:

The BBC don't share our optimism. We lost, apparently.  ?

Typical Yorkshire arrogance being displayed by the BBC who probably had the match report already written. 
I like watching Derbyshire win, especially against test ground county teams who have everything weighted in their favour. Would be nice to get another today.

1 hour ago, Steve Buckley’s Dog said:

Typical Yorkshire arrogance being displayed by the BBC who probably had the match report already written. 
I like watching Derbyshire win, especially against test ground county teams who have everything weighted in their favour. Would be nice to get another today.

And then they changed it slightly making it sound like we snuck a win, rather than the cruise to victory it was.

A lot of the “big” clubs having their own in house commentators is irritating. Especially in the championship where BBC coverage from both counties commentators together is the norm and gives a much more balanced view. I don’t really see why they don’t do that for the T20’s as well ?‍♂️ I can just about stomach 40 overs but 4 days of bias tripe and then not knowing anything about the Derbyshire players gets testing ?

47 minutes ago, jimbo jones said:

And then they changed it slightly making it sound like we snuck a win, rather than the cruise to victory it was.

A lot of the “big” clubs having their own in house commentators is irritating. Especially in the championship where BBC coverage from both counties commentators together is the norm and gives a much more balanced view. I don’t really see why they don’t do that for the T20’s as well ?‍♂️ I can just about stomach 40 overs but 4 days of bias tripe and then not knowing anything about the Derbyshire players gets testing ?

Have they stopped calling Madsen 'Masden' yet?