The end

CBRammette

10 minutes ago, CornwallRam said:

I think it's unlikely that Mel Morris is a petulant teenager waiting for his Mum to clear the mouldy plates, 14 pairs of used boxer shorts and overflowing ashtrays from his room.

I never implied that he was a petulant teenager but it still doesn't stop him wanting someone else to clear the mess up.The inaction we have seen this last few weeks gives the impression he can't be bothered to do it.

49 minutes ago, CornwallRam said:

I don't think it has to do with liquidity though. Logically, his reasons for selling are probably one or more of; getting desperately short of cash, not feeling (mentally, physically or emotionally) capable of it or feeling that it's best for the club to have a more engaged owner.

Turning the club into a basket case just prolongs the losses and the aggravation because it becomes unsellable. If Mel just had to sell a hotel to be able to put another £10m in to stabilise the club, I'm sure he would because he could walk away far more quickly and with more cash. I think that Mel is far too desperate to use liquidity as an excuse.

He has been at the home games though which suggests to me a level of engagement. When owners have given up on their clubs, they're generally nowhere to be seen as all they want is an exit route.

I suspect he's well aware the serious buyers now looking to buy DCFC are wanting to drive a very hard bargain on the debts Mel will stand himself as condition of taking the club on i.e. no more Alonso/Sheik Khaled types out there happy to pay top whack.

If he's going to have to pay debts off himself, he may think that he'd be as well doing that via the club & given the big spending route hasnt worked, why not try the sustainable route. After all, we have a top notch Academy in a post Brexit landscape, a manager who will attract quality free transfers & turnover in excess of most of the division. I wonder now if our wage bill is well within our turnover given the EFL restrictions & high earners leaving the club as their contracts expire. A couple of seasons of this, sell the prized talents as they progress, replace with more Academy graduates and we start to generate cash, pay the debt down & become more attractive to buyers i.e. asking price of the club rises 

Does this explain the nonsense around ticketing? No but there is an argument they wanted to modernise by moving away from office staff to purely online & grossly misjudged how confusing that would be for our senior fans.

1 hour ago, LeedsCityRam said:

Does this explain the nonsense around ticketing? No but there is an argument they wanted to modernise by moving away from office staff to purely online & grossly misjudged how confusing that would be for our senior fans.

Think there are a number of fans of all ages confused, if posts on here are a guide.

Strangely enough, we haven't seen any noticeable absences from our band of (mostly retirement age) home and awayers! 

9 minutes ago, angieram said:

Think there are a number of fans of all ages confused, if posts on here are a guide.

Strangely enough, we haven't seen any noticeable absences from our band of (mostly retirement age) home and awayers! 

Good point - our central defenders have been pretty reliable so far.... ?