The end

CBRammette

This isnt a rehash of all the other threads on issues or who is to blame but just wondered how and when you think this will all realistically end? We seem to be caught in a never-ending cycle whereby the club cant/wont sort/pay/do something so the EFL add more crimes and there could be more potential punishment which presumably delays any sale and then back around the cycle we go again. We fans and the players/coaches are all stuck in the middle and from the increasingly fraught tones on here it just seems everyone's had enough of it. So how and when do you think this will all end? 

In my world. I would like the EFL to admit they were wrong.

Give us the equivalent time for the transfer window to buy who we want.

The ELF to reimburse any monies lost through the legal wrangling's including the £100,000. (would include compensation for mental strife they have put Mel and the team through)

Award at least 5 points as compensation for the points we have potentially dropped due to not having a full squad.

Find a multi-billionaire who is willing to literally pump life into the club.

However in the real world I don't really care as long as it is resolved as soon as possible so we can just get on with football.

Edited by BathRam72

51 minutes ago, erathirea said:

Probably with the inevitable heat death of the Universe.

Oh - you meant the situation at Derby?

Probably around 7.5 billion years time when the sun absorbs the earth.

Professor Brian Cox says around 4 billion years time, By which time Steve Buckley's Dog will have got his email reply from DCFC ?

Obviously just my opinion and not based on any info but I would have thought that since the word in ITK circles seems to have have been that DCFC had in theory been working with the EFL to thrash out some sort of compromise deal then if that had been sorted then it should largely just be a rubber stamping exercise and we'd know by now. The fact that we have the same charges still showing on the EFL list and now a new one tends to suggest to me that we did not find that compromise position. That being the case I would expect shortly that we will see an announcement of some sanction from the EFL and we might then enter further purgatory of appeal and counter appeal and nothing will be resolved any time soon unless MM were to go for the nuclear option which is surely not particularly appealing to him but we don't know how much longer he can keep going like this.

If we are crippled by a points sanction that is designed to send us down then being out of the Championship and no longer within one good season of a spot in the EPL would make the club even less attractive option than its current already debt-ridden state. Likewise though, further delay, wrangling and uncertainty over appeals surely kills any potential takeover deal too because you don't know what you are buying.

In summary then, if we don't have a deal sorted with the EFL (which seems increasingly likely) then I think we could be in for a world of pain. Any potential buyer is surely going to be thinking that they would be better off picking up the pieces after administration as the debt levels are just huge. Even if MM did the old 'sell it for a quid' routine, what do you get for your money ? A huge stack of debt and no stadium. Unless MM were to voluntarily take a massive financial hit in the sale, who would want to buy ? Even if you were offered a good deal on stadium rental, you are are then lacking any real tangible asset for your money apart from the academy facility which is surely not going to be much of a carrot.

2 minutes ago, Alty_Ram said:

Obviously just my opinion and not based on any info but I would have thought that since the word in ITK circles seems to have have been that DCFC had in theory been working with the EFL to thrash out some sort of compromise deal then if that had been sorted then it should largely just be a rubber stamping exercise and we'd know by now. The fact that we have the same charges still showing on the EFL list and now a new one tends to suggest to me that we did not find that compromise position. That being the case I would expect shortly that we will see an announcement of some sanction from the EFL and we might then enter further purgatory of appeal and counter appeal and nothing will be resolved any time soon unless MM were to go for the nuclear option which is surely not particularly appealing to him but we don't know how much longer he can keep going like this.

If we are crippled by a points sanction that is designed to send us down then being out of the Championship and no longer within one good season of a spot in the EPL would make the club even less attractive option than its current already debt-ridden state. Likewise though, further delay, wrangling and uncertainty over appeals surely kills any potential takeover deal too because you don't know what you are buying.

In summary then, if we don't have a deal sorted with the EFL (which seems increasingly likely) then I think we could be in for a world of pain. Any potential buyer is surely going to be thinking that they would be better off picking up the pieces after administration as the debt levels are just huge. Even if MM did the old 'sell it for a quid' routine, what do you get for your money ? A huge stack of debt and no stadium. Unless MM were to voluntarily take a massive financial hit in the sale, who would want to buy ? Even if you were offered a good deal on stadium rental, you are are then lacking any real tangible asset for your money apart from the academy facility which is surely not going to be much of a carrot.

Sadly a very good summary

1 hour ago, CBRammette said:

This isnt a rehash of all the other threads on issues or who is to blame but just wondered how and when you think this will all realistically end? We seem to be caught in a never-ending cycle whereby the club cant/wont sort/pay/do something so the EFL add more crimes and there could be more potential punishment which presumably delays any sale and then back around the cycle we go again. We fans and the players/coaches are all stuck in the middle and from the increasingly fraught tones on here it just seems everyone's had enough of it. So how and when do you think this will all end? 

It is.

Probably when Mel accepts he has to take a very significant loss on any sale. Not just on the money he put into the club to fund poor transfers and extensive contracts but also a loss on the value of the stadium. 

This won’t be over until someone takes over I’m afraid and no one else is going to cover those mistakes. 

14 minutes ago, Tyler Durden said:

Probably at the point when Mel realises he isn't going to find a buyer until he starts trying to run the club as a going concern again and whatever the outcome of the EFL decision he starts subsiding the club again from his own pocket to make the club more attractive to potential buyers.

You’ve got a point there mate. As we stand atm you hear people saying “Mel need to accept a loss and sell at any price” .. but to be honest it has to be like trying to flog used asbestos sheets with “buyer collects” …. Right now I doubt there are any potential buyers - at least any with integrity. 

If on the other hand wages have become sensible, agreement is reached regarding our alleged misbehaviour, crowds start to be 20K plus then maybe, just maybe it’s a possibility. 

I suspect there is a buyer, but only for a Championship club. Mel is resisting all attempts at giving us a points deduction, so the charges etc are dragging on. 

My guess is that we'll either get an announcement that all charges and disciplinary action is over and we have no points deduction, followed very quickly by a takeover, or we'll get a points deduction, followed by administration/receivership. 

Edited by CornwallRam

3 minutes ago, Dean (hick) Saunders said:

MM successfully applies for Derby County to join the MLS as UK franchise and then sells club to Yeehar Stetson who renames the club Derby Oilers with logo a black puddle.

As long as we all get the holy grail green card im all for it 

It ends when the EFL say that they don’t believe Derby should have a point deduction because if they do say they are implementing a point deduction Derby county will take legal action, that can only be the logical reason this hasn’t happened yet 

the EFL apparently agreed that they were aware of Derby change in amortisation policy and agreed to it happening and allowed it to happen for three years - most of that may well have been Shaun Harvey who has left but he was the EFL at that time.

It would be interesting to see if the EFL could defend itself in a legal setting.