When was the last time you got ID’d for alcohol

Day

23 hours ago, 1of4 said:

Never. I've always looked older than I am, even as a teenager. 

At the tender age of sixteen I was stood at the bar of The Spotted Horse in Derby having just ordered a pint of Double Diamond when two young lads walked in. The barmaid immediately turned to them and told them to get out. As she handed me my pint, she said " how annoying it was when kids tried to drink while underage". All I could do was nod in agreement and sip my pint while keeping a straight face.

Almost identical story here. 
Swap The Spotted for the Kingsway, Mackworth*, and the DD for a Worthington E, and we'd be like twins! 

The thing is, you only had to look 18 to get a drink back then (which I must have done, of course), and there was little more than a passport to put age and picture together for ID (I didn't have a passport until I turned 18).

What's the rule now?  If you don't look 25, you have to show ID to prove you're 21?**  What's that all about!  ?

*Not my local... was lunchtime on day release at college... 7 of us walked in... 5 had to walk back out again, unserved!  ?

**I might not have read that sign properly, to be fair... far too confusing!

21 hours ago, Eddie said:

Four weeks ago, receiving an order which came via UPS.

I'm 68.

Do I win?

You still masking up because of COVID to take door deliveries Eddie, or was it S&M night for you and the Memsahib?

I go into the supermarket hoping to buy some alcohol, only to come back our without it too often. I should have learnt by now to take some ID with me.

It used to only be when I was clean shaven.  A couple of days growth and I would never get ID'd.
With masks I get ID'd about 95% of the time.

I know rules are rules, but I think a bit of common sense should be applied sometimes. Someone with a weeks worth of food shopping, nappies and baby food probably isn't 17 ?

Just now, DarkFruitsRam7 said:

Carling.

Also showed my driver’s licence photo to my mates. Obviously they found it hilarious.

I'm genuinely surprised you get away with using that photo still