When was the last time you got ID’d for alcohol

David

Never. I've always looked older than I am, even as a teenager. 

At the tender age of sixteen I was stood at the bar of The Spotted Horse in Derby having just ordered a pint of Double Diamond when two young lads walked in. The barmaid immediately turned to them and told them to get out. As she handed me my pint, she said " how annoying it was when kids tried to drink while underage". All I could do was nod in agreement and sip my pint while keeping a straight face.

Edited by 1of4

About 3 years ago in NG1 nightclub in Nottingham.

They had this electronic driving licence scanner thing outside and the bouncers insisted everyone who wanted to get in had to present their driving licence against it. 

I said really mate are you having a laugh and the humourless get basically said if I didn't I wouldn't get in.

Wish I hadn't now as was crap. 

12 minutes ago, Tyler Durden said:

About 3 years ago in NG1 nightclub in Nottingham.

They had this electronic driving licence scanner thing outside and the bouncers insisted everyone who wanted to get in had to present their driving licence against it. 

I said really mate are you having a laugh and the humourless get basically said if I didn't I wouldn't get in.

Wish I hadn't now as was crap. 

The only scanner they have on the door of NG1 is a Gaydar.

2 hours ago, 1of4 said:

Never. I've always looked older than I am, even as a teenager. 

At the tender age of sixteen I was stood at the bar of The Spotted Horse in Derby having just ordered a pint of Double Diamond when two young lads walked in. The barmaid immediately turned to them and told them to get out. As she handed me my pint, she said " how annoying it was when kids tried to drink while underage". All I could do was nod in agreement and sip my pint while keeping a straight face.

Have a like for mentioning The Spotted Horse and Double Diamond ?

Could always get served in there on a match day aged 16!

Just now, Coneheadjohn said:

He only looks 12 to be fair.

We was sat outside a Spoons next to Old Trafford, I ordered him another pint, barmaid gave me my drink, Leanne hers, turns to him and says yeah, going to need to see your ID.

He whips his driving licence out with what looks like a picture of a primary school kid on.

Then shows us a pic of him when he was taking his lessons, was barely taller than the car, swear he must have had to sit on a booster seat ?

(Sorry @DarkFruitsRam7 but that did cheer me up a tad)

4 minutes ago, David said:

We was sat outside a Spoons next to Old Trafford, I ordered him another pint, barmaid gave me my drink, Leanne hers, turns to him and says yeah, going to need to see your ID.

He whips his driving licence out with what looks like a picture of a primary school kid on.

Then shows us a pic of him when he was taking his lessons, was barely taller than the car, swear he must have had to sit on a booster seat ?

I grew A LOT at about 17. 

Still sometimes get asked for ID when buying energy drink though.

47 minutes ago, David said:

Theirs a Spoons outside Old Trafford?  Oh to be a big club ?