OBON Day 2021 (Friday 25th)

Parsnip

Absolutely buzzing for this! I hope you'll all be joining myself and my children on Friday celebrating the government backed OBON day? 

Here are the main lyrics to the song we're gonna be singing all day...

[Chorus]
We are Britain
And we have one dream
To unite all people
In one great team
We are Britain
And we have one dream
To unite all people
In one great team

[Outro]
Strong Britain, Great Nation
Strong Britain, Great Na-a-tion

Get the bloody bunting out!

2 minutes ago, maxjam said:

Gets political and locked in 5, 4, 3, 2, 1...

Laughably cheesy but reading the website and it's heart is in the right place I suppose

celebrate the values we share: tolerance, kindness, pride, respect, and a tremendous desire to help others.

Today’s Britain boasts a wonderful array of cultures. It is our multicultural identity that makes Britain so unique

Can we make a call to discuss it here using only tolerance, kindness and respect for each other views?

Just noticed that a lot of schools in Scotland broke up today for their summer holiday. So with them and the school children in Northern Ireland, a country that isn't a part of Great Britain. There'll be a large number of the nation's kids not participating in the singing tomorrow.

Not heard the song but can the Great Britain part be replaced with England without messing up the tune.

Listened to the fella behind OBON on LBC yesterday, a Sikh fella from Bradford. Ex police inspector. 

Was a sound geezer and his heart is in the right place.. Nothing underlying here, just a naff song really. I think it was written by kids though.

Edited by Angry Ram

3 hours ago, Angry Ram said:

Listened to the fella behind OBON on LBC yesterday, a Sikh fella from Bradford. Ex police inspector. 

Was a sound geezer and his heart is in the right place.. Nothing underlying here, just a naff song really. I think it was written by kids though.

I think you're right, but it does have the unfortunate side effect of looking like we're forming the Boris Youth.