Academy Thread 21/22

Shadowplay

1 hour ago, Ghost of Clough said:

George Nunn, interesting...

Played CF for Chelsea and did quite well up to an including U18 level. Struggled to carry that through to the U23s and has adapted into a left winger, even playing wing back on occasion. 

Dylan Williams has taken his place apparently 

https://www.si.com/soccer/chelsea/.amp/transfer-news/report-chelsea-forward-george-nunn-attracting-deadline-day-interest-from-holland-germany

@RoyMac5 yes, I was. Just travelled back from Swansea and called straight into game. Not really been on here much while away, sorry.

Difference today was in defence, two midfielders playing centre back, plus a very inexperienced keeper. Having said that, I think CJ  Clarke is adapting very well, not sure whether Robinson has played there much? 

They had a tall strong centre half, kept Cybulski then Stretton very quiet. 

55 minutes ago, angieram said:

@RoyMac5 yes, I was. Just travelled back from Swansea and called straight into game. Not really been on here much while away, sorry.

Difference today was in defence, two midfielders playing centre back, plus a very inexperienced keeper. Having said that, I think CJ  Clarke is adapting very well, not sure whether Robinson has played there much? 

They had a tall strong centre half, kept Cybulski then Stretton very quiet. 

I like the look of CJ (although preferred him in midfield). Has Foulkes left or is he injured?

Hope it was enjoyable non-the-less. #COYR

1 minute ago, RoyMac5 said:

I like the look of CJ (although preferred him in midfield). Has Foulkes left or is he injured?

Hope it was enjoyable non-the-less. #COYR

He is injured, unfortunately. Good keeper. I'm sure Harry will be fine, but he's not very strong yet. 

Yes, very enjoyable,  and we could have should have won. The penalty miss from Stretton gave them the impetus for a while but we never gave in.